US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Like many...I'm getting antsy. Credit card crying out to spend, spend, SPEND!

With Samsung and Apple strongly expected to launch and sell devices in September as well, do you think Motorola will wait much longer before giving us a BUY NOW date?

The wait is killing me. Hell, opening Moto Maker may ease the pain a bit :)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Release Date?

Like many...I'm getting antsy. Credit card crying out to spend, spend, SPEND!

With Samsung and Apple strongly expected to launch and sell devices in September as well, do you think Motorola will wait much longer before giving us a BUY NOW date?

The wait is killing me. Hell, opening Moto Maker may ease the pain a bit :)

Ah, the million dollar question......

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Same situation with Moto X Play. It's releasing this month but there's no option to preorder yet, or even any indication when it'll go on sale. It could pop up for sale tomorrow for all I know (I'd like that). At least I can play around in Moto Maker. Such a tease.

The waiting game sucks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

September and October are definitely the months for phones. Looking forward to this and the two Nexus releases. I will have one of these three phones. Leaning towards the Style right now but still have to be wary of Moto's cameras which is number 1 on my list "needs to be great".

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

New phones make me giddy. Almost like a kid again.

totally agree ... I haven't been this excited to buy any electronic device (and lord knows there's been many) in awhile. excited to play around on moto maker and get the phone in hand. haven't gotten a new phone in almost 3 years (nexus 4) so really excited.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

totally agree ... I haven't been this excited to buy any electronic device (and lord knows there's been many) in awhile. excited to play around on moto maker and get the phone in hand. haven't gotten a new phone in almost 3 years (nexus 4) so really excited.

Exactly!

The last phone that truly excited me to this near rabid degree was the Galaxy Nexus.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

The Moto X 2nd gen was released on Sept 5, 2014, a Friday. The First Gen was released at the end of August 2013, so my guess would be on Friday, Sept 11. Don't bet the mortgage.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

The Moto X 2nd gen was released on Sept 5, 2014, a Friday. The First Gen was released at the end of August 2013, so my guess would be on Friday, Sept 11. Don't bet the mortgage.

Early September would be nice. Motorola should definitely try to get out ahead of the competition.

Rydsmith

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Rumor currently has it pegged for the first Wednesday of September, so only three weeks, which would be great as I am on a 14 day trial of the Nexus 6 (wanted to get re-acquitted with a phablet) that ends the 22nd.

Judging by their track record and the track record of this leaker I'm willing to bet the house and the farm.

The camera is actually said to be better than the iPhone 6s and 6 Pluses by Dxmark, only putting it lower than the Galaxy S6 and matching the a Note 4.

I always get excited for new devices but a stock experience of Android makes me the most excited.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-style/561044-moto-x-pure-edition-release-date.html

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Rumor currently has it pegged for the first Wednesday of September, so only three weeks, which would be great as I am on a 14 day trial of the Nexus 6 (wanted to get re-acquitted with a phablet) that ends the 22nd.

Judging by their track record and the track record of this leaker I'm willing to bet the house and the farm.

The camera is actually said to be better than the iPhone 6s and 6 Pluses by Dxmark, only putting it lower than the Galaxy S6 and matching the a Note 4.

I always get excited for new devices but a stock experience of Android makes me the most excited.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-style/561044-moto-x-pure-edition-release-date.html

Posted via the Android Central App

Don't play with my emotions. I'm very vulnerable right now...

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Moto X Available Starting September 3rd.

Any news on Moto X Play, just out of curiosity?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Edit: I've done some hunting for info - 14th August for the UK according to their Facebook page! :D

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yay confirmation!

Man that one guy on the forums is dead on with his information .. crazy :cool:.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Yay confirmation!

Man that one guy on the forums is dead on with his information .. crazy :cool:.

I called this date too - but it was based purely on the fact that my Verizon update is on 9/3. Apparently someone else actually knows.

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site

Hopefully they will have the Hula Bumper available for this phone like the previous!

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Sounds great. Leaning toward black front/ash wood/light silver accents 32gb (but I might go 64gb for kicks. I have a new 64gb sd card to use too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670