12-27-2017 05:47 PM
62 123
tools
    I m also having the same issues with my X-Play. What to do?
    08-15-2016 11:10 PM
    I tried all the methods and nothing worked so I did the factory reset in Recovery mode. Now its working fine.
    08-16-2016 08:02 AM
    Hey,
    maybe someone here can help me!
    I have the same problem ( bottom middle and right button don't work just light up, drop down menu doesn't show wlan bluetooth etc. or notifications)
    I have tried to log in as guest but it redirects me to my account straight away. Shutting the phone of and turning back on doesn't do the trick either.
    It crashed a couple of times today which I thought was because the memory was so full.
    I tried to get all my photos off but since the drop down menu isn't working I can't select it to connect to my laptop and there is way to many pictures to send them via mail and I can't use bluetooth either so now I am stuck.
    I don't want to loose all my photos and do a factory backup but I also can't use the phone like this and can't safe the pictures elsewhere without it properly working.
    Help would be very appreciated !!!
    08-22-2016 06:07 AM
    Hello,

connect a pendrive using the OTG cable and move the data to it. Or upload your photos to Google Drive.
    08-22-2016 06:15 AM
    Hey,
    maybe someone here can help me!
    I have the same problem ( bottom middle and right button don't work just light up, drop down menu doesn't show wlan bluetooth etc. or notifications)
    I have tried to log in as guest but it redirects me to my account straight away. Shutting the phone of and turning back on doesn't do the trick either.
    It crashed a couple of times today which I thought was because the memory was so full.
    I tried to get all my photos off but since the drop down menu isn't working I can't select it to connect to my laptop and there is way to many pictures to send them via mail and I can't use bluetooth either so now I am stuck.
    I don't want to loose all my photos and do a factory backup but I also can't use the phone like this and can't safe the pictures elsewhere without it properly working.
    Help would be very appreciated !!!
    Welcome to the forums. Have you already tried the solutions included in the link on post #28?
    08-22-2016 06:37 AM
    Hello everyone. I also have a moto x play and before two days it started have some force restart problems. As it works fine suddenly do a restart. Does anyone have the same problem? Is it a hardware or software issue? Please help.....
    09-26-2016 12:58 AM
    helloo sandeep iam also facing the same problem as of u had no incoming calls and all the other common notification bar and home button problems ...can u plz help me to resolve it .....
    09-26-2016 10:51 PM
    I cannot see any link in post #28
    09-26-2016 11:46 PM
    Install Nova Launcher
    Create a "Activities Shortcut" Widget
    Select "Setup Wizard" then under that select ".SetupExitActivity"
    Tap the widget you've just created
    Done
    09-28-2016 12:52 AM
    I cannot see any link in post #28
    Look at the links in some of the previous posts in this thread. The post numbers have changed because Mods have deleted a number of empty posts (where people simply quote another person and don't add anything else).
    09-28-2016 04:10 AM
    In the last 24 hours i am having several issues with a moto x play. the drop down menu from the top of the screen no longer contains any of the buttons (bluetooth/wifi/data etc), the on/off button will now not allow restart or flight mode only power off and the button at the bottom of the screen to return to the home page no longer works. it still illuminates as though you've pressed it but it does nothing. The phone has also crashed on numerous occasions. Any help would be great!
    Solved !!!
    09-30-2016 02:52 PM
    I had exactly same problem on my Moto X Play. I was running out of space and I used to get alert all the time. 2 days back my phone restarted just like that and after that notif. drawer, home and recent apps buttons stopped working.

I could not even factory reset phone via Settings, that button was disabled. So, I searched through and got this video ( ) and got to know how you hard reset Moto X Play. I got into recovery mode and wiped data/factory reset. All back to normal now!

