Apps Resetting after use - Android 6 Moto X Play

A

AC Question

Got my Play a few months back, and I've had this problem since I got it. It was happening on Android 6, and still happens on 6.0.1. Some of my apps (Geometry Dash for example) keep getting reset after I close them or after a while (like 30 mins - 1 hr). It erases all my game data. I also cannot do a factory reset, when I try my phone crashes and I have to reboot. Any help is appreciated!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say it erases your game data, do you mean that the current game you were playing isn't paused? Or do these games actually have a save game function, but the saved games are being erased?

My guess is that the games are being closed out of RAM by the system when it needs to free up RAM for another app or process. This is how Android manages RAM. Apps that you use and then close don't necessarily remain cached in the background forever--the system dynamically manages what apps remain in RAM and which ones should close to allow another app to open.

You should also make sure that you're not running a "RAM booster" app, because these usually work by automatically closing apps out of RAM, even if that additional RAM isn't needed by the system. This can be detrimental to the system's performance.

girinath

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Install google play and make a gamer ID. Connect to your mail ID while playing a gaming.
Google play app saves the game data while playing in online..

Posted via the Android Central App