Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X on Verizon

Yes, if it is the usa model and certified by Verizon for use on its network.

It will probably be like the nexus 6 where if Verizon doesn't release it at the same time as other carriers then it wouldn't be certified so then you would need to have an active SIM and swap it into the phone .

Keep in mind that non verizon certified phones while they will work with an active 4GLTE sim from another phone, aren't supported by Verizon, at least not until it is certified by Verizon.

So it will work but Verizon won't help you with warranty issues or network issues if it isn't certified.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The Moto X Pure Edition is what they are calling the Moto X Style for the states. It will work on all carriers (yes -- even Verizon) :).

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

The phone will work on Verizon but I sure hope Verizon doesn't play any of their usual games with this phone where the phone works but it takes them 4 months to "certify" it. The problem is even if the phone is compatible with Verizon if Verizon doesn't white list it in their system it will show up as an "unknown phone" and not be compatible with bring your own phone discounts even if the phone works perfect. This is what has happend with the Nexus 6 for many people who bought it somewhere other than Verizon (although I have heard this might be fixed now)

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

The phone will work on Verizon but I sure hope Verizon doesn't play any of their usual games with this phone where the phone works but it takes them 4 months to "certify" it. The problem is even if the phone is compatible with Verizon if Verizon doesn't white list it in their system it will show up as an "unknown phone" and not be compatible with bring your own phone discounts even if the phone works perfect. This is what has happend with the Nexus 6 for many people who bought it somewhere other than Verizon (although I have heard this might be fixed now)

It is fixed now. All you had to do before was just call every month. :confused:

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

There is no locked version. It will not be sold by carriers. You will buy it from Motorola, Amazon or Best Buy. One version, works out of the box with any US carrier sim. There won't be any monkeying around like with the Nexus 6. Verizon had their own branded nexus 6 on the way. There is no branded X Pure/Style coming.

Posted via the Android Central App

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

There is no locked version. It will not be sold by carriers. You will buy it from Motorola, Amazon or Best Buy. One version, works out of the box with any US carrier sim. There won't be any monkeying around like with the Nexus 6. Verizon had their own branded nexus 6 on the way. There is no branded X Pure/Style coming.

and thank God for it

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Yes, if it is the usa model and certified by Verizon for use on its network.

It will probably be like the nexus 6 where if Verizon doesn't release it at the same time as other carriers then it wouldn't be certified so then you would need to have an active SIM and swap it into the phone .

Keep in mind that non verizon certified phones while they will work with an active 4GLTE sim from another phone, aren't supported by Verizon, at least not until it is certified by Verizon.

So it will work but Verizon won't help you with warranty issues or network issues if it isn't certified.

It's not coming from Verizon. Ever. None of this certification mess to deal with. Sim in. Phone works.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Moto X on Verizon

If only they put a bigger battery, or not sealed it up.... No way a 1440p 5.7" lcd is going to be power efficient. Soooo close.

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

It is fixed now. All you had to do before was just call every month. :confused:

I hope they didn't just fix it for the Nexus 6 and finally just fixed it so any compatible phone can get the discount. I just have such little faith in Verizon to do anything customer friendly. If it wasn't for my grandfathered unlimited plan and their great coverage I would have left already.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

It's not coming from Verizon. Ever. None of this certification mess to deal with. Sim in. Phone works.

As I said before, If you have an active Verizon 4GLTE sim, yes it will work. However without certification Verizon will not activate it for you nor will Verizon provide customer support for it, nor will you receive the $15/25 discount for being off contract in verizon,which could be a loss of up to $600 over 2 years on a current plan.

If you have to have the phone on Verizon then sure, but if you are comparing it to other devices then consider the downsides of it not being Verizon certified.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

As I said before, If you have an active Verizon 4GLTE sim, yes it will work. However without certification Verizon will not activate it for you nor will Verizon provide customer support for it, nor will you receive the $15/25 discount for being off contract in verizon,which could be a loss of up to $600 over 2 years on a current plan.

If you have to have the phone on Verizon then sure, but if you are comparing it to other devices then consider the downsides of it not being Verizon certified.

I would be pretty confident that Motorola and Verizon already have it worked through. Moto would not be touting the ability to work with all US carriers if they knew there could be activation hassles. Verizon has been the biggest supporter of Motorola since their first Droid device. Verizon might not be 100% in favor of this business model, but it's the future of the industry here in the US.

Also, regarding the 15/25 discount - doesn't matter where the device comes from. Bring your own phone, get the discount.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I would be pretty confident that Motorola and Verizon already have it worked through. Moto would not be touting the ability to work with all US carriers if they knew there could be activation hassles. Verizon has been the biggest supporter of Motorola since their first Droid device. Verizon might not be 100% in favor of this business model, but it's the future of the industry here in the US.

Also, regarding the 15/25 discount - doesn't matter where the device comes from. Bring your own phone, get the discount.

That's exactly what they did with the Nexus 6. Showed support for all carriers, Verizon would not activate them, people had to Sim swap.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere

gaddang2

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

I have a feeling Verizon systen will not be ready and is not going to recognize the X-Style in their system so they can axe our 15/25 discounts

Posted with my Ballistic 64 VZW

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

That's exactly what they did with the Nexus 6. Showed support for all carriers, Verizon would not activate them, people had to Sim swap.

M Dev Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere

Not the same. Verizon had their own branded Nexus 6 full of carrier bloat coming, so it's no wonder they didn't play nice. This is different. There will be no carrier-branded X Pure.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

Not the same. Verizon had their own branded Nexus 6 full of carrier bloat coming, so it's no wonder they didn't play nice. This is different. There will be no carrier-branded X Pure.

Why does the video under " where you can buy a moto x pure edition" say it will be avalible on the carriers as well as the unlocked version at amazon best buy and motorola?

Does that mean the will be a carrier version and then an actual more pure version?

Maybe im just tired lol, oh well im waiting for the droid version anyway from verizon.

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

So if I do not have a Verizon phone but want to use the moto x style on their network, can I just get a sim card from them and put it in the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance