Hello,

Some time ago my phone sent me notifications telling me that my phone's internal storage was running out. I don't have an SD card so at first I tried to fix the problem by deleting pictures, video's and apps. It didn't help too much so eventually a lot of the phone's basic functions got switched off and it's impossible to switch them back on even though the storage problem is fixed now. By basic functions I mean: push notifications, lock screen, home button and many more.

I would do a reset, but I am in China and I use express VPN on my phone. A reset would mean that I lose the express VPN app and won't be able to download it again, I'm afraid.

I noticed that there is a system update available, but I feel like that won't help me too much in this situation, will it?

As you can see from this message, I'm not too good with technology...
    Is there anyone who can help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance
    12-11-2016 11:19 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It doesn't quite make sense that those basic functions would be switched off due to low storage space.

Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Storage menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html

Also, try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://motorola-global-en-aus.custh...p/30,6720,9392
    12-11-2016 06:36 PM
    Moto X Play Android 6.0.1 basic functions switched off due to exceeding of storage limit-storage-menu.jpg

Thank you for your answer. I followed your advice to wipe the cache partition, but sadly it didn't change anything about the problems I've been experiencing.

Do you think that doing the system update might help or should I fix this problem first?
    12-12-2016 11:14 AM
    You're currently on Do Not Disturb -- did you mean to turn that on? That could explain why you're not getting any notifications.

Also, go to Settings>Apps, and make sure you haven't Disabled any important system apps. Some phones have a separate Disabled list, but on others, you just have to scroll through the All Apps list and look for the ones that are flagged as Disabled. Make sure also to tap the overflow menu button at the upper right and select Show System, since system apps are usually not displayed by default.
    12-12-2016 11:44 AM
    Also, see this thread for possible solutions.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh....php?p=5507222
    12-12-2016 03:26 PM
    The Do Not Disturb option was switched on consciously. It's not just not getting push notifications at any time. It's also not being able to use the quick menu by sliding the screen down and so on.

I checked the apps. No system apps are disabled. Maybe the system update will solve the problem, do you think I have enough storage left to that?
    12-13-2016 08:06 AM
    Thank you! That sounds exactly like the problem I have!
    12-13-2016 08:09 AM
    Thank you! That sounds exactly like the problem I have!
    Let us know if that fix works for you.

Edit. Try something. Go to settings - users - switch to 'guest' - try to open the notification shade - switch back to 'owner' - try the notification shade again. Any changes?
    12-13-2016 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD