Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X Style - Advanced Calling on Verizon??

Advanced Calling is available on the Nexus 6 on verizon thanks to the built in settings in android 5.1 (where it is called "Enhanced 4G mode"). I would expect the MXPE to work the same way since it is absent any carrier software.

I dont know what the heck happened with the 2014 Moto X. As far as I know it is the only modern phone without simultaneous voice + data on Verizon.

Verizon requested it be removed from the 2014 Moto X. Another reason anything is possible when it comes to Verizon. Here is an image of the now deleted forum post from a Motorola engineer:

http://i.imgur.com/eFOZlEM.png

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Verizon requested it be removed from the 2014 Moto X. Another reason anything is possible when it comes to Verizon. Here is an image of the now deleted forum post from a Motorola engineer:

http://i.imgur.com/eFOZlEM.png

They sold the Moto X though didn't they? So them making that request makes sense -- Moto has said they will be the ones selling it (not the carriers) so those modifications shouldn't take place.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Advanced Calling is available on the Nexus 6 on verizon thanks to the built in settings in android 5.1 (where it is called "Enhanced 4G mode"). I would expect the MXPE to work the same way since it is absent any carrier software.

I dont know what the heck happened with the 2014 Moto X. As far as I know it is the only modern phone without simultaneous voice + data on Verizon.

You're correct from what I understand, Enhanced 4G Mode is on the stock, unlocked Nexus 6 (sold on the Play Store with no Verizon hands involved) running Lollipop 5.1 and on. And Verizon customers using that version of the phone report that Advanced Calling works just fine. So is that built into Lollipop/Marshmallow and will work once we pop in our Verizon Sims it just works (as long as HD calling is turned on with our accounts)?

I asked this question on XDA in the N6 forums (I was tempted to get an N6 until the X went on sale). I'm Co.Ag.2005 on XDA as well asking the questions
FCC and Verizon - Pg. 39 | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

You're correct from what I understand, Enhanced 4G Mode is on the stock, unlocked Nexus 6 (sold on the Play Store with no Verizon hands involved) running Lollipop 5.1 and on. And Verizon customers using that version of the phone report that Advanced Calling works just fine. So is that built into Lollipop/Marshmallow and will work once we pop in our Verizon Sims it just works (as long as HD calling is turned on with our accounts)?

I asked this question on XDA in the N6 forums (I was tempted to get an N6 until the X went on sale). I'm Co.Ag.2005 on XDA as well asking the questions
FCC and Verizon - Pg. 39 | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums

Yes. Pop in the vzw sim, enable volte on your account, reboot (sometimes needed), the phone identifies what network it is on, and then you can enable the toggle. Worked perfectly on my nexus 6 on verizon. If you have any issues (like enhanced 4g mode toggle disappearing) toggling volte on/off in your verizon account usually fixes it.

qin

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon?

So I am a little unsure on something here. People in the thread mention you need an active sim so you can use this phone with the Verizon network. Well, now I have a HTC One (M7). That means I don't have an active sim, right? If not, how would I go about getting one?

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon?

So I am a little unsure on something here. People in the thread mention you need an active sim so you can use this phone with the Verizon network. Well, now I have a HTC One (M7). That means I don't have an active sim, right? If not, how would I go about getting one?

You can go to an official store and ask for one or when you activate the phone online they give you the option of shipping it

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X on Verizon

Mainly because Verizon doesn't sell flagship phones for $400. Verizon will probably sell this phone for ~$600. Regardless Verizon is buying the phone wholesale and selling it to you with a markup. But that is the way money works. You get a better deal if you pay upfront rather than over time.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Why do people think that carriers get a large wholesale discount on devices? I'm sure there might be a little discount on some devices, but they're not making $200 per device - maybe $2 per device is closer.

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't hold your breath on that ... this buying unlocked phone thing is for Android enthusiasts like us, which make up probably less than 5% of the general public. plans with discounts aren't happening, and 2 years plans are definitely not going away, not even close

Posted via the Android Central App

Just one week after you said it would never happen, LOL.
Verizon ends two-year contracts with new plans

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

I dont think this is *new* news, but it's hitting the blogs today. Sounds like Verizon is continuing to make it easier to activate non-verizon devices on a new account. I don't know about the iphone 6 but I know for the nexus 6 this was already fixed.

Verizon makes it easier to bring (some) phones to its network

The last couple months have been nice. Haven't had to call VZW to give me my $25 back on my wife's out-of-contract Nexus 6.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Then the Moto X Pure Edition will probably support it too.

I hope you're right although Motorola doesn't have a good track record on VoLTE for non-carrier devices. As it stands right now Motorola has not released a single phone with VoLTE support unless it's a carrier phone or a phone sold by a carrier. No Moto E, G or X have supported VoLTE despite it being pretty much a given on all carrier phones from T-Mobile and Verizon for that matter. This has become an even bigger deal for T-Mobile customers as T-Mobile is requiring manufacturers to disable support for their 700mhz band 12 network if the phone doesn't have VoLTE.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I hope you're right although Motorola doesn't have a good track record on VoLTE for non-carrier devices. As it stands right now Motorola has not released a single phone with VoLTE support unless it's a carrier phone or a phone sold by a carrier. No Moto E, G or X have supported VoLTE despite it being pretty much a given on all carrier phones from T-Mobile and Verizon for that matter. This has become an even bigger deal for T-Mobile customers as T-Mobile is requiring manufacturers to disable support for their 700mhz band 12 network if the phone doesn't have VoLTE.

The Nexus 6 is a moto phone. I hear your point though about the moto-branded-non-verizon devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21