01-17-2016 12:29 PM
385 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I'm glad to hear this worked for you. That's kind of my plan tomorrow when I should be receiving a new nano-SIM from Verizon. Hope to get that activated by putting it in my Galaxy via sim adapter and by calling Verizon, then swapping it into the Moto X.
    The only thing that I would caution you on is that the rep mentioned that he wasn't sure if you would be able to put a nano sim (even using an adapter) in a phone that uses a micro sim. He wasn't sure if a nano sim could be activated in a non-nano sim device, meaning Verizon has a way telling the phone doesn't use a nano so I would not process that sim for that IMEI. However, that probably isn't an issue since I put a cut micro sim in to a non-micro sim phone and it worked just fine.
    09-16-2015 08:26 AM
    The only thing that I would caution you on is that the rep mentioned that he wasn't sure if you would be able to put a nano sim (even using an adapter) in a phone that uses a micro sim. He wasn't sure if a nano sim could be activated in a non-nano sim device, meaning Verizon has a way telling the phone doesn't use a nano so I would not process that sim for that IMEI. However, that probably isn't an issue since I put a cut micro sim in to a non-micro sim phone and it worked just fine.
    I read online in one of the Android forums that someone took the nano sim (without adapter), put it in to a micro sim phone but they made sure that it was aligned and dialed *611 and got it activated. Once it was activated, they put the nano sim into the MXPE and it worked fine.

I did a online chat with a VZ rep and he shipped two nano sims via 2 day shipping to me. One for me and one for my wife. I asked about activating and he said that I would need to wait for the phone so I can provide the IMEI. He seemed knowledgeable and said that it may not activate because it's not in VZ's system. I explained that people had success but said he was just giving me a heads up.

He was also nice and even told me I have the best plan out there (old nationwide plan with two UDP). I asked him to answer honestly which is the best plan to go with based on price...the new shirt sizes or what I have and based on my data usage, mine is. Surprised he didn't try and sell me on the shirts.
    09-16-2015 10:03 AM
    I read online in one of the Android forums that someone took the nano sim (without adapter), put it in to a micro sim phone but they made sure that it was aligned and dialed *611 and got it activated. Once it was activated, they put the nano sim into the MXPE and it worked fine.

I did a online chat with a VZ rep and he shipped two nano sims via 2 day shipping to me. One for me and one for my wife. I asked about activating and he said that I would need to wait for the phone so I can provide the IMEI. He seemed knowledgeable and said that it may not activate because it's not in VZ's system. I explained that people had success but said he was just giving me a heads up.

He was also nice and even told me I have the best plan out there (old nationwide plan with two UDP). I asked him to answer honestly which is the best plan to go with based on price...the new shirt sizes or what I have and based on my data usage, mine is. Surprised he didn't try and sell me on the shirts.
    FYI, they're shipped with signature required upon delivery. Was supposed to get mine today, but it looks like tomorrow since I won't be home to sign.
    09-16-2015 10:25 AM
    Just an FYI, I was going from a micro sim phone to nano sim for the MXPE. Verizon shipped free of charge a nano sim to me. When I went to do the switch online, that part of the system was down.

So, I cut the micro sim down to nano size, using a sim cutter from Amazon, put the cut sim in my MXPE, turned it on ... worked!

If you cut a sim down to nano size, make sure the edges are smooth (after cutting) AND make sure you have the sim seated completely flat in the sim card tray before inserting into your phone. If all the edges are not seated completely flat in your sim card tray, you may damage your phone or the sim card if you try to force it into the phone, whether you cut a sim or have a new nano sim.

The only thing Verizon cares about is that you have a 4G LTE sim. After cutting my micro sim, I put it in a nano-to-micro sim adapter & put it back into my old phone to see if it would work okay - no problem.
    09-16-2015 12:27 PM
    FYI.. I ordered a nanosim from VZW yesterday and received today. I also received my new Moto X Pure today as well.
    Well after several tries the sim would not activate, so I called VZW customer service. Long story short, the first CSR couldn't activate it either saying the MEID / IMEI was not recognized on VZW system and therefore she could not activate, so I asked for 2nd level tech. support. The second person (a tech. support) also was saying not in system, however he knew a way around, what he said he did was copied the information from old microsim to new and activated the phone. VZW shows it as a unrecognized device but it still works, made and received calls also used browser to access a website.
    Just thought I'd post my experience YMMV.
    But it's not a straight install a new nanosim and phone works, and it will all depend on the CSR you get on the phone. They may or may not activate the phone.
    09-16-2015 03:51 PM
    Here is my story. I have a nano in my Droid Turbo but wanted a new sim for the Pure. So I went to a corporate store to get one. ( I also wanted to mess with Verizon a bit) I got a rep and told him I needed a new Nano sim for my phone. I was being vague about what phone. After a bit of "Why do you need a new sim" I showed him the Pure. He said that there was no way that "thing" would work on VZW and no he wouldn't give me a sim for a non authorized phone. I mentioned the press release by VZW about having it fixed on Friday. He would not give me a sim. Besides " It wont even work on VZW if I gave you a sim"
    I pulled out my Droid Turbo and took the sim out and put it in the Pure and fired it up. of course it worked perfectly. He said " I still am not going to give you a sim for that phone!" I just looked up at him and said " I don't need one for the Pure, I need one for the Droid Turbo because it doesn't have one" His co worker was just cracking up and walked over and gave me a sim. Mr Tight A$$ was not happy. I just walked out. LOL Good fun had by all. I think he wanted to sell me a Iphoney
    Clocks, Ry, RikkiRay and 3 others like this.
    09-16-2015 04:16 PM
    Hahaha! Great story! I think Verizon has had such a strangle hold on it employees & customers for so long, this is going to take a little getting-used-to by their folks in the stores. Verizon has known about this phone for a long time; would have been nice if they would have passed the info. down the chain to make things as easy as possible for all concerned.
    09-16-2015 04:45 PM
    FYI, they're shipped with signature required upon delivery. Was supposed to get mine today, but it looks like tomorrow since I won't be home to sign.
    Damn it. I think I have to go into FedEx Delivery Manager and have them release the package or hold it for me.
    09-16-2015 05:06 PM
    Here is my story. I have a nano in my Droid Turbo but wanted a new sim for the Pure. So I went to a corporate store to get one. ( I also wanted to mess with Verizon a bit) I got a rep and told him I needed a new Nano sim for my phone. I was being vague about what phone. After a bit of "Why do you need a new sim" I showed him the Pure. He said that there was no way that "thing" would work on VZW and no he wouldn't give me a sim for a non authorized phone. I mentioned the press release by VZW about having it fixed on Friday. He would not give me a sim. Besides " It wont even work on VZW if I gave you a sim"
    I pulled out my Droid Turbo and took the sim out and put it in the Pure and fired it up. of course it worked perfectly. He said " I still am not going to give you a sim for that phone!" I just looked up at him and said " I don't need one for the Pure, I need one for the Droid Turbo because it doesn't have one" His co worker was just cracking up and walked over and gave me a sim. Mr Tight A$$ was not happy. I just walked out. LOL Good fun had by all. I think he wanted to sell me a Iphoney
    Quick question .., if you have 2 sim cards doesnt that mean you have to pay for 2 phone lines ? can you have 2 sim cards on one line ?
    09-16-2015 05:10 PM
    Thanks! I got my phone yesterday and ended up doing just that. Then, I heard about Tap and Go for Android. But both phones need to have SIMs in them for that to work.
    09-16-2015 07:00 PM
    No you can only have one sim active on one number but you could switch online between phones

Posted via the Android Central App
    diesel97 likes this.
    09-16-2015 07:10 PM
    FYI.. I ordered a nanosim from VZW yesterday and received today.
    Can you elaborate on how you ordered one? Online? CSR (online chat or phone)? Etc?
    09-16-2015 09:04 PM
    Can you elaborate on how you ordered one? Online? CSR (online chat or phone)? Etc?
    I requested mine through online chat. Told the rep that I purchased two Moto X Pure Edition and that I need a nanosim for them and they shipped it via 2-day
    09-16-2015 10:58 PM
    I called VZW and requested a nanosim. They asked what it was for and I said that I purchased a Moto X Pure edition and it required a nanosim. She said ok and asked if I wanted overnight ship for $13. I said ok. I also said that I didn't want any changes to my plan, I have UDP and didn't want to lose it. She said there would be no changes.
    09-17-2015 07:10 AM
    Ladies and gentlemen, I believe Verizon has just approved the new Moto X Pure Edition IMEI. You can check it on their website by searching for Device Activation, then putting in your IMEI. I just put in mine, and it says that it is compatible with Verizon Wireless (I can't try activating it until tonight though. will keep posted)
    09-17-2015 01:25 PM
    Ladies and gentlemen, I believe Verizon has just approved the new Moto X Pure Edition IMEI. You can check it on their website by searching for Device Activation, then putting in your IMEI. I just put in mine, and it says that it is compatible with Verizon Wireless (I can't try activating it until tonight though. will keep posted)
    Nice find .
    Ry likes this.
    09-17-2015 01:38 PM
    Damn FedEx. I requested for them to leave the package in front of the door but they still opt to leave a doorhang and have me pick it up or redeliver. Argh!
    09-17-2015 02:29 PM
    Just checked My Verizon and see that my Pure now has a model number listed instead of "Non-VZW Device". I'm assuming new activations should work for most now.

Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)-myverizon.png
    diesel97, radgatt and kj11 like this.
    09-17-2015 02:54 PM
    Damn FedEx. I requested for them to leave the package in front of the door but they still opt to leave a doorhang and have me pick it up or redeliver. Argh!
    I just print out the FedEx tracking slip and sign it and tape it on the door. Never had a problem before.
    09-17-2015 03:07 PM
    I just print out the FedEx tracking slip and sign it and tape it on the door. Never had a problem before.
    Thanks. I'll remember that for when they deliver my MXPE's. I'm hoping I'm able to change the delivery location via delivery manager or do a hold since FedEx is right across the street from my job.
    09-17-2015 03:26 PM
    Just checked My Verizon and see that my Pure now has a model number listed instead of "Non-VZW Device". I'm assuming new activations should work for most now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyVerizon.PNG 
Views:	75 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	197234
    Yup...just checked mine and indeed it has changed to Motorola XT1575.
    09-17-2015 03:49 PM
    Talk to good tier two tech and ask for nano sim activated. Don't activate the phone. Card monkeys won't understand and some tier two techs won't either. Politely remind them how long you've been a paying customer. Worked for me and my grandfathered unlimited data.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-17-2015 04:17 PM

Nice!
    09-17-2015 04:21 PM

Is that a LG envy 2!? Used to love that phone
    09-17-2015 05:49 PM
    To the members that have a nano sim has there been any problems on your account when you plugged in the sim and let it automatically sync with the system. I remember reading on one of the forums that you might lose your discount on your account. I have a 15% discount that I don't want to lose. It's a pain to set up.
    Thanks
    09-17-2015 09:51 PM
385 ... 1112131415 ...