09-01-2015 01:41 PM
276 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Though I doubt Sept 3 is the live date, I equally doubt the tragedy in China is related. The layoff announcement seems far more likely of a communication disruption and would explain the near complete void of darkness since the launch. Something that kills momentum is usually not by design, but by a mothership like Lenovo causing the disruption through lay-offs during their best launch event in years. Do folks here appreciate how business-nuts that is?
    08-27-2015 07:31 AM
    I have heard that the 28th is the official launch date. The chap that told me this correctly predicted the launch day of the Moto X Play here in the UK.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    08-27-2015 07:39 AM
    Though I doubt Sept 3 is the live date, I equally doubt the tragedy in China is related. The layoff announcement seems far more likely of a communication disruption and would explain the near complete void of darkness since the launch. Something that kills momentum is usually not by design, but by a mothership like Lenovo causing the disruption through lay-offs during their best launch event in years. Do folks here appreciate how business-nuts that is?
    Clocks and jephanie like this.
    08-27-2015 07:48 AM
    Void of darkness? Nope. They've been promoting the Moto G since it's actually available. Moto X will get its turn.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-27-2015 08:56 AM
    first of all, the sept 3 tweet was a mistake, so technically there's no delay. assuming moto planned to release it sooner though, the tragedy in China would seem like a much better reason for a delay than Chicago layoffs. I mean, how exactly does the firing of 500 software engineers cause a delay in distribution? also, I live in the US, and as upsetting it is to see people lose their job, especially at the hands of a foreign company, I don't think it'll have any significant impact on sales. aside from friends and family of those impacted, which is probably somewhere around .0001% of consumers, it won't impact Moto at all.
    08-27-2015 08:59 AM
    I never said Sept 3 was the date. Moto said Fall. Just saying that given the impact in Chicago it would make Sept 3 even more unlikely. Supply chain jobs were also zapped in Chicago and not just engineers.

Funny though trying to apply conjecture of what happened in China as "fact" and use that as a standard asserting the layoffs are not. Seems a double standard of two conjectures. BTW, love the JLaw GIF. She is a fellow Kentuckian

As far as the Moto X Play, isn't that product being pushed more from outside the US until the Verizon model later perhaps this year?
    jephanie likes this.
    08-27-2015 09:24 AM
    I never said Sept 3 was the date. Moto said Fall. Just saying that given the impact in Chicago it would make Sept 3 even more unlikely. Supply chain jobs were also zapped in Chicago and not just engineers.

Funny though trying to apply conjecture of what happened in China as "fact" and use that as a standard asserting the layoffs are not. Seems a double standard of two conjectures. BTW, love the JLaw GIF. She is a fellow Kentuckian

As far as the Moto X Play, isn't that product being pushed more from outside the US until the Verizon model later perhaps this year?
    I should've mentioned that I do agree Lenovo picked a bad time for the layoffs. Whether or not it'll affect their bottom line is irrelevant, it's just not a smart idea from a public relations standpoint to create such bad publicity after what has been a successful launch event.
    08-27-2015 10:27 AM
    There was never an official release date though. The September 3rd date was deleted and they kept with the "Fall 2015" release date. Nothing is officially being pushed back
    first of all, the sept 3 tweet was a mistake, so technically there's no delay. assuming moto planned to release it sooner though, the tragedy in China would seem like a much better reason for a delay than Chicago layoffs. I mean, how exactly does the firing of 500 software engineers cause a delay in distribution? also, I live in the US, and as upsetting it is to see people lose their job, especially at the hands of a foreign company, I don't think it'll have any significant impact on sales. aside from friends and family of those impacted, which is probably somewhere around .0001% of consumers, it won't impact Moto at all.
    Sorry, I don't agree with this. This was a public announcement from the maker of the phone. Whether it was deleted or not it was still publicly announced and out there for everyone to see. Every website covered it. This isn't like some random third party finding some date in a re-sellers database somewhere and put on the internet as a rumor of when the thing will launch...this was straight from the manufacturer. IF this wasn't the date then imo the responsible thing that the company should have done was say that the announcement was a mistake and while we have no official date to announce....it'll be coming later this fall.

