01-17-2016 12:29 PM
385 ... 45678 ...
tools
    So I am a little unsure on something here. People in the thread mention you need an active sim so you can use this phone with the Verizon network. Well, now I have a HTC One (M7). That means I don't have an active sim, right? If not, how would I go about getting one?
    You can go to an official store and ask for one or when you activate the phone online they give you the option of shipping it
    08-21-2015 10:31 PM
    Mainly because Verizon doesn't sell flagship phones for $400. Verizon will probably sell this phone for ~$600. Regardless Verizon is buying the phone wholesale and selling it to you with a markup. But that is the way money works. You get a better deal if you pay upfront rather than over time.
    08-24-2015 02:47 PM
    Why do people think that carriers get a large wholesale discount on devices? I'm sure there might be a little discount on some devices, but they're not making $200 per device - maybe $2 per device is closer.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-24-2015 03:05 PM
    I wouldn't hold your breath on that ... this buying unlocked phone thing is for Android enthusiasts like us, which make up probably less than 5% of the general public. plans with discounts aren't happening, and 2 years plans are definitely not going away, not even close

Posted via the Android Central App
    Just one week after you said it would never happen, LOL.
    Verizon ends two-year contracts with new plans
    jephanie likes this.
    08-24-2015 03:21 PM
    To be fair, they're still available for people who already have Verizon services - and this isn't a surprising move, but it is somewhat surprising that they did it so quickly.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-24-2015 03:27 PM
    Boom, roasted.
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    08-24-2015 08:30 PM
    It is pretty likely that it will. But I haven't seen anything that says one way or the other
    Does the Nexus 6 support that?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-24-2015 09:56 PM
    Does the Nexus 6 support that?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Yup it supports it. Worked fine for me back when I had it.

Posted via the AC app
    08-25-2015 12:00 AM
    lol ... never been happier to be wrong!! nice pull finding that, I was looking cause o remember saying it just couldn't figure out where!
    08-25-2015 12:31 AM
    Yup it supports it. Worked fine for me back when I had it.

Posted via the AC app
    Then the Moto X Pure Edition will probably support it too.
    08-25-2015 02:55 PM
    I dont think this is *new* news, but it's hitting the blogs today. Sounds like Verizon is continuing to make it easier to activate non-verizon devices on a new account. I don't know about the iphone 6 but I know for the nexus 6 this was already fixed.

Verizon makes it easier to bring (some) phones to its network
    happasaiyan likes this.
    08-26-2015 11:12 AM
    I dont think this is *new* news, but it's hitting the blogs today. Sounds like Verizon is continuing to make it easier to activate non-verizon devices on a new account. I don't know about the iphone 6 but I know for the nexus 6 this was already fixed.

Verizon makes it easier to bring (some) phones to its network
    The last couple months have been nice. Haven't had to call VZW to give me my $25 back on my wife's out-of-contract Nexus 6.
    Ry likes this.
    08-26-2015 01:04 PM
    Question- Would it be able to use XLTE?
    08-26-2015 02:26 PM
    Then the Moto X Pure Edition will probably support it too.
    I hope you're right although Motorola doesn't have a good track record on VoLTE for non-carrier devices. As it stands right now Motorola has not released a single phone with VoLTE support unless it's a carrier phone or a phone sold by a carrier. No Moto E, G or X have supported VoLTE despite it being pretty much a given on all carrier phones from T-Mobile and Verizon for that matter. This has become an even bigger deal for T-Mobile customers as T-Mobile is requiring manufacturers to disable support for their 700mhz band 12 network if the phone doesn't have VoLTE.
    08-26-2015 04:05 PM
    I hope you're right although Motorola doesn't have a good track record on VoLTE for non-carrier devices. As it stands right now Motorola has not released a single phone with VoLTE support unless it's a carrier phone or a phone sold by a carrier. No Moto E, G or X have supported VoLTE despite it being pretty much a given on all carrier phones from T-Mobile and Verizon for that matter. This has become an even bigger deal for T-Mobile customers as T-Mobile is requiring manufacturers to disable support for their 700mhz band 12 network if the phone doesn't have VoLTE.
    The Nexus 6 is a moto phone. I hear your point though about the moto-branded-non-verizon devices.
    08-26-2015 04:30 PM
    The Nexus 6 is a moto phone. I hear your point though about the moto-branded-non-verizon devices.
    The Nexus 6 is a Motorola phone but it is sold directly by the carriers.
    08-26-2015 05:05 PM
    The Nexus 6 is a Motorola phone but it is sold directly by the carriers.
    You can buy from Motorola or Google and bypass the carriers.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-26-2015 05:40 PM
    Question- Would it be able to use XLTE?
    It has the necessary network band support to use XLTE

Posted via the AC app
    Clocks likes this.
    08-26-2015 07:02 PM
    Who on Verizon is going to order one today? Are you worried about them blocking activation of the device on the network?

As a long time Verizon Customer, over 12 years, I am concerned that they will not activate the device after i purchase it. They have such a spotty track record with this kind of stuff.
    09-02-2015 08:43 AM
    Who on Verizon is going to order one today? Are you worried about them blocking activation of the device on the network?

As a long time Verizon Customer, over 12 years, I am concerned that they will not activate the device after i purchase it. They have such a spotty track record with this kind of stuff.
    I'll be ordering it. I just have to pop my sim in and I'll be good to go. They've changed their "bring your own device" policy in the last year or so I'm not too worried about it.
    AtanRaca and Rocketsaucev2 like this.
    09-02-2015 08:45 AM
    So I have the Moto X (2014) and you are saying that I do not need to call them to activate the device? I can just pop my SIM in there?
    09-02-2015 08:53 AM
    So I have the Moto X (2014) and you are saying that I do not need to call them to activate the device? I can just pop my SIM in there?
    Correct, just pop active 4GLTE sim in from the old device.

Note that if you are on certain legacy plans, that you might not get the off contract discount if the device isn't certified. It is not an issue if you are on the current Verizon plan or the legacy nationwide plan(no discount for off contract, regardless of device)

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    AtanRaca likes this.
    09-02-2015 08:58 AM
    What does this mean if I still have the Unlimited Data Plan?
    09-02-2015 08:59 AM
    What does this mean if I still have the Unlimited Data Plan?
    Should be no impact with VZW. The unlimited goes away if you get a subsidized phone, or change your data plan. My son has changed phones two times through Asurion and still has his unlimited on my plan.

Check to be sure
    AtanRaca likes this.
    09-02-2015 09:24 AM
    I'm ordering. I have a sim to put in it.
    AtanRaca and Rocketsaucev2 like this.
    09-02-2015 09:24 AM
385 ... 45678 ...