Why so cheap?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Selling direct to consumer, not advertising much, and not being OVERpriced is how they're doing it.

I'd disagree with the advertising part ... granted they don't have the marketing budget as an Apple or Samsung, but proportionately they're definitely pumping a ton of money into it ... they can thank Lenovo for that!

As stated, the direct-to-consumer distribution strategy is the reason they can afford to offer such a premium device for a more reasonable price. I imagine this trend will only continue to gain traction and other OEMs will follow suit.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
As stated, the direct-to-consumer distribution strategy is the reason they can afford to offer such a premium device for a more reasonable price. I imagine this trend will only continue to gain traction and other OEMs will follow suit.

I explained on another post or thread somewhere around here that they are basically selling direct-to-consumer at wholesale pricing. So on a per-unit basis, they are still making the same (or slightly higher) profit as they would if selling through carriers at retail prices. It's just that we, as consumers who prefer or, with Verizon's impending plan policies, need to buy outright benefit with the lower out-of-pocket cost.

The XPE is arriving at just the perfect time.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I explained on another post or thread somewhere around her that they are basically selling direct-to-consumer at wholesale pricing. So on a per-unit basis, they are still making the same (or slightly higher) profit as they would if selling through carriers at retail prices. It's just that we, as consumers who prefer or, with Verizon's impending plan policies, need to buy outright benefit with the lower out-of-pocket cost.

The XPE is arriving at just the perfect time.

yeah I read your other post, thank you. it'll be interesting to see if other companies, specifically HTC, follow suit.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Branding has a cost. You pay $11.99 for 30 Advil yet $7.99 for 100 ibuprofen. They're the same thing, its just Advil has a sleek coating, brand loyalty, and is for those consumers whom don't want to read or compare and just want to run it, pick it up, and run out.

Also all the other issue brought up, but at the end who cares what others pay, if they want to spend more for Advil or Apple instead of CVS brand or Motorola let them, jokes on them ;-)

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01