Hi All,

I just got a new Moto X Play, I was confused between Moto G4 plus and Moto X Play, but I chose it over G4 plus because of the higher battery capacity. But it seems the battery backup is not good. I was earlier using Moto G3 and X play backup looks even worse than G3. Any suggestion to get a better battery backup?? Also, what is the average backup duration considering 1 hr of calling, 3 hrs of facebook/internet surfing, 1-2 hes of listening music (on headphones) and absolutely no gaming.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
    08-24-2016 01:24 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Battery life depends greatly on your personal usage. There are many factors to be considered, WiFi vs Mobile data, cell signal, location settings, Bluetooth, screen brightness, sync settings, widgets ... Also, battery life is always worse the first days, until the system settles down and you complete a few full charges.

Use your phone normally and take screenshots of your battery stats when there's about 30℅ of charge left. Post them here and we'll take a look. Just be aware that apps like Facebook will use a lot of juice.
    neerajgv007 likes this.
    08-24-2016 01:49 PM
    08-26-2016 09:41 PM
    Welcome to the forums. Battery life depends greatly on your personal usage. There are many factors to be considered, WiFi vs Mobile data, cell signal, location settings, Bluetooth, screen brightness, sync settings, widgets ... Also, battery life is always worse the first days, until the system settles down and you complete a few full charges.

Use your phone normally and take screenshots of your battery stats when there's about 30℅ of charge left. Post them here and we'll take a look. Just be aware that apps like Facebook will use a lot of juice.
    Hi Javier P,

As suggested I have uploaded the screen shot of the battery usage.

Thanks

Regards
    Neeraj
    08-26-2016 09:44 PM
    I think your biggest drain comes from a bad cell signal. The signal bar is mostly orange and even nonexistent sometimes. Do you have signal problems in your area or maybe using the phone inside a big building?
    08-27-2016 12:51 AM