Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
LTE indicator on Verizon

I thought I read somewhere (but can't find it now) that with Verizon you should see "4G LTE" next to the bars. Mine shows only "LTE" (see photo). Is there a difference or am I thinking of a different model phone? Is this what other Verizon users see next to their bars?

LTE2.jpg

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: XPE Verizon LTE symbol

Yes, I see the same on mine and I'm on Verizon. I believe I read on here that it is because this is not a carrier branded phone. But we're definitely getting 4G.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Mine looks exactly the same on AT&T.
1cfa0f7034005e259c60cd7b5e82333f.jpg

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I thought I read somewhere (but can't find it now) that with Verizon you should see "4G LTE" next to the bars. Mine shows only "LTE" (see photo). Is there a difference or am I thinking of a different model phone? Is this what other Verizon users see next to their bars?

View attachment 206661

It's been covered in other threads here. The "4G LTE" is Verizon Branding on their phones. This is one difference by not having a carrier-specific model. You will see "Verizon Wireless" in the upper left of your lock screen

Posted from my XT1575

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It's been covered in other threads here. The "4G LTE" is Verizon Branding on their phones. This is one difference by not having a carrier-specific model. You will see "Verizon Wireless" in the upper left of your lock screen

Posted from my XT1575

This is why. Verizon modifies the symbol to say 4G LTE on their phones (all carriers do). On stock phones it just says LTE.

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Verizon VOLTE/ Network type

Hey! Just wondering since I'm using this phone on Verizon, is VOLTE automatically on? Or does it need to be activated through actually typing it in? Because I'd rather have it deactivated so I figured I'd ask.
Also, do you prefer to use network type Global or LTE/CDMA? Wondering if it has different influences on battery life.

Anyway, its interesting and strange to be back on Android again! This after being on iOS for almost a year.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon VOLTE/ Network type

Hey! Just wondering since I'm using this phone on Verizon, is VOLTE automatically on? Or does it need to be activated through actually typing it in? Because I'd rather have it deactivated so I figured I'd ask.
Also, do you prefer to use network type Global or LTE/CDMA? Wondering if it has different influences on battery life.

Anyway, its interesting and strange to be back on Android again! This after being on iOS for almost a year.

You need Advanced Calling 1.0 enabled on your line and Enhanced 4G LTE enabled on the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Using VoLTE is a personal preference. It will not hurt anything to have it turned as far as I can tell. I have it turned on. It only really works when the other person your are talking to has the same thing turned on. Those who have been able to actually test it say it makes the calls crystal clear. As mentioned you need to turn it on through your Verizon account web page. Then it will show up on the phone and you can choose it in the settings. Eventually everyone on Verizon will use it as the default standard I think.

I used to always use the Global setting until a few weeks ago I started getting a strange error message that I did not have Verizon service. Everything still worked just fine but I could not get the message to disappear. So I switched it to LTE/CDMA and the error message has not returned. Global is just that, for roaming in areas where you may not get a good Verizon signal, or when traveling around the globe. For staying here in the USA I would just choose LTE/CDMA.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I'm on Verizon and mine doesn't say anything? :'(
What does this mean? Is there anything I can do about it?

Figured it out! When I'm on WiFi the LTE goes away! Turn off WiFi and LTE comes back. DUH

Last edited:

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

After setting VoLTE up on the two new Pures in our house I think it set the network type to Global by default, but seems to work ok on LTE / CDMA also.

As to clarity, soon after enabling it my wife accused me of chomping down on a Taco Bell breakfast burrito and rattling the wrapper near the phone while talking to her! (She knows my fast food weaknesses!) Did some digging on the topic on the Moto forum where it was mentioned that a creditable 3rd level VZW engineer suggested that being too close to a strong VZW tower 'might be' an issue!

Good grief, I've been observing a major shopping development for nearly 3 years that began with construction of a new cell tower (within 200 yards from our house) and demolition of the old tower that was a few hundred yards further away. 4G LTE was initiated around here the same week as the Bionic launch and our signal strength has been great ever since.

Now this?? :eek:

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
mo
verizon activation ?

Anyone still having trouble activating it on verizon or has that been fixed ?

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: moverizon activation ?

A week ago I "activated" my Moto X Pure on Verizon by pulling the SIM on my Galaxy Note II cutting it down and inserting into Moto X Pure and powered on without issues. Everything worked seemlessly, worked on both mine and my wifes line. I would say any issues have been fixed.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: mo
verizon activation ?

The problems occur when trying to activate using a new SIM card...not when activating with an existing Verizon SIM card. The problem still occurs as evidenced by posts on the Motorola forums.

n8prkr

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
verizon activation ?

I initially had an issue getting a new sim at a vzw store. Their system didn't recognize the imei number, but the rep forced it and voila. In all fairness moto themselves didn't recognize the imei number for over a week after receiving my mxpe. I tried to add moto care via their website and no go til about a week had passed.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
verizon activation ?

Had absolutely no problems with activation. Pulled the nano sim out of my Turbo and popped it in my MXP. Worked with no issues.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
verizon activation ?

What if your coming from a note 4 with a micro ? And dont have a sim tool cutter ?

Icemax60

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Does the Moto X Pure have HD calling on the Verizon network?

I was just wondering if the X Pure has HD calling and if its supported on the Verizon network. If so how do I enable it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does the Moto X Pure have HD calling on the Verizon network.

It does.

Enable it on the account/line then enable it on the device.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition