Are you guys going to get the Moto X Style/Pure or wait for the Huawei Nexus?

I've been debating this with myself. Both are going to be 5.7 inch phones and going to be pure android.
    08-05-2015 10:42 PM
    The Huawei Nexus has not yet been announced yet.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-05-2015 10:52 PM
    Yup. Hard to say which one I'd choose since the Nexus hasn't even been announced yet. Either way, with two potential Nexus devices and others like the OnePlus 2 and Moto X Style arriving soon, it will be a nice latter half of the year for stock android fans.

Posted via my S6
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-05-2015 11:14 PM
    I'm waiting to hear about the battery size and the processor in the Huawei Nexus. If it comes with at least a 3,500 mAh battery (at most 4,000 mAh) and either the Kirin 950 or the SD 820 processor for a price of $500 for 32 GB, I'm sold. Otherwise, it'll be the Pure Edition Moto X with a battery case.

Posted via the Android Central App
    somdave2005 likes this.
    08-05-2015 11:48 PM

I've been debating this with myself. Both are going to be 5.7 inch phones and going to be pure android.
    Yeah definitely want to compare the two, or possibly even the three if in fact Google releases two Nexus phones this year. I'm in need of a business and personal phone to replace my S4 and Nexus 4, so I'll probably grab the pure, see what Nexus is up to, and maybe I'll consider the mystery One Plus device. If they make a second OP2 that has wireless charging, I'd definitely consider it.

Laura Knotek and somdave2005 like this.
    08-06-2015 12:32 AM
    You can only be sure when the nexus is released, obviously.
    What I expect though, is that the only places it might be better than the moto could be the processor, the battery and having a fingerprint sensor. To me, the moto would probably be quick enough with its 808 and 3gb ram. The updates will likely be quick enough as well. And I don't care about a fingerprint scanner that much.
    So, I'm leaning towards the moto, as I expect the overall experience to be slightly better, with moto's added features. But will wait for the nexus announcement before ordering
    somdave2005 likes this.
    08-06-2015 03:25 AM

I may swing both if the Huawei is any good. Nexus devices never have great battery life in my experience, just average.

Motorola devices on the other hand, usually do pretty good. The 2013 Moto X had great battery life due to many optimizations. Google never seems to optimize their Nexus phones the way OEMs do, like Sony.
    08-06-2015 07:13 AM
    I am waiting until November to make my decision. By then I figure Android M will be on the Moto X so I can make a more direct comparison as well as determine how quickly updates really will be pushed out to the new Moto X. For me the biggest thing will be VoLTE support for Verizon. After the mess of the Moto X (2014) which was supposed to get it but then effectively cancelled I cannot deal with another phone that lacks voice and data at the same time at launch. Of course all of this is assuming the Huawei Nexus works on Verizon although I'd consider the LG one too.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-06-2015 08:54 AM
    Moto x all the way. I've had the nexus 4 for one year and the 5 for two. I'm ready for a pop of color and better build quality. As much as I love my nexus the build is cheap. That rules out the lg ( its too small anyway) and I just do not trust Huawei at this point. No tin foil hat.

Premium1 likes this.
    08-06-2015 09:51 AM
    Probably both

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    08-06-2015 10:28 AM
    Moto x all the way. I've had the nexus 4 for one year and the 5 for two. I'm ready for a pop of color and better build quality. As much as I love my nexus the build is cheap. That rules out the lg ( its too small anyway) and I just do not trust Huawei at this point. No tin foil hat.

Not to sound like a Huawei apologist, or anything, but I think you'd be wise not to rule Huawei out. I've looked at reviews both on YouTube and from real world users posting reviews on Amazon and the like, and Huawei phones get really good, verging on great feedback.

They're a company that prefers 1080P screens on the majority of their phones, because they're aware of the effect QHD has on battery; in fact, they've been quoted as saying it's useless. Also, they have some of the best, most accurate fingerprint scanners on the market. Before the S6 came out with its scanner, Huawei's was the best out there. And the build quality of their phones is actually good. I posted some videos on some of their phones for reference in the Nexus 2015 section of Upcoming & Rumored Devices. Have a look at them.

