US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalBIGmike

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
How would Sprint know anything about an unlocked device when they didn't even carry the Motorola X for the last TWO YEARS?

So much fail.

Posted via the Android Central App

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I think that the Moto X will launch on Sept 3rd because if you look at motorolas web site they were pushing the moto 360 on sale for 149.99 for days. If you log on today its gone you cant purchase the moto 360 first gen. So that leads me to believe that we are on par for a Sept 3rd drop date at least for the 360 but i dont think they would drop the 360 without the moto X.. I guess we will see im keepting my fingers crossed because if not I wanna see what that Xeria Z5 prime will look like because it sounds very promising at least from what i saw on evleaks on twitter..

Rem3Dy

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
How would Sprint know anything about an unlocked device when they didn't even carry the Motorola X for the last TWO YEARS?

So much fail.

Because Motorola has been working with all the carriers to accept the device on their network.....

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Huh, appears UK won't get the 16GB model. Probably for the exact reason I mentioned: it would kill off the Moto X Play.

96654fe5767c34b453d07d7deabd6a79.jpg

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Kinda sucks, knowing we could of had a cheaper version of the Style, but Motorola held back on that purely to create a reason for the Moto X Play to exist. WTF Motorola? I like my Play, don't get me wrong, but it's stupid to arbitrarily inflate the flagship's price like that.

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I think that the Moto X will launch on Sept 3rd because if you look at motorolas web site they were pushing the moto 360 on sale for 149.99 for days. If you log on today its gone you cant purchase the moto 360 first gen. So that leads me to believe that we are on par for a Sept 3rd drop date at least for the 360 but i dont think they would drop the 360 without the moto X.. I guess we will see im keepting my fingers crossed because if not I wanna see what that Xeria Z5 prime will look like because it sounds very promising at least from what i saw on evleaks on twitter..

3rd was never the day. 2nd was the day, but it's not anymore. Think unlucky numbers to get lucky. :)

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The moderator in this Google+ forum is supposedly employed by, linked to, has insider information from or has some other connection to Best Buy and is claiming, as of yesterday, that Best Buy sale "date is between the 3rd and the 6th."

I took this with a pound of salt as I don't know the source and I don't trust Best Buy.

It is interesting to note, though, that Moto updated their camera app this week to allow albums to be moved to SD cards. So they are definitely getting ready for the launch.

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Kinda sucks, knowing we could of had a cheaper version of the Style, but Motorola held back on that purely to create a reason for the Moto X Play to exist. WTF Motorola? I like my Play, don't get me wrong, but it's stupid to arbitrarily inflate the flagship's price like that.

for phone enthusiasts like us it's obviously concerning, but for Moto it's just business ... the average Joe isn't gonna even notice.

are u gonna hold onto your Play for awhile or thinking about trading it in?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll take the 13th, that's only two weeks! Although it does seem a little odd to release something on a day you can't ship things.

Yeah but most orders will be customized using Moto maker so they won't ship immediately anyway. I'm with you on it will be on a weekday and not weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I saw some of YouTube reviewers (QBKing77,Danny Winget) just start to giveaway Moto X style...it mean the phone should be out very soon..I think between 1-2 weeks from now.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah but most orders will be customized using Moto maker so they won't ship immediately anyway. I'm with you on it will be on a weekday and not weekend.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Sunday afternoon would be Monday morning in China though, right?

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have respectfully yet in all the years of devices ever recall Best Buy staff being the first source with accurate release info.

It could be Motorola does not even know and is waiting for inventory to be built up enough to start pushing to Amazon and Best Buy, as well as their own base inventory for custom orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49