Hope it helps
    Awais khan4 likes this.
    10-04-2016 06:17 AM
    THIS METHOD TOTALLY WORKS !!
    *No need to erase ur device, one simple method*
    MY MOTO X PLAY WASNT WORKING AFTER IT HAD CRASHED DUE INSUFFICIENT MEMORY!!AND AFTER IT OPENED I CLDNT ACCESS THE NOTIFICATION CENTRE NEITHER I CLD RECIEVE NOTIFICATIONS..
    I ALMOST TRIED EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NOVA LAUNCHER THINGY (follow all the steps carefully)..and it just solved the issue lyk a piece of cake..
    👉Install Nova Launcher
    👉Create a "Activities Shortcut" Widget (in Widgets)
    👉Select "Setup Wizard" then under that ".SetupExitActivity"
    👉Tap the widget you have created
    👉voilaaaaaaaa DONE
    I WAS SOO EXCITED WHEN IT WAS TOTALLY WORKING WITH THIS SIMPLE METHOD,AS I WASTED WHOLE OF MY NIGHT BEHIND THIS CRAP😂
    THnx a ton for this solution @Reenal Chand ,u r a saviour..
    God bless you..
    hope it helped the others
    *REPOSTING THIS CUZ I IGNORED THIS METHOD INITIALLY THINKING IT AS USELESS BUT WHEN I TRIED EVERY THING AND THIS WAS THE ONLY SAVIOUR*
    Cheers✌✌✌
    10-20-2016 12:29 AM
    I have the same problems. I am using Marshmallow, Motorola X Play. My device manager shows 2 options:
    Android Device Manager (that's checked)
    Outlook Device Policy (not checked, but not grayed out so I could check it if that makes sense)
    Should I switch the administrator?
    10-26-2016 11:03 PM
    Nevermind... When I posted my question it showed me a page 2 (who knew?) So feeling silly I read through that and ended up going with the install nova solution (thanks to Awais Khan) and it worked. Now I get to have fun re-designing my pages....but at least it seems to be working now. Thank-You So Much!
    10-26-2016 11:21 PM
    I found a solution for moto x play fix just press power and volume down button . now select recovery from the menu . u will see a no permission window now click and hold power button and click volume up button now u will see reset tab click it and enjoy ... It worked for me truy .... And send feedback
    10-27-2016 03:01 PM
    Does it format your device memory??
    11-07-2016 03:43 PM
    I found a solution for moto x play fix just press power and volume down button . now select recovery from the menu . u will see a no permission window now click and hold power button and click volume up button now u will see reset tab click it and enjoy ... It worked for me truy .... And send feedback
    Hi, GokuRaju, are u suggesting Formatting the device. If yes then would u not advice all to save the date. Just asking
    11-13-2016 12:41 AM
    It won't require securing the data etc?
    11-13-2016 12:44 AM
    THIS METHOD TOTALLY WORKS !!
    *No need to erase ur device, one simple method*
    MY MOTO X PLAY WASNT WORKING AFTER IT HAD CRASHED DUE INSUFFICIENT MEMORY!!AND AFTER IT OPENED I CLDNT ACCESS THE NOTIFICATION CENTRE NEITHER I CLD RECIEVE NOTIFICATIONS..
    I ALMOST TRIED EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NOVA LAUNCHER THINGY (follow all the steps carefully)..and it just solved the issue lyk a piece of cake..
    👉Install Nova Launcher
    👉Create a "Activities Shortcut" Widget (in Widgets)
    👉Select "Setup Wizard" then under that ".SetupExitActivity"
    👉Tap the widget you have created
    👉voilaaaaaaaa DONE
    I WAS SOO EXCITED WHEN IT WAS TOTALLY WORKING WITH THIS SIMPLE METHOD,AS I WASTED WHOLE OF MY NIGHT BEHIND THIS CRAP😂
    THnx a ton for this solution @Reenal Chand ,u r a saviour..
    God bless you..
    hope it helped the others
    *REPOSTING THIS CUZ I IGNORED THIS METHOD INITIALLY THINKING IT AS USELESS BUT WHEN I TRIED EVERY THING AND THIS WAS THE ONLY SAVIOUR*
    Cheers✌✌✌

It really works ..like a charm..
    cheers
    12-04-2016 12:19 AM
    The nova launcher metod worked for me too... in spanish you look for the "actividades" widget and then for "asistente de configuración" and select exactly the same ".SetupExitActivity" forwarding this to the desktop and select it... it shows all my messagges, my problem was with my intern memory full of big files from a download... Thankyou guys!
    01-01-2017 03:57 PM
    It really works ..like a charm..
    cheers
    Yep!! Do NOVA app FOR SURE!!! My only question is does that solve the problem or does that just cover it up? I don't want a virus on my phone going undetected....
    01-11-2017 04:15 PM
    Hi gor for Motorola support and contact dem through ..chat live...tell ur problem. Dey wil tell u 5 steps ...and follow dem....I solved the same problem by their method
    Hi I tried ds option but the person instead of giving me solution told me to visit nearest moto service centre, can u share those 5 steps
    02-05-2017 03:30 AM
    when i click users nothing happens (so i cant sign in as a guest), and when i go to factory reset the "reset phone" is greyed out! 😣
    05-20-2017 12:41 PM
    I got the same problem but even the Nova Launcher thing doesn't work.
    For all who got the same problem there's another chance besides factory reset:
    Download and setup ADB-Tools
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardExitActivity
    That's all.
    It's even working with Android Nougat. (Tested witch Nexus 4 and Sony Xperia Z1 Compact both with lineageOS based AICP custom rom)
    06-02-2017 04:11 PM
62 123