According to the review of the Moto G by MKBHD: Moto G 2015 Review!:

The battery life of that device didn't affect battery performance despite having an LCD display.

This should translate over well to the XPE and Style.
    08-09-2015 08:52 AM
    According to the review of the Moto G by MKBHD: Moto G 2015 Review!:

The battery life of that device didn't affect battery performance despite having an LCD display.

This should translate over well to the XPE and Style.
    You also have to factor in the bigger screen sizes, as well as the resolutions. The Moto G has a 720P display resolution, as opposed to 1080P in the Play and QHD in the Style (XPE).

Edit: MKBHD just confirmed this in his Periscope. He expects the Moto X Play to have as good a battery life as the Moto G. In fact he's not too optimistic about the battery life in the Style, because of the smaller battery and QHD screen.

Posted via the Android Central App
    thejesse likes this.
    08-09-2015 10:47 AM
    Agreed, I'm far more concerned about the increase and size and pixels than about the switch from amoled to lcd.
    08-10-2015 12:50 AM
    Agreed, I'm far more concerned about the increase and size and pixels than about the switch from amoled to lcd.
    Yes

I have the 2013 moto x and I may get the 2015 moto g or 2014 moto x

Not sure yet
    08-11-2015 08:55 PM
    The battery life of that device didn't affect battery performance
    Wut.
    Cakefish likes this.
    08-14-2015 10:15 AM
    Wut.
    I guess they meant to say battery capacity or battery size instead of battery life
    08-14-2015 10:40 AM
    Yes

I have the 2013 moto x and I may get the 2015 moto g or 2014 moto x

Not sure yet
    The 2014 Moto X is still the better of those two phones.
    Cakefish likes this.
    08-14-2015 11:22 AM
    At this point, I'm not concerned that the screen will affect the battery life too much. I think Motorola listened to their customers and probably made sure that this phone would have decent battery life. It may not be the best battery life, but I'm pretty sure it will be at least as good as my 2013 Moto X, which gets me through my day just fine. Plus, with the super fast charging that the new Moto X will have, a 10 to 15 minute session on the charger should fix things pretty quickly. Unfortunately, because they make the droid turbo for Verizon here in the states, they probably have some type of agreement with them that they cannot put that large of a battery in another phone that's sold here in the States.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    somdave2005 likes this.
    08-15-2015 09:35 PM
    At this point, I'm not concerned that the screen will affect the battery life too much. I think Motorola listened to their customers and probably made sure that this phone would have decent battery life. It may not be the best battery life, but I'm pretty sure it will be at least as good as my 2013 Moto X, which gets me through my day just fine. Plus, with the super fast charging that the new Moto X will have, a 10 to 15 minute session on the charger should fix things pretty quickly. Unfortunately, because they make the droid turbo for Verizon here in the states, they probably have some type of agreement with them that they cannot put that large of a battery in another phone that's sold here in the States.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    Or they don't want the Moto X to be thicker than it is now.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-16-2015 03:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD