Looking to purchase Moto X Play and have some queries.

Ashish Gupta888

Jan 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi Folks,
I am planning to purchase Moto X Play and have some questions before I go for this phone.

1. I have seen in some reviews that overall performance lags due to snapdragon 615 chipset. Is it true? What is your take on this? Did you observe lags/stutter issues in day to day usage? Also, does this device heat up on normal usage?

2. I love playing "World Cricket Championship 2" game on my current Lumia phone and want same lagfree performance on Moto X Play too. Has anyone played this game on their X play? If yes, how about the gameplay? Do graphics look smooth and let you experience a smooth gameplay?

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey there - sorry, I do not have a Moto X Play; but wanted to help as best I could. What carrier are you with? Try going to their website and seeing if there are any customer reviews of the Moto X Play. I've had overall good experiences with reading customer reviews for devices - a lot of them are intelligent and useful to potential buyers. Sure, you get some reviews that are just pointless to read; but in my experience, you can get some good ones. Hopefully, you will find some good information about device heating, lags, and gameplay. :)

girinath

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
1. There are no heat issues in the moto x play. After android M update the overall performance of the device has greatly improved. Playing high end games like pirates, call of duty is ok but leaving that other games work well.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Asish, welcome to the forums! I agree with girinath, the X Play performance improved greatly after the update. You shouldn't have any problem running that game.

dlalonde

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I've had a lot of phones in the last years including Lumias and an Android flagship (Samsung Galaxy S4). But this is the best phone I've had especially at this price point. I can't tell you for the game you want as I don't know it. But the overall experience on the phone is the best IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles