10-09-2015 12:03 PM
145 ... 456
tools
    That's retail price. Recently, international unlock version was $420 and it's currently $470 from ebay. Also, it's 32gb.
    Well yeah the G4 has been out for a while and the price has dropped accordingly. Perhaps a bit too fast compared to other flagships. I can buy a Galaxy S5 for less than a new Moto Pure. too
    09-03-2015 03:44 PM
    Comparison photo shots. Daytime great, low light not so.
    The Moto X's Camera Is Truly Stunning, But Still Afraid of the Dark
    09-03-2015 05:18 PM
    Comparison photo shots. Daytime great, low light not so.
    The Moto X's Camera Is Truly Stunning, But Still Afraid of the Dark
    I'll still wait for others here but yeah, that doesn't look promising.
    09-03-2015 07:12 PM
    Those camera scores said it's just as good as my Note 4 is low light so when that poster gets his side by sides, that's when I'll decide what I'm gonna do
    09-03-2015 07:18 PM
    Yeah these low light photos I've been seeing are alarming. I liked the daytime ones a lot, but to utterly fail in low light is unacceptable. I'll have to decide if the low light aspect of the camera is enough to make me pass on Moto once again due to its camera
    09-03-2015 10:32 PM
    I'm going to give it a shot and form my own opinions. One thing that's good about the Moto camera is that they can update it frequently. It could conceivably get better with updates.
    09-03-2015 10:37 PM
    I'm going to give it a shot and form my own opinions. One thing that's good about the Moto camera is that they can update it frequently. It could conceivably get better with updates.
    Updates to each of the previous generations provided major boosts. And considering the limitations of each of those sensors, I'm confident that software tweaks to this sensor will take a camera most reviewers are saying is actually quite good (just not GS6 or i-crap 6 good) to an even higher level of output performance.
    09-03-2015 10:45 PM
    Will just use HDR mode rather than Night Mode.

Looking at them Pictures HDR mode looks soo much better and clearer.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    09-04-2015 02:21 AM
    Will just use HDR mode rather than Night Mode.

Looking at them Pictures HDR mode looks soo much better and clearer.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    Yep, I've noticed that HDR is better in low light than the night mode in virtually all situations. Strange isn't it?

I mean sure, night mode gets the colours more accurate in most of those sample pics I took - but the difference in clarity, amount of light entering the sensor and noise level is quite large and it's a worthy trade off in my opinion.

The same applies to daylight. There's pretty much no reason to not use HDR. It improves shots considerably, daylight or low light. Only exception would be when taking shots of fast moving subjects, HDR isn't good at capturing that kind of thing.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    09-04-2015 02:26 AM
    I read night mode takes the photo at 5mp fwiw. That might explain the noise and lack of detail.
    09-04-2015 06:50 AM
    Yeah those pics w/ HDR look solid. Looking back on my last comment also w/ those two dolls hugging each other; that looks to be in extreme low light situations. I mean, I'm not worried about how well my camera will shoot pics if I'm walking down a moonlit, dreary alley in the middle of the night. I have more things to worry about then. If it can take good (not great) indoor shots under normal lamp lighting and can do well in say a bar atmosphere, I think I'll be happy.

Let's remember also, those pics above are from the Play which isn't the same camera if I recall so we can assume the Pure will be better. Definitely will request people to do that same (HDR on and off vs Night Mode).

Y'all are wonderful. Thanks for helping us out who are curious and less fortunate to not have the phones lol
    sulla1965 likes this.
    09-04-2015 08:54 AM
    Yeah those pics w/ HDR look solid. Looking back on my last comment also w/ those two dolls hugging each other; that looks to be in extreme low light situations. I mean, I'm not worried about how well my camera will shoot pics if I'm walking down a moonlit, dreary alley in the middle of the night. I have more things to worry about then. If it can take good (not great) indoor shots under normal lamp lighting and can do well in say a bar atmosphere, I think I'll be happy.

Let's remember also, those pics above are from the Play which isn't the same camera if I recall so we can assume the Pure will be better. Definitely will request people to do that same (HDR on and off vs Night Mode).

Y'all are wonderful. Thanks for helping us out who are curious and less fortunate to not have the phones lol
    Same here I'm a bit more at ease about the camera. Still waiting for a review of the Pure that compares it to other flagships. As long as it competed favorably, I'll be satisfied.
    09-04-2015 02:16 PM

The only bad night pics are the ones that look like it is in a pretty much no light situation. As long as it can take good quick pics in my house with decent lights on, I'll be happy. Most of my pictures are of my 3 year old, so as long as I can capture moments with her, I don't care. I'm cautiously optimistic.
    jephanie likes this.
    09-04-2015 02:30 PM
    The low light pictures I took were very low light indeed. Pretty much the worst conditions any camera could possibly ever face. And again, they were on the Play, while the Style has a better ISP.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    jephanie likes this.
    09-04-2015 03:17 PM
    I will be doing the same. I will wait anxiously for mine to arrive and hopefully it will be better than the LG G3's camera in low light. The G3 is truly awful In low light. I take a lot of pics for my daughter's dance competitions indoors. I can't actually take a point and shoot inside these darn things, so I need a good camera on my phone.
    09-04-2015 08:25 PM
    Sample pics from one of the first to get their hands on it. And they look VERY good (even better than the examples Moto has on their own site).

https://plus.google.com/+JosueJoseph...ts/ZR9afq9i3gU
    09-09-2015 05:34 PM
    First photos with the Moto X Pure

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Moto X Style: Camera Samples, DxOMark, dpreview-35.jpg  
    jephanie likes this.
    09-10-2015 02:13 PM
    Introduction: Motorola Moto X Style / Pure Edition camera review: Connect

Just published today, an in-depth look at the Pure's camera. I looked around but didn't see any thread addressing this.
    10-01-2015 04:03 PM
    Is it possible to get the guys to redo the camera reviews of the pure as they learned how to use the pures camera.. If you use it incorrectly it will seem not so good. The phones camera software kinda blurs everything except what your targeting for a picture. So when you zoom in on what you told the camera you were interested in the detail is amazing but if you zoom in on the rest of the picture it looks blurred and fuzzy. But that is on purpose..

10-09-2015 09:57 AM
    But that doesn't matter. Phones are 99% used to get the shot immediately on full auto. That's how phones should be judged against each other. I'm not digging though manual controls trying to get a shot of Zedd in the middle of 20000 people jumping drunk and wasted around me.

10-09-2015 12:03 PM
145 ... 456