I have a problem when making a call in that I cannot hear the other person, unless it's on loud speaker. I thought that with Android phones you could adjust call volume during a call, but when I press the volume buttons during a call, the screen displays the ring volume icon with no mention of in call volume. Could there be a fault with the phone or is there something I could try?
    Thanks for any replies.
    01-15-2016 09:08 AM
    That's strange. I just double checked in my X Play and I can adjust the call volume while on a call. I get the volume slider and the phone icon. Are you using a third party dialer? Does the problem persist after a reboot?
    Attached Thumbnails In call volume-1452871784208.jpg  
    01-15-2016 09:29 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm using the standard software. I've just done a factory reset and the problem is still there. When I press the volume button during a call I just get the ring volume icon next to the slider. It's weird!

Edit: When I switch to loudspeaker and then press the volume button the call icon then does appear next to the slider.
    01-15-2016 10:11 AM
    Yeah, that's weird! Three possibilities I can think of.

- Defective unit. Check with Motorola or your carrier.

- A conflict with a third party app that you downloaded. Boot in safe mode and see if the problem persists.

- Some conflict in your settings. Go to settings - apps - three dots top right - reset app preferences and reboot.

The factory reset should have fixed the last two possibilities but there's a chance that those options were restored from your account backup.
    bugbear12 likes this.
    01-15-2016 10:35 AM
    I noticed your edit after I posted my reply. That's even weirder! It's your phone retail or from a network provider? Do you have any specific carrier settings?
    01-15-2016 10:41 AM
    Yeah, that's weird! Three possibilities I can think of.

- Defective unit. Check with Motorola or your carrier.

- A conflict with a third party app that you downloaded. Boot in safe mode and see if the problem persists.

- Some conflict in your settings. Go to settings - apps - three dots top right - reset app preferences and reboot.

The factory reset should have fixed the last two possibilities but there's a chance that those options were restored from your account backup.
    01-15-2016 10:41 AM
    Sorry my last reply did not post properly.I have since spoken to Motorola who talked me through the safe mode, but it did not work. As it seems so simple, I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but the retailer (john lewis) has agreed to replace it anyway.
    Javier P likes this.
    01-15-2016 11:42 AM
    Good luck then. Tell us how it goes.
    01-15-2016 01:49 PM
    Good luck then. Tell us how it goes.
    Update on this: I had a new phone delivered which works perfectly. It seemed a very odd fault and I'm now nervous to play around with the in-call volume on the new one in case it stops working!
    01-26-2016 06:06 AM
    Thanks for the update.
    I personally find in call volume to be low, even when maxed out.
    Speaker volume is plenty adequate though.
    01-29-2016 09:13 PM