09-01-2015 01:41 PM
276 ... 56789 ...
tools
    In 2013, the Droids were announced in late July and the original Moto X on August 1. The Droid could be bought in store in late August and the Moto X in early September with MotoMaker available in early November.

For 2014, things were reversed with the Moto X announced and released in August and the Droid Turbo in October.
    08-28-2015 08:58 AM
    I'm getting impatient, too. I think the issue here is more of their choice in timing between announcement date and release date. They had to do their full device announcement prior to the release date of their first (true flagship) devices. Meanwhile, the XPE was always known to be at the end of their logistical pipeline and, hence, would suffer a noticeable lag between announcement and launch date.

So, yeah, the silence on the XPE isn't helping those of us anxious to get it but it was apparently always intended to be an "icing on the cake" kind of device and not their main focus (ie bread winner).

Consider this an excellent opportunity to learn patience. And believe me--I'm struggling to get there myself.
    travaz likes this.
    08-28-2015 09:00 AM
    They said September. It isn't September.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Boom

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    jephanie likes this.
    08-28-2015 09:03 AM
    I'm getting impatient, too. I think the issue here is more of their choice in timing between announcement date and release date. They had to do their full device announcement prior to the release date of their first (true flagship) devices. Meanwhile, the XPE was always known to be at the end of their logistical pipeline and, hence, would suffer a noticeable lag between announcement and launch date.

So, yeah, the silence on the XPE isn't helping those of us anxious to get it but it was apparently always intended to be an "icing on the cake" kind of device and not their main focus (ie bread winner).

Consider this an excellent opportunity to learn patience. And believe me--I'm struggling to get there myself.
    At July's global event, Motorola announced availability of the Moto G immediately, Moto X Play in August, and Moto X Style in September.

And it's not yet September.

mabr82, happasaiyan and jephanie like this.
    08-28-2015 09:08 AM
    How many of these kind of threads do we need?
    Ry, happasaiyan, jephanie and 1 others like this.
    08-28-2015 09:09 AM
    At July's global event, Motorola announced availability of the Moto G immediately, Moto X Play in August, and Moto X Style in September.

And it's not yet September.

I know. I was agreeing with that.
    08-28-2015 09:14 AM
    Motorola's website says $399. They tweeted Sep 3 then pulled the tweet but other Android sites have followed up and confirmed that day.

They have been far from silent. On Google+ many of the engineers have been posting photo samples, etc. They are very excited about this phone. You just haven't been listening in the right places.

Six days and counting. It will be here before you know it.
    08-28-2015 09:21 AM
    They have been far from silent. On Google+ many of the engineers have been posting photo samples, etc. They are very excited about this phone. You just haven't been listening in the right places.
    I've heard of Google+. LOL

Any chance of some links? I'd love to see some samples. It's been difficult finding too many out there.
    08-28-2015 09:49 AM
    08-28-2015 10:12 AM
    Our friendly local source of moto news has told us it will not be released until mid September. Its in the other release date thread.
    Ry likes this.
    08-28-2015 10:33 AM
    Motorola's website says $399. They tweeted Sep 3 then pulled the tweet but other Android sites have followed up and confirmed that day.

Other Android sites didn't confirm it, they all just reblogged the same Sept 3rd tweet story, which looks like it definitely won't happen. I'm expecting another few weeks of wait.

Ry likes this.
    08-28-2015 10:39 AM
    Verizon has probably got their grubby little paws in on this...they want the Droids released first so people will buy those and Verizon can make MORE MONEY!!!! They don't want more people buying the pure over the Droids, and most people will do just that because they don't follow these forums.
    08-28-2015 11:08 AM
    Motorola got it right this year. They listened to the customer. Waterproofing, SD card, removable battery, 21 megapixel camera, unlocked, and fast updates straight from Motorola, and 400 price tag. =winner. Motorola x pure gets my money next week.

08-28-2015 12:14 PM
    I hope its next week. Never had a Moto before, but was won over with what they're doing. However, I need a new phone and don't want to be in release limbo when other options can be considered. If this release bleeds into Nexus release, surely Moto knows that it will lose customers.
    08-28-2015 12:17 PM
    Motorola got it right this year. They listened to the customer. Waterproofing, SD card, removable battery, 21 megapixel camera, unlocked, and fast updates straight from Motorola, and 400 price tag. =winner. Motorola x pure gets my money next week.

The battery is not removable.
    08-28-2015 12:39 PM
    Just got this yesterday when questioning Motorola:

Discussion Thread
    Via Email 08/27/2015 05:26 PM
    Hello Jim,

This is Jxxxxxxxx and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I was reading your email and we are really thankful for your interest in the Moto Pure, we want you to be part of the Motorola Family.

At this moment Jim we do not have an specific time or date for the launch of this great phone, we really care and we do not want to set t he wrong expectation about this, I will suggest you to keep an eye on the forums or the Motorola web site for you to check for any good news!

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home
    Motorola US: Android smartphones, Moto 360 smartwatch, cell phones

Please do not hesitate in contact us back if you need further help.

Kind regards,
    Jxxxxxxxx M.
    Motorola Tech Support
    -------------------------------------------
    Didn't want to bag her so that's why I did the Jxxxxxxxx
    08-28-2015 12:56 PM
    Absolutely no news at all from Motorola regarding a Moto X Pure Edition release date. Absolutely nothing. No prices, no preorder option. No nothing. Great job Motorola. Thanks for nothing.
    We didn't get release date news about Moto X Play until a week before the European launch (which was then delayed by a few days).

I have heard the release date is the 28th September.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    08-28-2015 01:21 PM
    Pitchforks and lanterns are being handed out to the townspeople for the march to Moto Castle.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-28-2015 01:45 PM
    Pitchforks and lanterns are being handed out to the townspeople for the march to Moto Castle.
    Not needed.

08-28-2015 02:06 PM
    Nor is it water proof. It is water resistant.
    08-28-2015 02:18 PM
    No news, is no news.
    We're now one month post announcement.
    I've concluded they either discovered a major flaw, or all ours were in the port explosion at Tianjin.

How come my stupid Sammy keyboard can predict Tianjin but not my name after two years?
    Anthony_NE and GeordieAffy like this.
    08-28-2015 02:22 PM
    No news, is no news.
    We're now one month post announcement.
    I've concluded they either discovered a major flaw, or all ours were in the port explosion at Tianjin.

How come my stupid Sammy keyboard can predict Tianjin but not my name after two years?
    It is annoying how they've announced the phone but have no release date. You don't really see other companies do this
    bigbuc likes this.
    08-28-2015 03:07 PM
    Be... Because you want a phone?

XT1060
    happasaiyan and jimd1050 like this.
    08-28-2015 03:41 PM
    It is annoying how they've announced the phone but have no release date. You don't really see other companies do this
    It is odd. The phone manufacturers HAVE to know the pre-sales buzz drives us to buy.
    Pre-sales "hands on reviews" are like free ads... rarely do you see a truly negative review. You have to dig through several reviews to get an honest picture of the phones.
    I suspect because the reviewers want to keep getting phones.

So if they all blew up, there'd still be some available for review.
    So there must be a major design flaw.
    I doubt they are adding a fingerprint reader, usb-c or anything like that...
    I'll say 65% design flaw, 30% they blew up in port, 3% marketing psychology, 2% adding goodness to the phone.
    08-28-2015 07:34 PM
    Occam's razor, supply chain meeting the demand for the new G. I agree they have lost momentum though.
    08-28-2015 08:28 PM
276 ... 56789 ...