08-19-2015 07:48 AM
96 1234
tools
    I went to Motorola. Com and priced my note 4, and they'll pay $250 for trade in. Not bad if I trade it in for the Moto X pure edition. If it's $400, I'd only spend $150 for the phone! . Very tempting

Posted via the Android Central App with Note 4
    08-02-2015 03:32 AM
    I have not paid any attention to USB-C for phones...Since I prefer no cable at all or a cable that matches all my other charges and ports.

So my question is why would anyone want it in a phone? Its not speced any higher than 3.0(Not on phones)...It isn't smaller and its other end is most likely going to be USB.2.0...So why would anyone want this?
    (I am not being a smart ***...I really am interested in what I am missing...Even on the new macbook it's not faster than 3.0..).

As far as battery, it's hard to believe that everyone isn't either in a car for a half hour a day(Which would top off a Moto x), or near a receptacle for a half hour...or could just top it off with a battery pack. Even 15 min would give you the equivalent of a 4000mA battery.

I would buy one these just on the basis of Lenovo not letting the carriers change the specs. Not an easy task
    08-02-2015 06:44 AM
    I have not paid any attention to USB-C for phones...Since I prefer no cable at all or a cable that matches all my other charges and ports.

So my question is why would anyone want it in a phone? Its not speced any higher than 3.0(Not on phones)...It isn't smaller and its other end is most likely going to be USB.2.0...So why would anyone want this?
    (I am not being a smart ***...I really am interested in what I am missing...Even on the new macbook it's not faster than 3.0..).

As far as battery, it's hard to believe that everyone isn't either in a car for a half hour a day(Which would top off a Moto x), or near a receptacle for a half hour...or could just top it off with a battery pack. Even 15 min would give you the equivalent of a 4000mA battery.

I would buy one these just on the basis of Lenovo not letting the carriers change the specs. Not an easy task
    the more I think about it the more I agree with quick charge. I never had it so my mentality will change once I do I'm sure. that said, it's not uncommon for me to be away from a charger all day on the weekends, and having to carry around a battery pack might not be something I want to do.

as far as USB-C, it's more to future proof it then anything else since I'll keep this phone probably for 30-36 months. I love the idea of one universal cable for audio, video and data transfer.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-02-2015 07:56 AM

I don't know....Apple did it and now apparently everyone wants it? I agree with you that I'd rather just have wireless charging than a new cable. But I've had the OPO and it's a pita to get properly plugged in when it's dark. So I would like another way....I just think wireless would have been a better "future" to head to.

the more I think about it the more I agree with quick charge. I never had it so my mentality will change once I do I'm sure. that said, it's not uncommon for me to be away from a charger all day on the weekends, and having to carry around a battery pack might not be something I want to do.

as far as USB-C, it's more to future proof it then anything else since I'll keep this phone probably for 30-36 months. I love the idea of one universal cable for audio, video and data transfer.

It might be future proofing....But right now my phone, camera, headphones, BT remote, watch, and possibly more all run with the old wire. So it'd take a while for all of these things to adapt to a new way. So right now I think the regular way is more future proof since all these things probably won't be replaced and changed to USB C overnight.

Still since it has no wireless charging it would have been nice to have an easier way to plug in.
    08-02-2015 08:57 AM
    I don't know....Apple did it and now apparently everyone wants it? I agree with you that I'd rather just have wireless charging than a new cable. But I've had the OPO and it's a pita to get properly plugged in when it's dark. So I would like another way....I just think wireless would have been a better "future" to head to.

It might be future proofing....But right now my phone, camera, headphones, BT remote, watch, and possibly more all run with the old wire. So it'd take a while for all of these things to adapt to a new way. So right now I think the regular way is more future proof since all these things probably won't be replaced and changed to USB C overnight.

Still since it has no wireless charging it would have been nice to have an easier way to plug in.
    yeah I'm not at all bummed out over wireless charging. with quick charge I don't see anytime I'd use it. I do like the idea of not having to wear out my USB port, which had happened to my S4 twice, but taking the extra 3 seconds to just plug it in isn't much of a hassle for me.

08-02-2015 09:49 AM

Since it's reversible, it'll be easier to plug in in the dark, such as getting ready for bed, and since the cable could be used from everything from charging a bluetooth headset to running power and data for a Chromebook/laptop, USB-would allow for great cable consolidation. I could leave the house with one cable instead of three, not that I ever leave the house for the day with fewer than two chargers and cables.
    co.ag.2005 likes this.
    08-02-2015 03:14 PM
    I'm glad it's not USB C. No need to change my setups at home and work.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-02-2015 11:08 PM
    This phone may be a little too big for my hand. (My Moto X 2014 is a hair too wide for me.) I will probably wait until I can handle one before I make a decision.
    08-03-2015 09:19 AM
    I need to see how battery life pans out first. I would get the 64GB version for Verizon network. If really $500, seems too good to pass up if a great device

The media says that each model is a $50 bump, but seems the 64GB model would be $550 rather than $500.
    08-03-2015 09:35 AM
    I really want this phone. But, I'm on T-Mobile, and I have family that live in areas where my only way of using the phone would be wifi calling. And, given they aren't selling the phone, I'll be shocked if I can use it before M at the absolute earliest.

08-03-2015 01:32 PM
    I am definitely looking forward to the new Moto X. My 2013 has been my daily driver since it came out, switching from a Galaxy Note 2. I am currently using an Lg G Flex 2, just because I wanted to try it out as I like the curve, how it fits in my pocket, the size of the screen and a few other things. However, I miss the unique features of the Moto X and have switched back and forth between my G Flex 2 and 2013 Moto X since I got the LG a couple of months ago.