I hope we don't have to wait too much longer. If Moto doesn't get the Pure edition released in a timely manner, I might be getting a Nexus instead (if that's out sooner).
    Same... I was actually expecting to have ordered this before the Nexus is even announced. I'm gonna guess that won't be the case now and I'll probably have a decision to make in about a month.
    Saturn1217 and MoPhoMan like this.
    08-27-2015 10:35 AM
    Funny though trying to apply conjecture of what happened in China as "fact" and use that as a standard asserting the layoffs are not. Seems a double standard of two conjectures.
    Given the info I share, don't you think it's in the realm of possibility that I would happen to know the real reason?
    Laura Knotek, jephanie and nemov like this.
    08-27-2015 11:06 AM
    I am sure that Lenovo is trying to do away with duplication and is going to take over logistics from Moto. They should have waited until the first of the year when all the busy selling season is over.
    08-27-2015 11:27 AM
    I am sure that Lenovo is trying to do away with duplication and is going to take over logistics from Moto. They should have waited until the first of the year when all the busy selling season is over.
    I agree with you and it might be happening in the background while all this is going on.

Motorola had horrible go live last year and they were sold out and backordered in a matter of minutes...maybe they are trying to make sure they have enough units this year ?
    DC Wuff and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-27-2015 11:57 AM
    Don't know if this will help, but the moto x style will launch in China on Sep 8 according to a statement made by Lenovo today.
    08-27-2015 12:28 PM
    Given the info I share, don't you think it's in the realm of possibility that I would happen to know the real reason?
    makes sense to me ... people probably don't remember, but in the US, actually across the globe business came to a halt after 9/11
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-27-2015 12:32 PM
    But of course and so could the layoffs be a factor- hence the point
    noobsquared likes this.
    08-27-2015 12:54 PM
    I agree with you and it might be happening in the background while all this is going on.

Motorola had horrible go live last year and they were sold out and backordered in a matter of minutes...maybe they are trying to make sure they have enough units this year ?
    Motorola supply chain is- to quote a great line in new the Mad Max movie: Mediocre.
    noobsquared likes this.
    08-27-2015 12:55 PM
    Motorola supply chain is- to quote a great line in new the Mad Max movie: Mediocre.
    No kidding. I'm having flashbacks from last year. I sold my S6 Edge and just posted my G4 in marketplace to get ready for Moto X but I forgot the nightmare of ordering the first day and waiting 3 weeks to get the phone! On a positive note...at least I don't have to wait for an invite lol
    08-27-2015 02:32 PM
    Wasn't there some new Lenovo/Motorola business news this morning? Not sure how that affects things. Something about putting their Lenovo mobile people into the Motorola brand.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    08-27-2015 04:06 PM
    Yep, but those type of changes usually take time to coordinate. More the reason to wonder about the layoff timing during the launch phase of new products.
    08-27-2015 05:34 PM
    Here is the Link:
    Lenovo's folding its own smartphone division into Motorola

Lenovo is giving Motorola everything Mobile. They are doing away with Lenovo mobile
    08-28-2015 12:06 AM
    Here is the Link:
    Lenovo's folding its own smartphone division into Motorola

Lenovo is giving Motorola everything Mobile. They are doing away with Lenovo mobile
    so they're getting rid of the moto employees, replacing them with lenovo people, but still saying it's moto

call me crazy, but I'd think if you want moto to be moto, and have it replace lenovo mobile, you'd want to do the exact opposite
    08-28-2015 12:22 AM
    Does Verizon wait until the Pure is released to show us the Droid Turbo 2 or will they be released together? Seems like the Droid Turbo 2 would be a competitor to the Pure. For sure it will be an "enhanced" version of the Pure, with additional features like wireless charging, but won't offer any customization. Any prior history on this with previous Droid model releases?
    08-28-2015 03:06 AM
    The turbo was released after the moto x 2014.. I'm not sure which got released first but I'm pretty sure the 2013 moto x was announced first then the 2013 Droids
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    08-28-2015 03:21 AM
    Just did a quick Google search and found this disappointing fact: the fall of 2015 begins on Sep 23. With the official statement from moto, the phone will be out in Fall, so ...

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-28-2015 08:32 AM
    Absolutely no news at all from Motorola regarding a Moto X Pure Edition release date. Absolutely nothing. No prices, no preorder option. No nothing. Great job Motorola. Thanks for nothing.
    08-28-2015 08:47 AM
    They said September. It isn't September.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-28-2015 08:48 AM
276 ... 45678 ...