Moto X Play drop down menu, main menu button and restart issues. Any help?

gokulraju12345

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Re: moto x play drop down menu, main menu button and restart issues

I found a solution for moto x play fix just press power and volume down button . now select recovery from the menu . u will see a no permission window now click and hold power button and click volume up button now u will see reset tab click it and enjoy ... It worked for me truy .... And send feedback

avijit singh

Nov 13, 2016
Visit site

I found a solution for moto x play fix just press power and volume down button . now select recovery from the menu . u will see a no permission window now click and hold power button and click volume up button now u will see reset tab click it and enjoy ... It worked for me truy .... And send feedback

Hi, GokuRaju, are u suggesting Formatting the device. If yes then would u not advice all to save the date. Just asking :)

Ajinkya Deshmukh

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
THIS METHOD TOTALLY WORKS !!
*No need to erase ur device, one simple method*
MY MOTO X PLAY WASNT WORKING AFTER IT HAD CRASHED DUE INSUFFICIENT MEMORY!!AND AFTER IT OPENED I CLDNT ACCESS THE NOTIFICATION CENTRE NEITHER I CLD RECIEVE NOTIFICATIONS..
I ALMOST TRIED EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE NOVA LAUNCHER THINGY (follow all the steps carefully)..and it just solved the issue lyk a piece of cake..
👉Install Nova Launcher
👉Create a "Activities Shortcut" Widget (in Widgets)
👉Select "Setup Wizard" then under that ".SetupExitActivity"
👉Tap the widget you have created
👉voilaaaaaaaa DONE
I WAS SOO EXCITED WHEN IT WAS TOTALLY WORKING WITH THIS SIMPLE METHOD,AS I WASTED WHOLE OF MY NIGHT BEHIND THIS CRAP😂
THnx a ton for this solution @Reenal Chand ,u r a saviour..
God bless you..
hope it helped the others
*REPOSTING THIS CUZ I IGNORED THIS METHOD INITIALLY THINKING IT AS USELESS BUT WHEN I TRIED EVERY THING AND THIS WAS THE ONLY SAVIOUR*
Cheers✌✌✌

It really works ..like a charm..
cheers

elferlocote

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
The nova launcher metod worked for me too... in spanish you look for the "actividades" widget and then for "asistente de configuración" and select exactly the same ".SetupExitActivity" forwarding this to the desktop and select it... it shows all my messagges, my problem was with my intern memory full of big files from a download... Thankyou guys!

Kartika Katariya

Feb 5, 2017
Visit site
Hi gor for Motorola support and contact dem through ..chat live...tell ur problem. Dey wil tell u 5 steps ...and follow dem....I solved the same problem by their method

Hi I tried ds option but the person instead of giving me solution told me to visit nearest moto service centre, can u share those 5 steps

Shelbi Moore

May 20, 2017
Visit site

when i click users nothing happens (so i cant sign in as a guest), and when i go to factory reset the "reset phone" is greyed out! 😣

Steve Chacko

May 27, 2016
Visit site

I got the same problem but even the Nova Launcher thing doesn't work.
For all who got the same problem there's another chance besides factory reset:
Download and setup ADB-Tools
Code:
adb shell
su
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.google.android.setupwizard/.SetupWizardExitActivity
That's all.
It's even working with Android Nougat. (Tested witch Nexus 4 and Sony Xperia Z1 Compact both with lineageOS based AICP custom rom)

How would you input these commands? You would have to connect the phone to a PC right?
I'm having the same issue, started up today on my one plus 3. Can't access notifications,home and recents button is not working. I'm running nougat btw.
The thing is for my device to show up in the adb devices list my phone has to have debugging enabled and set to mtp right? But I can't do any of those things.
Please help . I will have to factory reset soon as a last resort

derekmg

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
The Nova launcher fix worked for me as well, but the problem has re-occured twice since. It always starts with the phone re-booting itself. Then the problems start. There is no apparent pattern as to how/when it occurs. Now I click on the widget I created, go through the setup screens, and I'm back to normal. Still looking for a permanent solution however!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The Nova launcher fix worked for me as well, but the problem has re-occured twice since. It always starts with the phone re-booting itself. Then the problems start. There is no apparent pattern as to how/when it occurs. Now I click on the widget I created, go through the setup screens, and I'm back to normal. Still looking for a permanent solution however!

Welcome to the forums. Do you have any Developer Option enabled?

derekmg

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome!! Glad to be here. Good forum.

And yes, I do have the Developer Option enabled. My first issue occurred about 5-7 days after enabling it. I wondered if there was any connection but I could not come up with one.

And I've seen numerous posts of people having the exact same issues (even with 5.1, 6.0, and 7) and the Nova / Setup Wizzard seems to be the 'fix' that is working for most people. That or running it via adb.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome!! Glad to be here. Good forum.

And yes, I do have the Developer Option enabled. My first issue occurred about 5-7 days after enabling it. I wondered if there was any connection but I could not come up with one.

And I've seen numerous posts of people having the exact same issues (even with 5.1, 6.0, and 7) and the Nova / Setup Wizzard seems to be the 'fix' that is working for most people. That or running it via adb.

Yeah, this funny bug has been affecting several different phones for a while and the Nova trick usually worked.

For some people this problem seemed related to the developer options (I don't remember which one in particular), so you'd try disabling them as a test for a little while and see if the problem persists. Which options do you have enabled?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Also, I read that maybe it's related to a bug in the Factory Reset Protection feature. Did you plug your phone in a computer before you had this problem?

derekmg

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site

I think I just have the standard default options turned on. I enabled develop options, but don't think I changed any of the individual settings. So auto system updates, USB debugging, verify apps over USB, mobile data always active are on, the rest are off. I can turn off developer options completely and see if that helps but I won't know for probably 2 weeks.
It wasn't plugged into the computer when it happened. It seems like it reboots sometime during the night. So when I turn it on in the morning I have to enter the pwd and it completes the reboot then the issues start. It was connected to my computer about a week earlier but not the day of or day before.

derekmg

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site

Thank Javier. Yes, I've seen a number of posts with the issue. I had not seen that one though. I was starting to think it was malware. Strange thing is I don't think that this is coinciding with OTA updates. Could be the same issue, certainly has the same symptoms! I'm going to wait to see if it happens again. The first time I seem to remember I could launch the google play store and it was wanting me to download a specific app I'd never heard of, no other apps would download. Not sure at this point what was going on there but I'll look closer at that next time and post again if I find anything more out. Thanks again!

Izidor2323

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site

In the last 24 hours i am having several issues with a moto x play. the drop down menu from the top of the screen no longer contains any of the buttons (bluetooth/wifi/data etc), the on/off button will now not allow restart or flight mode only power off and the button at the bottom of the screen to return to the home page no longer works. it still illuminates as though you've pressed it but it does nothing. The phone has also crashed on numerous occasions. Any help would be great!

I have same issues AND in addition: cannot add new users (seems my moto x play is configured to have one user only) + apps do not update/ download; I cannot download Nova launcher on my phone eve though I seem to be able to uninstall apps from Play Store. I also don't seem to be able to connect my phone to a laptop and transfer files...

A lot of installed apps appear to be 'pending' some updates/downloads; as if all of them are trying to update all at once but failing...

Ay suggestions? Not tried factory reset or safe mode restart...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37