Time will tell how long the battery will last in the Moto X Style, and I am hoping, like many of us are, that it will last for most of the day with regular to heavy use. Having a better camera is great, although I wish it included OIS and I would have paid a bit more for it, but I think that I will be OK without it as long as the camera gives great quality pictures.
    08-03-2015 01:41 PM
    I need to see how battery life pans out first. I would get the 64GB version for Verizon network. If really $500, seems too good to pass up if a great device

The media says that each model is a $50 bump, but seems the 64GB model would be $550 rather than $500.
    It starts at $399 for 16GB. Each bump is $50, so the price on the 64GB is $499 and the 32 GB is $449.
    08-03-2015 01:49 PM
    I purchased the Nexus 6 and decided no more tiny screens for me, But there were times where I wish I had the software from my X. Now that there is a decent sized Moto (best android software available in my opinion) I will most definitely be picking up an X Pure.
    Aquila and DC Wuff like this.
    08-03-2015 03:21 PM
    I hope quick charge doesn't make the phone overheat like it does on some S6 models. I never use mine...just normal charging and it is still quite fast with no overheating. I will most certainly get this new Pure phone and sell my S6 Edge. Just want to hear it from Verizon directly that they will allow this phone...certify it or whatever. I don't care if they offer zero support as long as they allow it on their network. I will go to Motorola for tech support if needed and for updates too.
    08-07-2015 02:53 PM
    I will most definitely be buying the 2015 Pure Edition! New guy here, writing this on my 1st gen Moto X, the second of 4 Motorolas I've owned since July 2011: Atrix 2, Atrix HD (destroyed in a tragic recliner accident), this Moto X, and a 2014 X I owned for a week before the 2015 was announced and I returned it.

Unless some announcement is made about the exact time the 2015 will go on sale on 9/3, I'll probably be staying up really late watching the Motorola site.

Cheers!
    08-16-2015 11:50 PM
    Two. One for me and one for my wife. She really loves the bamboo back on my 2014 X and wants that on the new one (I do, too, again). We'll be ordering ours on day 1 of ordering availability.
    08-17-2015 01:41 AM
    Two. One for me and one for my wife. She really loves the bamboo back on my 2014 X and wants that on the new one (I do, too, again). We'll be ordering ours on day 1 of ordering availability.
    How is the bamboo holding up on your 2014? The bamboo looks great but wondering about its durability

08-17-2015 02:15 AM
    I'm torn between the Motorola X Pure and the Nexus 6. The N6 is pure Android and available now. The X is supposed to be "pure Android" and not available yet. The biggest reason I want the X over the N6 is the SD slot. I have been trying to just use 64GB on my phone and its manageable but I'd rather have a SD slot.

Either way, my next phone is going to be a Motorola phone.

By December, there will be a VZW version with VZW bloatware and different name but bigger battery. I would of liked to see a 4000 mah and slightly thicker phone. I don't see 4000mah adding much more thickness to any device. Look at the G4/G4 battery which are 3000 mah, and is about 6mm thick which measures about 2mm/1000mah so another 1000mah is about a thickness of a credit card.
    08-17-2015 08:23 AM
    I'm torn between the Motorola X Pure and the Nexus 6. The N6 is pure Android and available now. The X is supposed to be "pure Android" and not available yet. The biggest reason I want the X over the N6 is the SD slot. I have been trying to just use 64GB on my phone and its manageable but I'd rather have a SD slot.

Either way, my next phone is going to be a Motorola phone.

By December, there will be a VZW version with VZW bloatware and different name but bigger battery. I would of liked to see a 4000 mah and slightly thicker phone. I don't see 4000mah adding much more thickness to any device. Look at the G4/G4 battery which are 3000 mah, and is about 6mm thick which measures about 2mm/1000mah so another 1000mah is about a thickness of a credit card.
    That's not how batteries or engineering work. ;-)
    08-17-2015 08:52 AM
    Wait a second here. So you're saying if my car's engine is 24 inches tall and 140hp and I wanted to add 10 more HP I couldn't just make the engine 1.72" taller?
    sixty_four and brybelle22 like this.
    08-17-2015 09:13 AM
    How is the bamboo holding up on your 2014? The bamboo looks great but wondering about its durability

It is fantastic. Not a scratch or dent. And it gets compliments all the time.
    somdave2005 likes this.
    08-17-2015 09:32 AM
    I'm torn between the Motorola X Pure and the Nexus 6. The N6 is pure Android and available now. The X is supposed to be "pure Android" and not available yet.
    Only 2 more weeks .
    08-17-2015 02:50 PM
    Wait a second here. So you're saying if my car's engine is 24 inches tall and 140hp and I wanted to add 10 more HP I couldn't just make the engine 1.72" taller?
    And that's why monster cars have cut-outs and/or scoops on the hood. Engineering.
    08-17-2015 04:03 PM
    But li-ion batteries are layers so adding layers could add capacity.

Plus to back that up, look at the Droid X. You could get the original battery or the extended battery which added 1mm but have you 600mah more I believe. Then you look at the Droid RAZR and the Droid RAZR MAXX, same phones but the MAXX was slightly thicker but also 3300 mah on the MAXX (9mm) and 1750 mah on the thinner RAZR (7.1mm).
    08-17-2015 06:35 PM
    I was ready to pull the trigger on the new Moto X pure edition the day that it launched. Even though I really don't want a phone that large, it seems that would be the only one available with basically a pure Android experience. And, my 2013 Moto X has been flawless and I really like the added features that Motorola put on their phones without spoiling Android. But, now that it seems LG will be making a 5.2 inch screen Nexus, I am going to hold off on purchasing a new smartphone until that one comes out and I can check it out. It seems like that may be my ideal smartphone now.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    huntnyc likes this.
    08-17-2015 10:09 PM
96 1234