Moto X Style: Specs

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Moto X Style specs | Android Central

Pure Edition will be available via Amazon, Best Buy, and Motorola.com (one version works across all US carriers)
Available "this fall"

Base Price - $399

Display -
5.7-inch TFT LCD, 2560x1440 resolution (520 ppi)
Corning Gorilla Glass 3

OS -
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop

Processor -
Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 hexa-core @ 1.8GHz
Adreno 418 GPU
Natural Language Processor, Contextual Computing Processor

Storage -
16, 32 or 64GB, SD card up to 128GB

RAM -
3GB

Rear camera -
21MP f/2.0, phase detect auto-focus, dual color correlated temperature flash
4K video at 30fps, slow motion video, HDR video

Front camera -
5MP f/2.0, wide-angle lens, night mode, flash

Battery -
3000 mAh non-removable, Turbo Charging, Micro USB port

Cellular (US) -
GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz
HSPA+ 800, 850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100MHz
LTE Band 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/20/25/28/40/41
Nano SIM

Connectivity -
802.11ac + MIMO Wifi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, NFC, GPS

Speakers -
Front-facing stereo speakers with Smartboost

Dimensions -
153.9 x 76.2 x 11.06 mm
179g

Water resistant -
Water repellent nano-coating

Colors -
Black lens, dark gray frame and accents, black back
White lens, silver frame and accents, bamboo back
Moto Maker support with 17 different backs and 7 different accents available

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X Style - specs

At 179g the X Style is heavier than the X Play, and a few grams heavier than the ballistic nylon Droid Turbo and its 3950mah battery!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Has anyone heard if they'll somehow add Moto maker to buying from BB? I know with first gen they let you buy a card and design and then just use the code on the card. Hoping for something similar this year so I can use a gift card.

AlexMadarasz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

Is it worth upgrading it from nexus 6?

Depends (on why you bought the Nexus 6).

IMHO, yes it is, but I went from a Moto X 2014 on T-Mobile to the Nexus 6 I bought last month only so I could be an "early adopter" on Google Project Fi - and I missed the usability of the Moto X IMMEDIATELY after I started using the Nexus 6. The Nexus 6 Ambient Display is (AFAIC) a mis-feature compared to the Moto X's Active Display, and I sure do miss the feel of the Moto X in my hand and the customization options when I ordered the Nexus 6 from Motorola.

--
Alex

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

So far I have not seen anything that says the camera has OIS. Motorola's site only says Video Stabilization. I find it odd that it would not have it. I really want to replace my 2013 Moto X with this one but there are a few things that are at least going to make me wait to see what the Note 5 has to offer. I will still probably go with the Style but it would have been nice to have a better processor and OIS in my opinion. Also trying to find the specs of the 3 GB DDR RAM.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

So far I have not seen anything that says the camera has OIS. Motorola's site only says Video Stabilization. I find it odd that it would not have it. I really want to replace my 2013 Moto X with this one but there are a few things that are at least going to make me wait to see what the Note 5 has to offer. I will still probably go with the Style but it would have been nice to have a better processor and OIS in my opinion. Also trying to find the specs of the 3 GB DDR RAM.

Note 5 will be top of the line camera, great battery, and S pen features....It'll also feature a $699 ish price tag.

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I had a Note 2 and really liked it, even Touchwiz didn't bother me as bad as it did a lot of people, However, when I got my 2013 Moto X i quit using my Note 2 after a few days and never looked back. I thought about switching back and forth between the two, but that never happened. As the Note 3 and 4 Came out, I thought about getting each and trying the swap between phone thing again but as they both rolled out, I just never felt the need.

I did get a G Flex two a couple of months ago to play around with and have been using it daily but I miss the specific Moto X features that no other phone has so I am pretty sure that I will get the Moto Style when it comes out but I am interested to see what the Note 5 has to offer.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Fwiw, the latest note 5 rumor is a 3220 battery, not 4000, which makes sense given its apparent thinness. So the Style/Pure would not be that different.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Fwiw, the latest note 5 rumor is a 3220 battery, not 4000, which makes sense given its apparent thinness. So the Style/Pure would not be that different.

last I read was 4100 mAh

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/ph...ung-galaxy-note-5-what-we-want-to-see-1292444

and the edge+ was 3000 mAh

https://www.androidpit.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-plus-price-release-date-specs-features

who knows though, I read for 3 months the moto x was gonna be 3280, until 24 hours before the announcement, where it jumped to 3620

