Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)

qin

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, went to the Verizon store today with my MXPE but they won't activate the phone on the service because the IMEI number was not showing up in their system. I thought this issue was taken care of on 9/18?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Setting up my X that arrived today as we speak. As for Verizon and the sim swap, i literally popped the sim out of my 2014 X and popped it into my new X and Verizon service is working perfectly. So, for those with an already activated nano on Verizon, you should have zero issues.

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, went to the Verizon store today with my MXPE but they won't activate the phone on the service because the IMEI number was not showing up in their system. I thought this issue was taken care of on 9/18?
I just activated both my MXPE and my wifes. I did a online chat with a verizon rep. Gave her both the IMEI and SIM for both phones and it was activated.

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah part of the issue is I need to get a new nano SIM card since my old phone uses a micro SIM card.
Just tell them that you need the new nanosim. If they don't give it to you, call Verizon and they'll ship it to you for free via 2-day shipping. That's how I got mine.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Activating on Verizon

Sorry in advance for the newbie question but I'm trying to figure out how to activate my wife's new phone. I haven't had to deal with this in years and it was always in the store. I have the sim card that Motorola sent me with the phone but couldn't figure out the online process so I called *611 for help. The girl that answered told me I had to change my plan because I had an old America's choice plan with unlimited data. After being put on hold for 20 minutes a tech came on and said the same the same thing. What's the easiest way to get this done? I guess if I have to I can cut down the sim from the Thunderbolt she's currently using. Thanks!!

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Activating on Verizon

Have you tried activating the phone online? After you login to your account, you'll see a MY DEVICE tab. Under that heading, you should see an option to ACTIVATE OR SWITCH DEVICE.
There should be a place to enter the SIM # and Device ID.

Good Luck.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried activating the phone online? After you login to your account, you'll see a MY DEVICE tab. Under that heading, you should see an option to ACTIVATE OR SWITCH DEVICE.
There should be a place to enter the SIM # and Device ID.

Good Luck.
Thanks. I'll give it a try.

I tried it and got a "We cannot process your request at this time" message. Maybe I've been blacklisted...

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I tried the activating/switch device online. It gave me an error. So I ended up doing an online chat with VZ and told the person that I needed to activate 2 new phones. She asked for IMEI and SIM for both. Within minutes, both were activated. I still have my Loyalty plan and UDP for both accounts.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

I tried the activating/switch device online. It gave me an error. So I ended up doing an online chat with VZ and told the person that I needed to activate 2 new phones. She asked for IMEI and SIM for both. Within minutes, both were activated. I still have my Loyalty plan and UDP for both accounts.

Thank you so much. It got activated really quick during the online chat. It's not recognized as a Verizon device yet but I double checked and my plan is still the same. Thanks again!!

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Thank you so much. It got activated really quick during the online chat. It's not recognized as a Verizon device yet but I double checked and my plan is still the same. Thanks again!!
Glad it worked out.

VZ recognizes the phone. It shows the model number when you log in to your VZ account and look under devices. It won't say "Moto X Pure Edition" because it's not a carrier specific phone. And there should be no change to your plan or account since all you're doing is activating the phone.

For anyone who is doing this in the store and the rep is telling you that you have to change your plan, WALK OUT OF THE STORE IMMEDIATELY. You should not have to change your plan just to get the phone working. Go back home, and either call or do an online chat. I've had great success with online chat. I was able to order 2 nanosims without any hesitation and they also activated both phones and SIMs without questions.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

Glad it worked out.

VZ recognizes the phone. It shows the model number when you log in to your VZ account and look under devices. It won't say "Moto X Pure Edition" because it's not a carrier specific phone. And there should be no change to your plan or account since all you're doing is activating the phone.

For anyone who is doing this in the store and the rep is telling you that you have to change your plan, WALK OUT OF THE STORE IMMEDIATELY. You should not have to change your plan just to get the phone working. Go back home, and either call or do an online chat. I've had great success with online chat. I was able to order 2 nanosims without any hesitation and they also activated both phones and SIMs without questions.

This is important. When I called in both reps said I had to change plans to get it to work but no problem with the online chat.

pamelany80

May 9, 2013
Visit site

I feel sorry for people that don't know better and lose their udp over uninformed or lying reps. Only upgrading will make you lose udp a phone you buy full price anywhere will not.

qin

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. Let's see how this pans out in a few days.

Got my nano sim card and called up a rep to help me as I couldn't get past entering the IMEI number as I kept getting an error message that I should try later. Got my phone up and running quickly with the rep's assistance.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
When I ordered my XPE from Motorola I had them throw in a Verizon SIM card too so I could activate the phone online from the comfort of my ratty office chair and not have deal with an adolescent Verizon Store philistine.

All my best laid plans were dashed when the the Verizon Activation gate-keeper refused to accept my IMEI (MEID) for a pre-paid plan. Made the treck to the local Verizon Store where, surprisingly, I only had to wait 10 minutes to be helped and the employees were cheerful and gracious. But my optimism was quickly squelched when the young sales-woman was also unable to activate my XPE. After a couple of tries she cried, "You can't activate this phone on Verizon's network because you didn't buy it from Verizon."

Here we go.

I will spare you the inevitable details but after two hours of her running back and forth to their resident tech holed up in a back-room (who, interestingly, has his own XPE), activating a card in another phone with a different phone number then switching the SIM card to my phone and then porting my number over, it finally worked.

Moral of the story: activating an XPE on Verizon is not always as easy as it should be. A pox on all US based cell carriers.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I just received my MXPE Friday and I just took the sim out of my Turbo and put it in the XP. Worked immediately. Already a Verizon customer and it worked flawlessly. No phone calls to Verizon needed.

Wanted to add, we just had to come off our daughter's employee account because she left for a new job. We had to go in last week and set up a new account under my name. The Verizon employee who helped us was knowledgeable and cheerful. I told him I had ordered an MXPE and so I wasn't getting a phone from Verizon, but my husband was getting one on the installment plan. The employee said "great, I'll just put your new sim in your current phone and you can then put it in your new one when you get it. That's a great phone and it'll work with no problems." (We had to get new numbers since we were in effect cancelling the "contract" - employee account - but we didn't have to pay the cancellation fee.)

Just relaying a good experience with Verizon for a change. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the problems mainly occur with a new account activation on these phones. If you are transferring a SIM card from another phone...there isn't an issue. But if you are new to Verizon then activating a SIM in the XPE is a problem. Which is why they had to activate the SIM in one of their display phones first.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
When I ordered my XPE from Motorola I had them throw in a Verizon SIM card too so I could activate the phone online from the comfort of my ratty office chair and not have deal with an adolescent Verizon Store philistine.

All my best laid plans were dashed when the the Verizon Activation gate-keeper refused to accept my IMEI (MEID) for a pre-paid plan. Made the treck to the local Verizon Store where, surprisingly, I only had to wait 10 minutes to be helped and the employees were cheerful and gracious. But my optimism was quickly squelched when the young sales-woman was also unable to activate my XPE. After a couple of tries she cried, "You can't activate this phone on Verizon's network because you didn't buy it from Verizon."

Here we go.

I will spare you the inevitable details but after two hours of her running back and forth to their resident tech holed up in a back-room (who, interestingly, has his own XPE), activating a card in another phone with a different phone number then switching the SIM card to my phone and then porting my number over, it finally worked.

Moral of the story: activating an XPE on Verizon is not always as easy as it should be. A pox on all US based cell carriers.

Perfect. How annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12