08-19-2015 07:48 AM
96 ... 234
tools
    I'm still undecided on the back but I'll be ready.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-17-2015 10:17 PM
    I was ready to pull the trigger on the new Moto X pure edition the day that it launched. Even though I really don't want a phone that large, it seems that would be the only one available with basically a pure Android experience. And, my 2013 Moto X has been flawless and I really like the added features that Motorola put on their phones without spoiling Android. But, now that it seems LG will be making a 5.2 inch screen Nexus, I am going to hold off on purchasing a new smartphone until that one comes out and I can check it out. It seems like that may be my ideal smartphone now.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    I've been using a Zenfone 2 with a 5.5 screen the last few months and I really wouldn't want to go back to anything smaller. Having said that I believe the 5.7 on the X may be as big as I'll ever want to go.
    08-17-2015 10:49 PM
    I have the Nexus and used the zf2 for awhile. I was a big proponent of the smaller devices, especially moto x 2013 but I think that I'm sold on 5.5" - 6" devices as being very great to use.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.
    08-17-2015 10:53 PM
    I was ready to pull the trigger on the new Moto X pure edition the day that it launched. Even though I really don't want a phone that large, it seems that would be the only one available with basically a pure Android experience. And, my 2013 Moto X has been flawless and I really like the added features that Motorola put on their phones without spoiling Android. But, now that it seems LG will be making a 5.2 inch screen Nexus, I am going to hold off on purchasing a new smartphone until that one comes out and I can check it out. It seems like that may be my ideal smartphone now.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    smart decision. so nice for the stock android fans this year. we pretty much have 3 choices instead of one this year ... and if you're not in the US you can throw the Moto Play in the mix.
    ewak12321 and YankInDaSouth like this.
    08-17-2015 11:10 PM
    I've been using a Zenfone 2 with a 5.5 screen the last few months and I really wouldn't want to go back to anything smaller. Having said that I believe the 5.7 on the X may be as big as I'll ever want to go.
    My biggest issue is that I work outside for my job and absolutely have to have a rugged case on my phone which makes it bigger because of that. Having a phone that is as large as the new Moto X and then putting a rugged case on it is going to make it huge. And for me, with my situation, that is just not going to work very well. So, the new 5.2 inch Nexus will probably be much closer in size to my original motox. We will see how it goes once I'm able to fondle both of them.

08-17-2015 11:57 PM
    smart decision. so nice for the stock android fans this year. we pretty much have 3 choices instead of one this year ... and if you're not in the US you can throw the Moto Play in the mix.
    Exactly! I'm really hoping that more phone manufacturers realized that having as close to a pure Android experience as possible is a great way to go. I think it would be great if companies like Samsung went the route of Motorola for their phones and then made the features that are in touch TouchWiz available for customers to download in the form of app packages. I bet they would find that more people stay with more of a stock experience. But, I think we all know that that will probably never happen.

co.ag.2005, Wildo6882 and Aquila like this.
    08-18-2015 12:00 AM
    The Motorola experience is much better than the stock Android/stock Google experience.

ewak12321 and Aquila like this.
    08-18-2015 12:01 AM

I've gotten used to the 5.5 inch screen on my oneplus one, so I can't go back to a 5.2 inch screen anymore. Moto was able to fit a 5.7 inch screen onto the body of a 5.5 inch screen, which was pretty impressive.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-18-2015 02:45 AM
    I notice a lot of you are concerned about the battery life of the X. I am, too...somewhat. But since it's an unbranded phone, you won't have to deal with so much of the manufacturers' crap running in the background. All that crap that adds to battery drain. So I don't believe a 3000 mAh battery will be a big problem. Now, the 3000 mAh battery in the Samsung Note 5 and S6+...THAT'S A HUGE PROBLEM!
    08-18-2015 09:52 AM
    But, now that it seems LG will be making a 5.2 inch screen Nexus, I am going to hold off on purchasing a new smartphone until that one comes out and I can check it out. It seems like that may be my ideal smartphone now.
    Gotta love Android for that reason alone: Choices/Options
    Evilnut likes this.
    08-18-2015 12:20 PM
    I notice a lot of you are concerned about the battery life of the X. I am, too...somewhat. But since it's an unbranded phone, you won't have to deal with so much of the manufacturers' crap running in the background. All that crap that adds to battery drain. So I don't believe a 3000 mAh battery will be a big problem. Now, the 3000 mAh battery in the Samsung Note 5 and S6+...THAT'S A HUGE PROBLEM!
    I'm not concerned.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    08-18-2015 01:13 PM
    There's a report that shows that the Note 5 has better battery life than the Note 4.

