01-17-2016 12:29 PM
385 ... 13141516
tools
    I tried the activating/switch device online. It gave me an error. So I ended up doing an online chat with VZ and told the person that I needed to activate 2 new phones. She asked for IMEI and SIM for both. Within minutes, both were activated. I still have my Loyalty plan and UDP for both accounts.
    Thank you so much. It got activated really quick during the online chat. It's not recognized as a Verizon device yet but I double checked and my plan is still the same. Thanks again!!
    09-23-2015 11:09 PM
    Thank you so much. It got activated really quick during the online chat. It's not recognized as a Verizon device yet but I double checked and my plan is still the same. Thanks again!!
    Glad it worked out.

VZ recognizes the phone. It shows the model number when you log in to your VZ account and look under devices. It won't say "Moto X Pure Edition" because it's not a carrier specific phone. And there should be no change to your plan or account since all you're doing is activating the phone.

For anyone who is doing this in the store and the rep is telling you that you have to change your plan, WALK OUT OF THE STORE IMMEDIATELY. You should not have to change your plan just to get the phone working. Go back home, and either call or do an online chat. I've had great success with online chat. I was able to order 2 nanosims without any hesitation and they also activated both phones and SIMs without questions.
    Cuda13 likes this.
    09-23-2015 11:16 PM
    Glad it worked out.

VZ recognizes the phone. It shows the model number when you log in to your VZ account and look under devices. It won't say "Moto X Pure Edition" because it's not a carrier specific phone. And there should be no change to your plan or account since all you're doing is activating the phone.

For anyone who is doing this in the store and the rep is telling you that you have to change your plan, WALK OUT OF THE STORE IMMEDIATELY. You should not have to change your plan just to get the phone working. Go back home, and either call or do an online chat. I've had great success with online chat. I was able to order 2 nanosims without any hesitation and they also activated both phones and SIMs without questions.
    This is important. When I called in both reps said I had to change plans to get it to work but no problem with the online chat.
    09-23-2015 11:39 PM
    I feel sorry for people that don't know better and lose their udp over uninformed or lying reps. Only upgrading will make you lose udp a phone you buy full price anywhere will not.
    09-24-2015 02:56 AM
    Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Let's see how this pans out in a few days.
    Got my nano sim card and called up a rep to help me as I couldn't get past entering the IMEI number as I kept getting an error message that I should try later. Got my phone up and running quickly with the rep's assistance.
    09-24-2015 11:24 PM
    My second call to get them to give me my out of contract monthly line credit. Hopefully it will take this time.
    11-12-2015 05:14 PM
    When I ordered my XPE from Motorola I had them throw in a Verizon SIM card too so I could activate the phone online from the comfort of my ratty office chair and not have deal with an adolescent Verizon Store philistine.

All my best laid plans were dashed when the the Verizon Activation gate-keeper refused to accept my IMEI (MEID) for a pre-paid plan. Made the treck to the local Verizon Store where, surprisingly, I only had to wait 10 minutes to be helped and the employees were cheerful and gracious. But my optimism was quickly squelched when the young sales-woman was also unable to activate my XPE. After a couple of tries she cried, "You can't activate this phone on Verizon's network because you didn't buy it from Verizon."

Here we go.

I will spare you the inevitable details but after two hours of her running back and forth to their resident tech holed up in a back-room (who, interestingly, has his own XPE), activating a card in another phone with a different phone number then switching the SIM card to my phone and then porting my number over, it finally worked.

Moral of the story: activating an XPE on Verizon is not always as easy as it should be. A pox on all US based cell carriers.
    11-15-2015 08:43 AM
    I just received my MXPE Friday and I just took the sim out of my Turbo and put it in the XP. Worked immediately. Already a Verizon customer and it worked flawlessly. No phone calls to Verizon needed.

Wanted to add, we just had to come off our daughter's employee account because she left for a new job. We had to go in last week and set up a new account under my name. The Verizon employee who helped us was knowledgeable and cheerful. I told him I had ordered an MXPE and so I wasn't getting a phone from Verizon, but my husband was getting one on the installment plan. The employee said "great, I'll just put your new sim in your current phone and you can then put it in your new one when you get it. That's a great phone and it'll work with no problems." (We had to get new numbers since we were in effect cancelling the "contract" - employee account - but we didn't have to pay the cancellation fee.)

Just relaying a good experience with Verizon for a change.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ffejjj and Shimon Mor like this.
    11-15-2015 10:36 AM
    I think the problems mainly occur with a new account activation on these phones. If you are transferring a SIM card from another phone...there isn't an issue. But if you are new to Verizon then activating a SIM in the XPE is a problem. Which is why they had to activate the SIM in one of their display phones first.
    Westiemom likes this.
    11-15-2015 11:02 AM
    When I ordered my XPE from Motorola I had them throw in a Verizon SIM card too so I could activate the phone online from the comfort of my ratty office chair and not have deal with an adolescent Verizon Store philistine.

All my best laid plans were dashed when the the Verizon Activation gate-keeper refused to accept my IMEI (MEID) for a pre-paid plan. Made the treck to the local Verizon Store where, surprisingly, I only had to wait 10 minutes to be helped and the employees were cheerful and gracious. But my optimism was quickly squelched when the young sales-woman was also unable to activate my XPE. After a couple of tries she cried, "You can't activate this phone on Verizon's network because you didn't buy it from Verizon."

Here we go.

I will spare you the inevitable details but after two hours of her running back and forth to their resident tech holed up in a back-room (who, interestingly, has his own XPE), activating a card in another phone with a different phone number then switching the SIM card to my phone and then porting my number over, it finally worked.

Moral of the story: activating an XPE on Verizon is not always as easy as it should be. A pox on all US based cell carriers.
    Perfect. How annoying.
    Shimon Mor likes this.
    11-15-2015 08:05 PM
    I thought I read somewhere (but can't find it now) that with Verizon you should see "4G LTE" next to the bars. Mine shows only "LTE" (see photo). Is there a difference or am I thinking of a different model phone? Is this what other Verizon users see next to their bars?

Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)-lte2.jpg
    11-21-2015 02:25 PM
    Yes, I see the same on mine and I'm on Verizon. I believe I read on here that it is because this is not a carrier branded phone. But we're definitely getting 4G.

Laura Knotek and Shimon Mor like this.
    11-21-2015 03:32 PM
    Mine looks exactly the same on AT&T.
    11-21-2015 03:47 PM
    I thought I read somewhere (but can't find it now) that with Verizon you should see "4G LTE" next to the bars. Mine shows only "LTE" (see photo). Is there a difference or am I thinking of a different model phone? Is this what other Verizon users see next to their bars?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LTE2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	206661
    It's been covered in other threads here. The "4G LTE" is Verizon Branding on their phones. This is one difference by not having a carrier-specific model. You will see "Verizon Wireless" in the upper left of your lock screen

Posted from my XT1575
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-21-2015 03:50 PM
    It's been covered in other threads here. The "4G LTE" is Verizon Branding on their phones. This is one difference by not having a carrier-specific model. You will see "Verizon Wireless" in the upper left of your lock screen

Posted from my XT1575
    This is why. Verizon modifies the symbol to say 4G LTE on their phones (all carriers do). On stock phones it just says LTE.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-21-2015 04:00 PM
    Hey! Just wondering since I'm using this phone on Verizon, is VOLTE automatically on? Or does it need to be activated through actually typing it in? Because I'd rather have it deactivated so I figured I'd ask.
    Also, do you prefer to use network type Global or LTE/CDMA? Wondering if it has different influences on battery life.

Anyway, its interesting and strange to be back on Android again! This after being on iOS for almost a year.

11-23-2015 02:20 AM
    Hey! Just wondering since I'm using this phone on Verizon, is VOLTE automatically on? Or does it need to be activated through actually typing it in? Because I'd rather have it deactivated so I figured I'd ask.
    Also, do you prefer to use network type Global or LTE/CDMA? Wondering if it has different influences on battery life.

Anyway, its interesting and strange to be back on Android again! This after being on iOS for almost a year.

You need Advanced Calling 1.0 enabled on your line and Enhanced 4G LTE enabled on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    11-23-2015 02:50 AM

Using VoLTE is a personal preference. It will not hurt anything to have it turned as far as I can tell. I have it turned on. It only really works when the other person your are talking to has the same thing turned on. Those who have been able to actually test it say it makes the calls crystal clear. As mentioned you need to turn it on through your Verizon account web page. Then it will show up on the phone and you can choose it in the settings. Eventually everyone on Verizon will use it as the default standard I think.

I used to always use the Global setting until a few weeks ago I started getting a strange error message that I did not have Verizon service. Everything still worked just fine but I could not get the message to disappear. So I switched it to LTE/CDMA and the error message has not returned. Global is just that, for roaming in areas where you may not get a good Verizon signal, or when traveling around the globe. For staying here in the USA I would just choose LTE/CDMA.
    11-23-2015 08:22 AM
    I'm on Verizon and mine doesn't say anything?
    What does this mean? Is there anything I can do about it?

Figured it out! When I'm on WiFi the LTE goes away! Turn off WiFi and LTE comes back. DUH
    ffejjj and ScottsoNJ like this.
    11-23-2015 11:03 AM
    After setting VoLTE up on the two new Pures in our house I think it set the network type to Global by default, but seems to work ok on LTE / CDMA also.

As to clarity, soon after enabling it my wife accused me of chomping down on a Taco Bell breakfast burrito and rattling the wrapper near the phone while talking to her! (She knows my fast food weaknesses!) Did some digging on the topic on the Moto forum where it was mentioned that a creditable 3rd level VZW engineer suggested that being too close to a strong VZW tower 'might be' an issue!

Good grief, I've been observing a major shopping development for nearly 3 years that began with construction of a new cell tower (within 200 yards from our house) and demolition of the old tower that was a few hundred yards further away. 4G LTE was initiated around here the same week as the Bionic launch and our signal strength has been great ever since.

Now this??
    11-23-2015 12:06 PM
    It's only a logo. There's no difference between "LTE" and "4G LTE".
    benjamminh likes this.
    11-29-2015 09:15 AM
    Anyone still having trouble activating it on verizon or has that been fixed ?

12-26-2015 05:14 PM
    A week ago I "activated" my Moto X Pure on Verizon by pulling the SIM on my Galaxy Note II cutting it down and inserting into Moto X Pure and powered on without issues. Everything worked seemlessly, worked on both mine and my wifes line. I would say any issues have been fixed.
    12-26-2015 05:59 PM
    The problems occur when trying to activate using a new SIM card...not when activating with an existing Verizon SIM card. The problem still occurs as evidenced by posts on the Motorola forums.
    12-26-2015 07:17 PM
    It's fixed .. Both of our devices were activated at a vzw store with a new sim
    Ry likes this.
    12-27-2015 09:27 AM
385 ... 13141516