You wont have to call about your BYOP discount on verizon any more, because there wont be any!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Well you don't have to switch to they new plans. The old plans could be cheaper for some people especially for those with double data promotion. So the byop would still be an issue for some people

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
yeah I've definitely seen and commented on that news. just cause they announced their new plans though, doesn't mean that they don't prefer to have two year contents. with other carriers changing things up they were forced to make this decision, but it doesn't mean they did it out of preference.

Normally I would agree but since it is Verizon I will have to disagree. Verizon has zero issues doing what they want and ignoring everyone else. A little while ago they said they were fine with contracts so changing had to benefit them some way.

Just like Roll Over data -- AT&T did it so everyone expected Verizon would as well but Verizon came out and said "We aren't doing it and if we lose customers due to it oh well" (basically).

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Normally I would agree but since it is Verizon I will have to disagree. Verizon has zero issues doing what they want and ignoring everyone else. A little while ago they said they were fine with contracts so changing had to benefit them some way.

Just like Roll Over data -- AT&T did it so everyone expected Verizon would as well but Verizon came out and said "We aren't doing it and if we lose customers due to it oh well" (basically).

we'll agree to disagree then!

I just think due to the changes across the industry, this move was in their best interest, but if they had their way, all the carriers would have subsidized phones and 2 year contacts. I mean, why wouldn't they want a customer tied in for 2 years vs having the freedom to switch carriers? and why did they decide to do this after at&t and T-Mobile made the changes?

had they been proactive I'd agree with you, but this was a reaction to the current environment.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately people will still go into a store and buy the Verizon branded Samsung or Verizon branded Droid because that is what others use or that is what the store pushes on them.

Sent from my Moto X (2013)

I don't think this is unfortunate. As long as I have the ability to purchase a phone the way I want to (direct through moto), I can... If my mom wants to go to Verizon and have the nice man tell her which phone to get, (and he recommends a droid model) I'm okay with that. Everyone wins...

What I'm not okay with is the Carrier employee trying to sell something like VZ Navigator without explaining that it's already on the phone free with Google maps or other non monthly payment turn by turn navigation apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Good for at least people who hate the crappy Verizon branded ugly phones. But 99% of the people will have no clue and buy what the Verizon store guy sells, which will probably be crappy Samsung, or Droid.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
More than likely an iPhone before a Galaxy or Droid device 😊

Posted via the AC app
I don't mind if they suggest iPhone, at least it doesn't lag and has bloat, ugly carrier logos like Samsung , Droid crap. Unfortunately people will never know about great phones like Nexus, Moto X etc

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is unfortunate. As long as I have the ability to purchase a phone the way I want to (direct through moto), I can... If my mom wants to go to Verizon and have the nice man tell her which phone to get, (and he recommends a droid model) I'm okay with that. Everyone wins...

What I'm not okay with is the Carrier employee trying to sell something like VZ Navigator without explaining that it's already on the phone free with Google maps or other non monthly payment turn by turn navigation apps.

Posted via the Android Central App

Salespeople are supposed to sell stuff. VZ Navigator is stuff.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair