Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Wireless

Who on Verizon is going to order one today? Are you worried about them blocking activation of the device on the network?

As a long time Verizon Customer, over 12 years, I am concerned that they will not activate the device after i purchase it. They have such a spotty track record with this kind of stuff.

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Wireless

Who on Verizon is going to order one today? Are you worried about them blocking activation of the device on the network?

As a long time Verizon Customer, over 12 years, I am concerned that they will not activate the device after i purchase it. They have such a spotty track record with this kind of stuff.

I'll be ordering it. I just have to pop my sim in and I'll be good to go. They've changed their "bring your own device" policy in the last year or so I'm not too worried about it.

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

So I have the Moto X (2014) and you are saying that I do not need to call them to activate the device? I can just pop my SIM in there?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

So I have the Moto X (2014) and you are saying that I do not need to call them to activate the device? I can just pop my SIM in there?
Correct, just pop active 4GLTE sim in from the old device.

Note that if you are on certain legacy plans, that you might not get the off contract discount if the device isn't certified. It is not an issue if you are on the current Verizon plan or the legacy nationwide plan(no discount for off contract, regardless of device)

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

What does this mean if I still have the Unlimited Data Plan?

Should be no impact with VZW. The unlimited goes away if you get a subsidized phone, or change your data plan. My son has changed phones two times through Asurion and still has his unlimited on my plan.

Check to be sure :)

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

If you already have an active SIM there should be on issues even for new customers Verizon now has a process for activating certain unlocked phones (currently only the iPhone 6/Plus and Nexus 6, but wouldn't be surprised to see this one added very soon).

My hold up is the lack of knowledge on whether or not it supports VoLTE on Verizon. I have already suffered without voice and mobile data at the same time on my Moto X (2014) for close to 10 months and won't buy another phone without it.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Should feel good for Verizon customers to get a phone without their ugly looking logo and crap, modifications that they do to the phones.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

wkm001

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto X on Verizon

lol ... never been happier to be wrong!! nice pull finding that, I was looking cause o remember saying it just couldn't figure out where!

One of the main reasons I'm going back to Verizon. AT&T has been good, and cheap, but the coverage just isn't there.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

Should feel good for Verizon customers to get a phone without their ugly looking logo and crap, modifications that they do to the phones.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
The logo be never bothered me too much since it's always on the back on the phones I've gotten (I know they've been on the front before) but the lack of vzw bloatware is going to feel very nice

XT1060

AtanRaca

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

The logo be never bothered me too much since it's always on the back on the phones I've gotten (I know they've been on the front before) but the lack of vzw bloatware is going to feel very nice

XT1060

What, you do not use VZ Navigation or Message+?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

What, you do not use VZ Navigation or Message+?

Knock Message+ all you want but it's one of the best and most useful carrier apps, especially if you also carry a tablet.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

If you already have an active SIM there should be on issues even for new customers Verizon now has a process for activating certain unlocked phones (currently only the iPhone 6/Plus and Nexus 6, but wouldn't be surprised to see this one added very soon).

My hold up is the lack of knowledge on whether or not it supports VoLTE on Verizon. I have already suffered without voice and mobile data at the same time on my Moto X (2014) for close to 10 months and won't buy another phone without it.

Users with the unlocked Nexus 6 (bought from the Play store, not Verizon) reported that VoLTE worked on that device since it's built into 5.1.1. Now, maybe that's because there was also a N6 on Verizon? not sure, but I hope that it is just because Android 5.1.1 supports VoLTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance