Hello

I have a problem with my Moto X Play since updating from Lollipop to Marshmallow. Here is the background to the problem and any steps I have taken to troubleshoot:

1) Moto X Play phone purchased in August 2015 - no problems with Lollipop.

2) End of January - phone updated to Marshmallow.

3) Within a day, I noticed the following problem. On the lock screen, I can swipe, and enter certain digits for my PIN, but not other digits - e.g. I can type 1 but not 4. I also can't press the home, square or back buttons at the bottom of the screen. This problem is intermittent. Sometimes, restarting the phone solves it for a while before it returns.

4) I started the phone in safe mode - to see if it would help. 5 days ago - this seemed to help. I also uninstalled a few apps. No issues for 5 days.

5) Today, the issue returned. I restarted in safe mode. The issue persisted whilst in safe mode.

6) I have now disabled the lock screen.

Can anyone recommend a solution please?

Many thanks.
    02-17-2016 09:57 AM
    I recommend you to backup your device and factory reset it. If it still have problems, re-flash it.

Posted with ❤Love❤
    02-17-2016 10:28 AM
    Hi, welcome to the forums! What do you mean by "disabling the lock screen", are you using a third party app? In the last weeks I've read several reports about a similar problem, but in general with HTC and Samsung devices. It sounds like a conflict with a third party app. Take a look at this thread and see if any of those fixes work for you.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=635028
    Screen unresponsive in some places? Try these fixes.
    02-17-2016 12:21 PM