Posted via the Android Central App

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry I can't find the article that came out today. Of course, it was just a rumor also. But the S5 to the S6 went to a sealed battery down from 2800 to 2550 fwiw.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

last I read was 4100 mAh

Samsung Galaxy Note 5: release date, news and rumors | TechRadar

and the edge+ was 3000 mAh

https://www.androidpit.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-plus-price-release-date-specs-features

who knows though, I read for 3 months the moto x was gonna be 3280, until 24 hours before the announcement, where it jumped to 3620

And then after the announcement dropped down to 3000 mah. :mad:

Either way I'm at the point where I avoid most rumors atm....esp since Note will be announced before we can even buy this. So no big deal.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Didn't we learn the processor doesn't mean much when it's optimized? The 2013 X ran damn smooth when it came out with a s4 pro

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

Man, I'm really thinking about going with the Moto X Style over the Note 5. I have a Note 4 and love it, but I've never experienced near stock Android. Not to mention the fact that the price point will be so much higher on the Note 5 and the software updates on the Moto X Style will come much quicker. I'm just not sure what to do. Guess I'll just wait (like most) to see what the new Note has to offer before making my decision .

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'm excited. This is going to be a great option for those with a grandfather unlimited data plan on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm excited. This is going to be a great option for those with a grandfather unlimited data plan on Verizon.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Very true!

I wish I could have snagged a Verizon unlimited line before they went away so I have to use T-Mobile. Either way I'm going to snag a 32 GB one I think.. First time trying stock Android :D.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Man, I'm really thinking about going with the Moto X Style over the Note 5. I have a Note 4 and love it, but I've never experienced near stock Android. Not to mention the fact that the price point will be so much higher on the Note 5 and the software updates on the Moto X Style will come much quicker. I'm just not sure what to do. Guess I'll just wait (like most) to see what the new Note has to offer before making my decision .

Near stock android is awesome no doubt, but i cant say anything bad about the notes, my note 4 was much improved over say the 2 i had, but was just a small jump over the note 3. It really depends on what you want. If your anything like me you change your mind back and forth. I love my turbo, but i also loved the things i could do with notes without having to download outside apps.

There is a lot to be said for both, and both would last me a long day at work. (Although i cant figure out why the battery usage was about the same on the note 4 as it was the droid turbo since the turbo had a smaller screen and bigger battery).

Im really curious to get hands on with the motox style, just to see how it feels. Because if i dont like the note5 or new droid that really only leaves my option as a style.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Very true!

I wish I could have snagged a Verizon unlimited line before they went away so I have to use T-Mobile. Either way I'm going to snag a 32 GB one I think.. First time trying stock Android :D.

I'm excited for you! I have an S4 on Nova and a Nexus 4, and I'll most likely be replacing them with the Style and Nexus 2015, possibly a OP2. But for most Android enthusiasts, nothing beats stock. Of your a minimalist that like a simple, clean design, you'll love it ... I know I sure do!

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

Like has been mentioned many times before, I'm not even sure why anyone offers a 16GB version of any phone.

Last edited:

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site

Near stock android is awesome no doubt, but i cant say anything bad about the notes, my note 4 was much improved over say the 2 i had, but was just a small jump over the note 3. It really depends on what you want. If your anything like me you change your mind back and forth. I love my turbo, but i also loved the things i could do with notes without having to download outside apps.

There is a lot to be said for both, and both would last me a long day at work. (Although i cant figure out why the battery usage was about the same on the note 4 as it was the droid turbo since the turbo had a smaller screen and bigger battery).

Im really curious to get hands on with the motox style, just to see how it feels. Because if i dont like the note5 or new droid that really only leaves my option as a style.

The new Note looks pretty nice in all of the renders I've seen. That new Action Memo feature seems killer too, especially if you can add certain apps to it. However, I really want to experience a phone that is not pre-loaded with a bunch of features that I'd never use and one that's not skinned. Not that I dislike TouchWiz so much, but..... I'm still debating. The more I look at the new Moto X the better I like it. Another factor may be the screen. I'm wondering how much of a difference I'll see moving from that highly saturated Note 4 screen (which I love) to the slightly less pronounced Moto screen.