01-17-2016 12:29 PM
385 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    If you're just changing devices and not signing up for new service just take your current sim card out and put it into your new phone. That's it.
    09-07-2015 07:35 PM
    Thanks for the responses. On the Motorola Owners boards, the site manager Matt has already said the Pure will work on Verizon, so I'm not too worried about that. I was just wondering what the activation process would be. Glad to hear it sounds simple. But don't I have to register the phone's IMIE # with Verizon, or is that done automatically by just putting in the sim from the 2013 X?
    09-07-2015 07:38 PM
    Thanks for the responses. On the Motorola Owners boards, the site manager Matt has already said the Pure will work on Verizon, so I'm not too worried about that. I was just wondering what the activation process would be. Glad to hear it sounds simple. But don't I have to register the phone's IMIE # with Verizon, or is that done automatically by just putting in the sim from the 2013 X?
    It's already done once the sim is inserted. The new device will be recognized by Verizon and the phone's IMEI will be attached to your account.

Posted via the AC app
    manhattan123 likes this.
    09-07-2015 07:58 PM
    Got it. Thanks eao for putting my mind at ease. I was lucky enough to get in on that wonderful glitch they had on the VZ website one weekend a couple of years ago when you could buy a new phone from them at a subsidized price and they accidentally let you keep your old data plan, including unlimited data, even though at that point they had stopped giving unlimited if you bought a phone at a subsidized price. (I think I may have even read about the glitch here on AC). Needless to say VZ quickly shut it down when it came to their attention, but they at least honored any purchases made while it was still active. Although once this nano sim I have goes, or a new phone doesn't use that size, I guess I will be out of luck.
    09-07-2015 08:12 PM
    After switching the nano sim there is a part on the My Verizon site where you enter your new imei for the new device.
    09-07-2015 08:41 PM
    After switching the nano sim there is a part on the My Verizon site where you enter your new imei for the new device.
    Only if you're using a new sim.
    09-07-2015 08:52 PM
    The only odd thing during the call, she asked what color of phone I was getting. Asked her what that had to do with getting a nano sim. She didn't say much but continued on with the order process.
    She may have just wanted to make a little small talk to lighten the mood and avoid dead air.
    RikkiRay likes this.
    09-07-2015 10:38 PM
    Sim arrived today. Now if I just had my MXPE to put it in.

Also received 2 PR emails today from Motorola, telling me "OMG! The new Moto X is amazing!" & "The new Moto X has arrived. Design yours now."

Glad I didn't wait to hear from Moto.

Still waiting...
    travaz likes this.
    09-08-2015 05:29 PM
    I am getting ready to switch to Verizon from Sprint. It seems that there is not a problem activating this phone if you have an existing sim card. However, is there any confirmation yet if Verizon will activate a new sim card on a new account with this phone? I'd rather not go through the hassle of ordering the MXPE if Verizon won't activate it on a new account. I went into a Verizon store about 2 weeks ago to ask and they gave me the runaround saying they couldn't guarantee anything, "we'd rather you buy your device from us".
    09-09-2015 08:38 AM
    Sucks that the Note 4 sim is not a direct switch for the Moto X, since planned on phone hopping when comparing the devices. Since two different sims, this would mean the laborious process of activating the phone and sims when alternating. It would be cool if there was a nano adapter I could use and keep that as the Note 4 sim as well and phone hop at will

I am always weary of the sim hopping with legacy unlimited data involved and the process is tedious. One of the few good things IMO about ATT and TMO is the ability to phone hop. Been on too many business trips though where I have coverage and the folks with me did not and were on those carriers.
    09-09-2015 08:51 AM
    Sucks that the Note 4 sim is not a direct switch for the Moto X, since planned on phone hopping when comparing the devices. Since two different sims, this would mean the laborious process of activating the phone and sims when alternating. It would be cool if there was a nano adapter I could use and keep that as the Note 4 sim as well and phone hop at will
    You can cut down your Note 4 sim to nano size with this. It includes an adapter so you can use it in your note 4 again as needed. I used a cut down sim in my note 4 for a while with no issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Cutter-St...cUvbUpU4672246
    rushmore likes this.
    09-09-2015 09:03 AM
    Both the 2013 and 2014 X's that I've ordered through Moto for Verizon came with sim cards. The first X was purchased at full retail and last year's X was purchased at a subsidized rate, but both were purchased through MotoMaker. So, why would the 2015 version not ship with a sim as well?
    09-09-2015 09:28 AM
    Both the 2013 and 2014 X's that I've ordered through Moto for Verizon came with sim cards. The first X was purchased at full retail and last year's X was purchased at a subsidized rate, but both were purchased through MotoMaker. So, why would the 2015 version not ship with a sim as well?
    Those previous models were specifically branded and tuned to work on that specific carrier. The new 2015 motos are not branded by any carrier and any phone can work on any carrier.

Posted via the Android Central App
    wkm001 and alphabets like this.
    09-09-2015 09:32 AM
    Those previous models were specifically branded and tuned to work on that specific carrier. The new 2015 motos are not branded by any carrier and any phone can work on any carrier.

That is what I figured you were going to say. I remember now reading about how there will only be one version that is compatible with all. Thanks. When I order my new X I will just swing by a Verizon store and grab a sim to put in it when it arrives.
    09-09-2015 09:41 AM
    You can cut down your Note 4 sim to nano size with this. It includes an adapter so you can use it in your note 4 again as needed. I used a cut down sim in my note 4 for a while with no issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Cutter-St...cUvbUpU4672357
    Ordered one
    09-09-2015 10:02 AM
    Verizon Messages App is available in the play store for anyone to download I believe
    At 47 megabytes not just anyone can download it, LOL.
    09-09-2015 02:20 PM
    Per DROID Life, activation on Verizon's network is no issues. Just like any other phone.

Updated with link:

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/09/09...-pure-edition/

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    Ry, linuxmel and co.ag.2005 like this.
    09-09-2015 05:39 PM
    At 47 megabytes not just anyone can download it, LOL.
    I would say most people have a data plan that could handle 47 MB. That isn't that bad .
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2015 05:49 PM
    Looks like we will have volte on the new X. I asked him in the comments section.

09-09-2015 06:59 PM
    FWIW someone on XDA posted their experience trying to activate a MXPE on Verizon with a new sim. Didn't go too well...

Moto X 2015 Pure Edition Waiting Room - Post #490 - XDA Forums
    I tried to do things the right way by ordering a nano SIM from Verizon. Today I tried to activate my MXP online. When I entered the IMEI, it told me that it was not valid. So, I called Verizon CS, and explained what I was doing. I was told that they would need to submit a form to add my IMEI, and it would take 2-3 days. I have a Verizon store in the next town over, so I figured I would drive over there after work, and get it activated. After I explained what I was trying to do to their greeter, the smug little **** looked at me, and said "Until Verizon approves that phone for our network, we will not be able to activate it". At that point I thought to myself, why did I even bother? I drove back home, trimmed the micro SIM from my G4 into a nano SIM, popped it into my MXP, and now it works just fine.
    Ry, travaz and co.ag.2005 like this.
    09-09-2015 07:28 PM
    I can't fathom why someone would take a phone to a Verizon store to activate it. You put in a SIM, turn it on and use it. That's the whole process.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.
    09-10-2015 08:06 AM
    I can't fathom why someone would take a phone to a Verizon store to activate it. You put in a SIM, turn it on and use it. That's the whole process.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.
    Did you read the story above? If you get a new sim from verizon they make you wait several days to get the IMEI in the system.
    09-10-2015 08:13 AM
    Did you read the story above? If you get a new sim from verizon they make you wait several days to get the IMEI in the system.
    Yes, I just would have gone to using the old SIM off the bat. However, I'm kinda stuck doing that anyways because of unlimited. All my devices now run nano sims though, so it is a little easier to scale those up with an adaptor if needed.
    09-10-2015 09:29 AM
    Yes, I just would have gone to using the old SIM off the bat. However, I'm kinda stuck doing that anyways because of unlimited. All my devices now run nano sims though, so it is a little easier to scale those up with an adaptor if needed.
    I have an active sim as well so it doesn't impact me. But anyone hoping to walk into a store or activate their new service with a SIM mailed from verizon may have issues.
    Aquila likes this.
    09-10-2015 09:39 AM
    Will the sim from a 2014 Moto X fit in the new X? If not, then I guess I have to either go into a store and get a new sim that fits, or modify the one I have now to fit.
    09-10-2015 09:44 AM
385 ... 89101112 ...