Will the Moto X Pure Edition support T-Mobile VoLTE, VoWiFi and Band 12 LTE?

fourfone

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will Moto X Style support T-Mobile VoLTE and VoWiFi?

But all those (and B12) have worked on T-Mobile's Nexus 6 since Lollipop 5.1. I can't do without B12/VoLTE anymore at work - data is slow but I can get calls at my desk now - the building is a cellular dead zone, except for AT&T, who has repeaters that degrade TMO's signal. WiFi calling is also a no-go since the network is blocked. If the Moto X has B12/VoLTE added soon, this may be my new phone.

BTW, what does the Moto X use for an email client? Something better that Gmail I hope, that REALLY supports Exchange Server.

Sad that my 7yr old HTC myTouch 4G has a better email client than stock Android. :(

fourfone

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

Come to think of it, I would have that very problem on the Moto X PE if it had B12 and no VoLTE at work. Since I get no other signal in the building, I would have LTE data but no voice calls with 3-5 bars of signal. :(

fourfone

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

Maybe Marshmallow IS the later software update Matt was referring to . . .

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

BTW, what does the Moto X use for an email client? Something better that Gmail I hope, that REALLY supports Exchange Server.

Sad that my 7yr old HTC myTouch 4G has a better email client than stock Android. :(

If I recall correctly, the Moto X uses the same email client as stock Android. I know that stock android has it's drawbacks, but I've always had good luck filling in gaps with 3rd Party Apps and still prefer it this way vs having an OEM give me a lot of apps I would never use.

I would highly recommend Nine as an Exchange client. Try it for 14 days and then you can decide if it is worth $9.99 to buy. However, I think you'll be pleased.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.ninefolders.hd3&hl=en&token=PJBUbK1x

John Kirkpatrick1

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site

Considering I have project fi and all those features on my nexus 6, I don't see why it would be so hard.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Considering I have project fi and all those features on my nexus 6, I don't see why it would be so hard.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The Nexus 6 is working with Google to add the software with Proejct Fi --- Moto is not working with any carriers right now so there is no carrier software on the phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Volte on tmo??

I don't see an option for it. It just drops to HSPA speeds so basically whatever HSPA speeds you get in the area is what you get while on the phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I don't see an option for it. It just drops to HSPA speeds so basically whatever HSPA speeds you get in the area is what you get while on the phone.

Can you tell if Band 12 LTE is available?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Can you tell if Band 12 LTE is available?

I will have to see if I can check that somehow. I don't have band 12 in my area .. It is in Orlando though. I only go there for vacation times ^_^.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site

I just read that Moto turned off band 12. Moto support says that they plan on adding it back with volte update.

Posted via the Android Central App

ChadKnight

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

If apple can allow tmobile to push a tiny software update to their phones to fully enable wifi calling, moto should not have a problem doing so. It is a Moto issue and they can have it fixed

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

If apple can allow tmobile to push a tiny software update to their phones to fully enable wifi calling, moto should not have a problem doing so. It is a Moto issue and they can have it fixed

Apple didn't allow T-Mobile to do this. Apple would never allow anyone to push any software updates to their phones unless it was an app. Apple worked with T-Mobile to program it into the phone OS.

Moto isn't allowing carriers to modify anything on the phone so therefore it won't have it (and doesn't).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084