12-01-2015 12:57 PM
107 1234 ...
tools
    This is a major concern for me. It is "expected" to come in a SW update doesn't really mean that it will ever happen. I'm considering cancelling my order at this point. A real let down.
    09-04-2015 06:00 PM
    Especially since the Nexus 6 DOES have that capability! Thanks for going backwards, Moto.
    09-04-2015 06:14 PM
    If it actually gets the update for band 12, will that enable wifi calling, or is that something different?
    09-04-2015 07:51 PM
    No, wifi calling is a different beast

G4'ed it!
    09-04-2015 08:28 PM
    Hm .. that is a good question.
    This is a major concern for me. It is "expected" to come in a SW update doesn't really mean that it will ever happen. I'm considering cancelling my order at this point. A real let down.
    You shouldn't have to, but is it feasible for some XDA tech type to manually turn on Band 12, since it already has the appropriate hardware?
    09-04-2015 09:23 PM
    We already know it HAS the hardware. Same issue as Moto G - isn't set up to work with VoLTE. So TMO asked Moto to turn B12 off. T-Mobile has areas that have only B12 coverage and have no voice coverage in those areas without VoLTE. It is a liability issue if the phone show 5 bars LTE signal but you can't make any calls, including 911.
    co.ag.2005 and morphodone like this.
    09-04-2015 09:32 PM
    T-Mobile WiFi calling is another issue. Moto X PE will NOT get it unless: a) TMO offers it in-house, or b) Android M version works on TMO.
    09-04-2015 09:38 PM
    Won't matter for me much.. WiFi calling isn't needed since the only place I would need it is at home but I have a cell booster..

And as for band 12 the only closest place to me that has it (that I go to) is Orlando. Luckily I'll be okay.
    09-04-2015 11:29 PM
    Both band 12 and Wi-Fi calling not important to me so I'm good. Band 12 will get enabled in future update for those that matters and there won't be any Wi-Fi calling since this is not an useless crappy carrier branded version. Rather not have carrier customized firmware, but I understand it's important for people who don't have good coverage.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-04-2015 11:38 PM
    If you have a phone with Band 12 on T-Mobile without T-Mobile's VoLTE, you could run into an issue where the phone will show full service but you couldn't call 911 because you could be in a place where you have 700 LTE coverage but out of range of GSM/HSPA.

T-Mobile is requiring all phones on their network that support Band 12 to be VoLTE certified regardless if they are unlocked, non-carrier models.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    09-04-2015 11:38 PM
    T-Mobile is requiring all phones on their network that support Band 12 to be VoLTE certified regardless if they are unlocked, non-carrier models.

This makes sense and I appreciate the explanation. I'm not currently with them, but was curious if they have to certify the Moto Pure directly for VoLTE or is it something Moto needs to do on their end with software or approval from the FCC?

Basically, whose court is the ball in to get this resolved ASAP?
    09-05-2015 12:41 AM
    This makes sense and I appreciate the explanation. I'm not currently with them, but was curious if they have to certify the Moto Pure directly for VoLTE or is it something Moto needs to do on their end with software or approval from the FCC?

Basically, whose court is the ball in to get this resolved ASAP?
    Motorola would have to go through T-Mobile's VoLTE certification process.

09-05-2015 12:47 AM
    Finally got some answers:

Matt (Forums Manager) said:
    B12 support for T-Mobile has not yet been enabled. We expect to support B12 and Volte in an upcoming SW update.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/cab8687a11?page=2
    This is definitely good news! I have a feeling we won't have to wait long.
    09-05-2015 01:19 AM
    Motorola would have to go through T-Mobile's VoLTE certification process.

Let me start by saying that I like Tmobile. I had great customer service and the only reason I left was that I felt the coverage I was getting didn't justify what I was paying....

I also realize this phone has yet to be released and Tmobile could get everything squared away on Day 1, so this whole thing could be a non-issue. Consequently, I don't want to rag on them. However, and I admit I may be ignorant and not fully comprehend the situation, this feels similar to the stuff Verizon pulled with the Nexus 6 and Nexus 7.

It had the right hardware, but Verizon insisted that it had to go through their certification process before it could be officially activated. Verizon dragged their feet for months and was rightly criticized for it. (This video is pretty funny IMO)

Now, I understand Tmobile would open themselves up to heavy fines from the FCC if they allowed a phone on their network to connect to a tower, yet be unable to make phone calls. Theoretically, someone could be in need of 911 and be in serious jeopardy if band 12 was enabled and Tmobile hadn't certified it for VoLTE.

I'm just concerned because I am excited about this phone and would like to recommend it to friends, but I can't until this gets resolved for everyone I may know that has Tmobile. Their coverage could be adversely affected by not having band 12 access.

I don't want to judge TMO until the device is officially released, but this seems like it should be a foregone conclusion that this device will get certified and certified quickly. However, just the fact that some people are already expressing doubts and canceling preorders has me concerned.

I want them to avoid the same criticism that Verizon got when they dragged their feet with previous devices.

Maybe I am completely off base, but for those that have Tmobile now, if they fail to enable VoLTE and band 12 support quickly, do you feel the comparisons with Verizon and the Nexus 6 and 7 fiasco are appropriate and justified?
    bhatech likes this.
    09-05-2015 01:26 AM
    Let me start by saying that I like Tmobile. I had great customer service and the only reason I left was that I felt the coverage I was getting didn't justify what I was paying....

I also realize this phone has yet to be released and Tmobile could get everything squared away on Day 1, so this whole thing could be a non-issue. Consequently, I don't want to rag on them. However, and I admit I may be ignorant and not fully comprehend the situation, this feels similar to the stuff Verizon pulled with the Nexus 6 and Nexus 7.

It had the right hardware, but Verizon insisted that it had to go through their certification process before it could be officially activated. Verizon dragged their feet for months and was rightly criticized for it. (This video is pretty funny IMO)

Now, I understand Tmobile would open themselves up to heavy fines from the FCC if they allowed a phone on their network to connect to a tower, yet be unable to make phone calls. Theoretically, someone could be in need of 911 and be in serious jeopardy if band 12 was enabled and Tmobile hadn't certified it for VoLTE.

I'm just concerned because I am excited about this phone and would like to recommend it to friends, but I can't until this gets resolved for everyone I may know that has Tmobile. Their coverage could be adversely affected by not have band 12 access.

I don't want to judge TMO until the device is officially released, but this seems like it should be a foregone conclusion that this device will get certified and certified quickly. However, just the fact that some people are already expressing doubts and canceling preorders has me concerned.

I want them to avoid the same criticism that Verizon got when they dragged their feet with previous devices.

Maybe I am completely off base, but for those that have Tmobile now, if they fail to enable VoLTE and band 12 support quickly, do you feel the comparisons with Verizon and the Nexus 6 and 7 fiasco are appropriate and justified?
    Worst case for you would be that the Moto X Pure Edition loses Band 12 support. You would lose out on better indoor coverage.

Motorola has already updated the Moto E to remove Band 12 support.

It's a little bit different than the Nexus 6 and Nexus 7 on Verizon - I'd hardly call that a "fiasco".

There is a legitimate safety concern in this Band 12/T-Mobile VoLTE situation with E911.

Best case would be that the Moto X Pure Edition is currently going through or has already passed T-Mobile's VoLTE certification.

09-05-2015 02:21 AM
    But all those (and B12) have worked on T-Mobile's Nexus 6 since Lollipop 5.1. I can't do without B12/VoLTE anymore at work - data is slow but I can get calls at my desk now - the building is a cellular dead zone, except for AT&T, who has repeaters that degrade TMO's signal. WiFi calling is also a no-go since the network is blocked. If the Moto X has B12/VoLTE added soon, this may be my new phone.

BTW, what does the Moto X use for an email client? Something better that Gmail I hope, that REALLY supports Exchange Server.

Sad that my 7yr old HTC myTouch 4G has a better email client than stock Android.
    09-05-2015 09:50 PM
    Come to think of it, I would have that very problem on the Moto X PE if it had B12 and no VoLTE at work. Since I get no other signal in the building, I would have LTE data but no voice calls with 3-5 bars of signal.
    09-05-2015 09:57 PM
    Maybe Marshmallow IS the later software update Matt was referring to . . .
    09-05-2015 10:05 PM
    BTW, what does the Moto X use for an email client? Something better that Gmail I hope, that REALLY supports Exchange Server.

Sad that my 7yr old HTC myTouch 4G has a better email client than stock Android.
    If I recall correctly, the Moto X uses the same email client as stock Android. I know that stock android has it's drawbacks, but I've always had good luck filling in gaps with 3rd Party Apps and still prefer it this way vs having an OEM give me a lot of apps I would never use.

I would highly recommend Nine as an Exchange client. Try it for 14 days and then you can decide if it is worth $9.99 to buy. However, I think you'll be pleased.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ders.hd3&hl=en
    09-06-2015 12:07 AM
    Considering I have project fi and all those features on my nexus 6, I don't see why it would be so hard.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    09-09-2015 08:12 AM
    Considering I have project fi and all those features on my nexus 6, I don't see why it would be so hard.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    The Nexus 6 is working with Google to add the software with Proejct Fi --- Moto is not working with any carriers right now so there is no carrier software on the phone.
    Ry likes this.
    09-09-2015 12:28 PM
    Is there volte on tmo?? If not how are the speeds on it.?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-13-2015 11:38 PM
    I don't see an option for it. It just drops to HSPA speeds so basically whatever HSPA speeds you get in the area is what you get while on the phone.
    09-13-2015 11:39 PM
    I don't see an option for it. It just drops to HSPA speeds so basically whatever HSPA speeds you get in the area is what you get while on the phone.
    Can you tell if Band 12 LTE is available?
    09-13-2015 11:58 PM
    Can you tell if Band 12 LTE is available?
    I will have to see if I can check that somehow. I don't have band 12 in my area .. It is in Orlando though. I only go there for vacation times ^_^.
    09-14-2015 12:30 AM
107 1234 ...