Optimizations to software means better battery life without having a huge cell.

The iPhones get good battery life by optimizing the software. Moto does as well.

My Moto X 2013 had great battery life for its size. And that's without a backup like Quick Charging.

The least worrying thing to me is battery life.

The most worrying thing:

Being quick enough to order before stocks get low!
    08-18-2015 01:34 PM
    There's a report that shows that the Note 5 has better battery life than the Note 4.

Optimizations to software means better battery life without having a huge cell.

The iPhones get good battery life by optimizing the software. Moto does as well.

My Moto X 2013 had great battery life for its size. And that's without a backup like Quick Charging.

The least worrying thing to me is battery life.

The most worrying thing:

Being quick enough to order before stocks get low!
    Good luck! I'll believe the battery life evaluation when it comes from AC testing and feedback from actual users. But, without a microSD option, it won't be on my list of future purchases, especially at $800 for the 64GB version (and probably no 128GB version at $900 - $1,000).

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    ewak12321 likes this.
    08-18-2015 02:16 PM
    I am not sure I see the value over my Droid Turbo. The smaller batter also worries me.
    08-18-2015 02:26 PM
    I am not sure I see the value over my Droid Turbo. The smaller batter also worries me.
    Presumably (hopefully) a much better camera and faster (hopefully) updates directly from Motorola (less control by Verizon). There is also the customization option if that interests you and a larger screen (may or may not be an advantage depending upon your preference).

There will also be a Droid Turbo 2 through Verizon I believe that will likely take the bigger battery and smaller screen of the Play with the faster processor, etc. of the Pure/Style. But then Verizon will have more control over updates likely. (edit: Not sure if Droid Turbo 2 will have SD card slot, I think likely so fwiw).
    08-18-2015 02:59 PM
    Good luck! I'll believe the battery life evaluation when it comes from AC testing and feedback from actual users. But, without a microSD option, it won't be on my list of future purchases, especially at $800 for the 64GB version (and probably no 128GB version at $900 - $1,000).

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    Here it is:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galax...attery_id72735

That said, no one benchmark or review will be able to accurately tell you what your own battery life will be.

3000mh is plenty if the software is intelligent enough to not be wasteful. Add to that the improvements to Android with the upcoming Marshmallow update, and I think most people will he more than fine.
    08-18-2015 03:00 PM
    Here it is:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galax...attery_id72735

That said, no one benchmark or review will be able to accurately tell you what your own battery life will be.

3000mh is plenty if the software is intelligent enough to not be wasteful. Add to that the improvements to Android with the upcoming Marshmallow update, and I think most people will he more than fine.
    The Note 4 will also get the M update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    08-18-2015 03:04 PM
    Here it is:

Galaxy Note5 battery life benchmark: Outperforms the Note 4 despite smaller battery

I looked at that chart of battery tests, and added all of the many phones I've had in the past year to it. In my experience, with my usage patterns, if I divide their battery life test number in half that's about the SOT I'll see if I use the phone off a charger all day long.

That said, I'd like to see a phonearena text of the MXPE of at least 8 hours then. When I get 4 hours or more SOT I basically no longer have to think about charging the phone during the day because that's about my usage.
    08-18-2015 03:10 PM
    My biggest issue is that I work outside for my job and absolutely have to have a rugged case on my phone which makes it bigger because of that. Having a phone that is as large as the new Moto X and then putting a rugged case on it is going to make it huge. And for me, with my situation, that is just not going to work very well. So, the new 5.2 inch Nexus will probably be much closer in size to my original motox. We will see how it goes once I'm able to fondle both of them.

I don't think you can go wrong with either. I have to replace my S4 and Nexus 4 and plan on getting the LG Nexus and either the Pure or Hauwei Nexus ... two monster upgrades considering what I'm coming from!
    Evilnut likes this.
    08-18-2015 03:13 PM
    The Motorola experience is much better than the stock Android/stock Google experience.

yeah if I had to choose if go with the Moto enhancements, more than happy with either though, especially compared to the alternative
    08-18-2015 03:16 PM
    As a current owner of a Pure Edition Moto X (2014).... I think Moto did the wrong thing by only give the US a Phablet... I'm waiting to see what the real pure edition specs out to be: The Nexus 5 2015 from LG.
    Evilnut likes this.
    08-19-2015 07:48 AM
96 ... 234