Why won't some aps move to Adopted SD on Marshmallow?

A

AC Question

Why won't some aps move to Adopted SD on Marshmallow

I've done the formatting for my Moto X Play to adopt the SD card. So I can now move some aps. However, I thought this adoption process made the Sd a fullly integrated memory source you could move everything to? But the list of aps I can move across seems even more limited than it did on older versions of Android.

Bough a 16GB phone thinking this would be ok after only just having not enough on the 8GB Moto G. But if I'm even more limited in what can go on Sd even after the odd 'adoption' process I may be pretty stuck again.

Android really doesn't like people having access to extra capacity does it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Making your SD card into adoptable storage incorporates that card into the phone's Internal Storage. So it no longer is recognized as a separate location. You should see your total Internal Storage increase after making the card adoptable, but be aware that if the card fails, it can cause various problems. Read more here: Inside Marshmallow: Adoptable storage | Android Central

ylap

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Why won't some aps move to Adopted SD on Marshmallow

Yes, not all apps can be moved. Only if they support or supported app2sd before. So it is still for developers to decide, make movable apps or not. The main difference is that app2sd apps now are moved fully, not partially as in older OS versions.

Posted via the Android Central App