Moto X Style: Camera Samples, DxOMark, dpreview

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Camera samples / DXO report

Moto has made me think one way over the course of the past couple years so...... I'll believe it when I see it lol

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

Have had it verified there is NOT optical stabilization. Why would they forgo that and say their camera is great?

For me, that almost makes it a deal breaker alone.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, that is really disappointing (no OIS if true). I know they were going for a particular price point, but then don't brag so much about the camera. Unless they have some way for compensating for that.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

The sample shots are improved over the current X, but I'll withhold judgment until I can see some side by side comparisons with other phones.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

Yeah, that is really disappointing (no OIS if true). I know they were going for a particular price point, but then don't brag so much about the camera. Unless they have some way for compensating for that.

I'd say scoring 3rd place only 3 points behind the 1st place S6 is definitely something to brag about

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

This definitely looks promising. And after a thorough reading, it looks like they aren't just blowing smoke out the wazoo. They really did jump up in quality by leaps and bounds.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I'd say scoring 3rd place only 3 points behind the 1st place S6 is definitely something to brag about
It's an arbitrary scale. The difference between 3 points may be bigger than you think, depending on the usage.

The only thing we can say for certain is that it's camera is definitely improved over previous versions, and at least closer to the leaders than before.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This sounds promising but ... I want to see reviewers with it.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

To be fair....Moto said it was "best in class" and at this price point it basically needs to beat the Zenphone to technically be correct about their statement. So I'm with others that say it's best to wait and see what reviewers say about it. I'm disappointed there is no OIS though.

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

No CameraApi2 support :-( Fail.

Sorry, but can't be best in class, or even close, without it nowadays.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Disappointed that we don't get OIS, I mean you add a 20MP camera with no OIS why? You had the room you should have put it in there. What was the cost difference, $10-15 at most? Still this looks to be one of my next phones. I will be getting two so I can swap as needed.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

The "3rd place after the note 4" quote was their words, not mine. All I did was quote them.

When there is a tie for 2nd place, then those two are considered "top 3" regardless of whatever the topic/category may be. So they are accurate to say they are in the top three of smartphone camera devices based on that rank from that site. That also explains why they didn't say "we're the 3rd best" or "we're the 2nd best" because, from a marketing standpoint, the way they described their position is accurate and sounds more easily marketable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Free Tool Setups