Linebarrel86 likes this.
    08-06-2015 10:32 AM
    Rumored Huawei Nexus Video

Huawei Nexus: Could this be our first glimpse of a prototype? | Android Central

Build quality looks plastic, kinda cheap? It does have fingerprint scanner
    08-06-2015 10:45 AM
    You can only be sure when the nexus is released, obviously.
    What I expect though, is that the only places it might be better than the moto could be the processor, the battery and having a fingerprint sensor. To me, the moto would probably be quick enough with its 808 and 3gb ram. The updates will likely be quick enough as well. And I don't care about a fingerprint scanner that much.
    So, I'm leaning towards the moto, as I expect the overall experience to be slightly better, with moto's added features. But will wait for the nexus announcement before ordering
    The deciding factors for me will be BATTERY LIFE...If Huawei Nexus has significantly better battery life, then I have to go with Nexus.

As for processor, Moto X should run plenty fast with it's pure android skin on 808 processor. For fingerprint scanner, it's new technology and I can wait for it to mature in next year's phones.
    leroy1703 and Premium1 like this.
    08-06-2015 10:51 AM
    Argh, even though I'm waiting on the Nexus, both Moto X's intrigue me, with Motorola's features in tow. The Pure Edition, for the dual front speakers, and the Play, for the bigger battery and the 1080P screen. I'm just not sure about the SD 615 and how efficient it is. I'm not a gamer at all, but do I really want the 615 over the higher-end 808? Also, the Play has only one speaker up front. And lastly, if I were to get it off of Motorola Canada, would it have the bands to use here in NYC on T-Mobile Prepaid? I do get HSPA+, which is T-Mobile's equivalent of 4G, on my S3. I'm really torn.

08-06-2015 10:51 AM
    The Huawei Nexus has not yet been announced yet.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    I know , but the Moto X style is coming out first, so I have to decide whether to get it right then or wait. I'm a phone junkie lol
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-06-2015 10:52 AM
    Rumored Huawei Nexus Video

Huawei Nexus: Could this be our first glimpse of a prototype? | Android Central

Build quality looks plastic, kinda cheap? It does have fingerprint scanner
    It's a prototype, not the actual device. The actual device is said to be metal unibody.

08-06-2015 10:54 AM
    It's a prototype, not the actual device. The actual device is said to be metal unibody.

yeah guess we will see...but suspect a metal unibody phone is going to cost more.
    08-06-2015 11:02 AM
    yeah guess we will see...but suspect a metal unibody phone is going to cost more.
    Yes, no doubt it will. It's the higher-end Nexus.

08-06-2015 12:09 PM
    I'm waiting to hear about the battery size and the processor in the Huawei Nexus. If it comes with at least a 3,500 mAh battery (at most 4,000 mAh) and either the Kirin 950 or the SD 820 processor for a price of $500 for 32 GB, I'm sold. Otherwise, it'll be the Pure Edition Moto X with a battery case.

I'd guess at this point there's an almost 0% chance we'll see the SD 820 in anything until next year
    08-06-2015 01:22 PM

I think both will be solid phones and it will all come down to preference since both are pretty much running stock android. That being said, not sure which camera will be better, and maybe the nexus will come with a fingerprint reader that some may want? Other than that, from specs, they seem to be pretty evenly matched. Price will also be a big determining factor as well.
    08-07-2015 06:26 PM
    I am waiting until November to make my decision. By then I figure Android M will be on the Moto X so I can make a more direct comparison as well as determine how quickly updates really will be pushed out to the new Moto X. For me the biggest thing will be VoLTE support for Verizon. After the mess of the Moto X (2014) which was supposed to get it but then effectively cancelled I cannot deal with another phone that lacks voice and data at the same time at launch. Of course all of this is assuming the Huawei Nexus works on Verizon although I'd consider the LG one too.
    Agree. Hoping both nexus come to verizon, hopefully they won't skip over them again. No reason why in this day and age, they can't make one device that works on all US carriers (look at iPhone, nexus 6, and new moto x)
    08-07-2015 06:29 PM
    Neither. My Nexus 6 rocks. I'll wait until the Nexus 2016 comes out.
    08-07-2015 07:34 PM