Why my computer can read my card after upgrading to mm6? (using mtp)

A

AC Question

I upgraded my Moto X Play to MM and when I saw the option about the SD just went to my computer before picking any of them to try to make a backup. The weird thing is that it only shows "ss-ram-dumps" folder and none of the other ones there.

If I search with my phone using Astro everything is there so I'm sure it's not deleted, but if I connect my phone by usb I can only see that folder and if I try to connect the card using a card reader it says that the card can't be read because of the filesystem used.

Any help will really be apreciated, I just want to be able to save all my photos and music.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Turn the phone off. Take the card out. Plug the card into the computer. (If the computer doesn't have an SD slot - the card should have come with an adapter to a full-size SD slot - you'll need a USB card reader (I use the Anker 8 in one - it takes both full and micro size cards (and can read 2 at once) and is only $8. Then you should be able to copy files from the card to the computer.

nghtchld

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here and I found and followed a fix at: forums.androidcentral DOT com/moto-g-2015/630247-pc-can-t-access-moto-g-files.html#post4937816
This is a known issue with the Marshmallow update on G3 with SD card set as portable storage (users who switched to internal storage seem to have no issues)... Disconnect USB, then Go to Settings, Apps, and Show System Apps, then find External Storage and Media Storage, and clear data and cache on each one and reboot. Give it 5 min after full boot up to rebuild media databases and connect to USB and select MTP, should be good to go.

Next time I rebooted and connected to PC (Win 10) it was all there! Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma