01-17-2016 12:29 PM
385 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I called Verizon support several days ago and they will support it. They said I could use the sim from my Maxx, a nano sim, and you can switch phones on the Verizon site.
    Further information, I just got off the phone with Verizon technical support who confirmed they will support the Pure and if you want a new sim card instead of switching you can go to a Vericon company store and they will install the new sim and transfer the number to the new phone for free.
    Would I have to turn in or exchange the sim card on my GS3 for a nano sim? Or would they just give me the new nano sim while I get to keep my current sim card?
    09-02-2015 09:40 PM
    You actually get new Nano sims every time you switch phones? I've been switching with the same NANO Verizon sim for about 8 months now and have gone through 4 different phones.. They stopped checking a while ago. As long as it's the same sim card size they don't care and it works fully. The phone even updates on your Verizon account automatically.
    Ry likes this.
    09-02-2015 09:44 PM
    I called Verizon support several days ago and they will support it. They said I could use the sim from my Maxx, a nano sim, and you can switch phones on the Verizon site.
    Further information, I just got off the phone with Verizon technical support who confirmed they will support the Pure and if you want a new sim card instead of switching you can go to a Vericon company store and they will install the new sim and transfer the number to the new phone for free.
    What do you mean switch phones on the Verizon site? So I can't just insert active sim and use it?

XT1060
    09-02-2015 10:25 PM
    Yes, but don't expect Verizon to offer much help if any at all until they "certify" it which is just BS.
    I have a feeling that with the recent Verizon unlocked iPhone/Nexus news, people won't be having issues this time around.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    09-02-2015 10:33 PM
    What do you mean switch phones on the Verizon site? So I can't just insert active sim and use it?

XT1060
    I didn't have to when I sold my S6. Just threw the sim in my og Moto X and I was good to go.
    09-02-2015 10:59 PM
    I didn't have to when I sold my S6. Just threw the sim in my og Moto X and I was good to go.
    I in fact already switched from those two phones you just mentioned. All the info has pointed to being able to do that with the style. Don't know what the mention of the website meant

XT1060
    09-02-2015 11:01 PM
    Should be no impact with VZW. The unlimited goes away if you get a subsidized phone, or change your data plan. My son has changed phones two times through Asurion and still has his unlimited on my plan.

Check to be sure
    I asked VZ that same question today. they said I'll still be able to keep my unlimited plan. in fact the rep I spoke with told me she's getting the Pure herself
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    09-02-2015 11:17 PM
    You actually get new Nano sims every time you switch phones? I've been switching with the same NANO Verizon sim for about 8 months now and have gone through 4 different phones.. They stopped checking a while ago. As long as it's the same sim card size they don't care and it works fully. The phone even updates on your Verizon account automatically.
    They used to "retire" sim cards after 24 hours if you deactivated it. Now you can reuse any old Verizon 4G sim you have lying around. But yeah just switch sims between devices, I switch Sims with my Ultra and Nexus 6 a lot.
    09-02-2015 11:53 PM
    I ordered one earlier this morning. As soon as I receive it, I'm gonna walk right into Verizon and tell them to activate it on one of my lines. I'll let you guys know how that turns out. They gave me a hard time with both Google store bought Nexus 6 and the Nexus 7 tablet, but I am hoping it goes smoother this time around.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-02-2015 11:58 PM
    Going to pull the sim from my Nexus 6 and test this bad boy for 2 weeks and decide if I will keep it. Probably will.
    09-03-2015 12:29 AM
    Plenty of people including myself, plus the extra benefit of not being locked down to a lease program or contract. Being able to switch between all carriers anytime you want is priceless.

09-03-2015 08:37 AM
    On VoLTE take this with a grain of salt, but Moto support insists its there. I pressed them more when their answer was weirdly worded and they stuck to their guns that it will be an option.

Raul: Hi, my name is Raul. How may I help you?
    Me: hello. can you confirm if VoLTE (also called Advanced Calling or Enhanced 4G Mode) will be available on Verizon with the Moto X Pure Edition?
    Raul: Hi Me
    Raul: I will be more than happy to check that option for you.
    Raul: Our phone is 4g LTE capable, that feature will be supported in most of our high end phones, Droid turbo, Moto X pure edition etc.
    Me: so when the moto x pure edition arrives, we'll be able to enable VOLTE on verizon?
    Raul: Now, it will also depend if the CDMA network by Verizon will be providing the service in the area you reside.
    Raul: And yes, the phone is capable to do such task, it is 4G LTE.
    Me: can you confirm what the option will be called and where in the menu we will enable the feature?
    Raul: VOLTE is basically voice over LTE network instead of traditional voice network.
    Raul: That service is not an app, it is a service provided by the carrier, as a regular call service.
    Raul: You will need to request that service with the carrier. ( Verizon )
    Me: on the nexus 6 on verizon you have to enable "enhanced 4g mode" in the settings on the phone to enable Volte. im curious if it will work the same on the pure edition
    Raul: I have found this article by Verizon.
    Raul: Correct, it will be the same setting, that is an android setting
    Raul: Check this please
    Raul: Advanced Calling 1.0 for Android Devices FAQs | Verizon Wireless
    Raul: You need to check GETTING SETTING UP ADVANCED CALLING.
    Raul: That will prepare the phone, but as for your question, the answer is yes, our phone do support that feature.
    09-03-2015 10:30 AM
    Does anyone know what to do if you're looking to buy a Pure edition but DONT have a SIM card? Were switching from ATT to Verizon. Could I get one from them? Or would I have to buy a cheaper certified device, get a Sim card for that, and then put it in the moto?? Anybody have experience with this?
    09-05-2015 02:34 PM
    Does anyone know what to do if you're looking to buy a Pure edition but DONT have a SIM card? Were switching from ATT to Verizon. Could I get one from them? Or would I have to buy a cheaper certified device, get a Sim card for that, and then put it in the moto?? Anybody have experience with this?
    The store should be able to do it once you get your phone. Otherwise you can enter the IMEI online and set up a new account and verizon will mail you a sim card.
    09-05-2015 02:44 PM
    The store should be able to do it once you get your phone. Otherwise you can enter the IMEI online and set up a new account and verizon will mail you a sim card.

I thought that since the phone isn't "certified" by Verizon they can't hand out SIMs for it? It would say "unrecognized device" or something of that sorts?
    09-05-2015 03:18 PM
    Take it to a Verizon store and see what they say.
    09-05-2015 04:57 PM
    I thought that since the phone isn't "certified" by Verizon they can't hand out SIMs for it? It would say "unrecognized device" or something of that sorts?
    Speculation is that the Moto X will join the iPhone and Nexus. http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/25/v...our-own-phone/

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    09-05-2015 05:53 PM
    I'm still surprised at all of the "hope" and "speculation" statements. Moto has been very clear that you just get a sim from any carrier and pop it in. Verizon will just sell a sim on a plan and you're good to go. No more of this. "Must be certified" junk. It will work. Plain and simple.

09-05-2015 06:28 PM
    What else would there be to worry and fret over. I am with you put in the sim and go.
    09-05-2015 10:38 PM
    Verizon announced a week ago that they are now accepting any phone that has the required radios onto their network. I can't remember which tech site that I read it but probably wouldn't be that hard to find again.

Edit: Not the same article but looks like the same information. http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/...nes/2015-08-26

09-05-2015 10:55 PM
    I can see the conversation now if they won't accept my Pure edition. " I am sorry are you saying you don't want my business anymore after 12 years of paying all my bills on time or early? It's OK I will just go to ATT please cancel my account". Churn is an important statistic for carriers. The most important thing is YOU paying your bill month after month after month. Not buying a new phone every 2 years. Verizon will welcome your Pure with open arms. There will be no problems with activation. Thursday Sept 3 when I went into a Verizon store just about everyone there said to bring it in so they could see it and they will give me a sim and activate it. Remember most contracts are month to month.

09-06-2015 01:08 AM
    I can see the conversation now if they won't accept my Pure edition. " I am sorry are you saying you don't want my business anymore after 12 years of paying all my bills on time or early? It's OK I will just go to ATT please cancel my account". Churn is an important statistic for carriers. The most important thing is YOU paying your bill month after month after month. Not buying a new phone every 2 years. Verizon will welcome your Pure with open arms. There will be no problems with activation. Thursday Sept 3 when I went into a Verizon store just about everyone there said to bring it in so they could see it and they will give me a sim and activate it. Remember most contracts are month to month.

Verizon has to allow any phone that can work on their network. The catch is you have to have an active SIM. Once you slap that in you're good. They just won't activate a new SIM on it.
    09-06-2015 02:27 AM
    Verizon has to allow any phone that can work on their network. The catch is you have to have an active SIM. Once you slap that in you're good. They just won't activate a new SIM on it.
    From a mod, really? You DO NOT have to have an already-acitve SIM. You can take your new Pure, walk into a Verizon store as a non-customer, buy a sim and a plan and you're off to the races. Why are people still sticking to this junk about the way Verizon used to do business? Give it up people, the new way of BYOP is alive and here. Even with Verizon.
    travaz, wkm001 and bholt6 like this.
    09-06-2015 12:41 PM
    From a mod, really? You DO NOT have to have an already-acitve SIM. You can take your new Pure, walk into a Verizon store as a non-customer, buy a sim and a plan and you're off to the races. Why are people still sticking to this junk about the way Verizon used to do business? Give it up people, the new way of BYOP is alive and here. Even with Verizon.
    To be fair that has never been the case before, and has not been fully tested across a variety of stores and employees.
    diesteldorf likes this.
    09-06-2015 12:53 PM
    To be fair that has never been the case before, and has not been fully tested across a variety of stores and employees.
    Doesn't need to be tested with employees. It's a directive from the top and all stores and employees have been given the details on what's happening. Moto has done some serious homework on this, along with having all four carriers involved in this since the design phase of the Pure. It's a significant change in how Verizon and Sprint operate, so I get that it's new and unknown, but it's not unknown to verizon and Moto. They have tested and tested. And tested some more.

travaz and wkm001 like this.
    09-06-2015 01:12 PM
385 ... 678910 ...