US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Deafening Silence from Motorola

Motorola's website says $399. They tweeted Sep 3 then pulled the tweet but other Android sites have followed up and confirmed that day.

They have been far from silent. On Google+ many of the engineers have been posting photo samples, etc. They are very excited about this phone. You just haven't been listening in the right places.

Six days and counting. It will be here before you know it.

Other Android sites didn't confirm it, they all just reblogged the same Sept 3rd tweet story, which looks like it definitely won't happen. I'm expecting another few weeks of wait.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Available September 3rd [RUMOR]

Verizon has probably got their grubby little paws in on this...they want the Droids released first so people will buy those and Verizon can make MORE MONEY!!!! They don't want more people buying the pure over the Droids, and most people will do just that because they don't follow these forums.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Motorola got it right this year. They listened to the customer. Waterproofing, SD card, removable battery, 21 megapixel camera, unlocked, and fast updates straight from Motorola, and 400 price tag. =winner. Motorola x pure gets my money next week.

Jason Keller

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I hope its next week. Never had a Moto before, but was won over with what they're doing. However, I need a new phone and don't want to be in release limbo when other options can be considered. If this release bleeds into Nexus release, surely Moto knows that it will lose customers.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Motorola got it right this year. They listened to the customer. Waterproofing, SD card, removable battery, 21 megapixel camera, unlocked, and fast updates straight from Motorola, and 400 price tag. =winner. Motorola x pure gets my money next week.

The battery is not removable.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

Just got this yesterday when questioning Motorola:

Discussion Thread
Via Email 08/27/2015 05:26 PM
Hello Jim,

This is Jxxxxxxxx and it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I was reading your email and we are really thankful for your interest in the Moto Pure, we want you to be part of the Motorola Family.

At this moment Jim we do not have an specific time or date for the launch of this great phone, we really care and we do not want to set t he wrong expectation about this, I will suggest you to keep an eye on the forums or the Motorola web site for you to check for any good news!

https://forums.motorola.com/pages/home
Motorola US: Android smartphones, Moto 360 smartwatch, cell phones

Please do not hesitate in contact us back if you need further help.

Kind regards,
Jxxxxxxxx M.
Motorola Tech Support
-------------------------------------------
Didn't want to bag her so that's why I did the Jxxxxxxxx

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Absolutely no news at all from Motorola regarding a Moto X Pure Edition release date. Absolutely nothing. No prices, no preorder option. No nothing. Great job Motorola. Thanks for nothing.
We didn't get release date news about Moto X Play until a week before the European launch (which was then delayed by a few days).

I have heard the release date is the 28th September.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site

No news, is no news.
We're now one month post announcement.
I've concluded they either discovered a major flaw, or all ours were in the port explosion at Tianjin.

How come my stupid Sammy keyboard can predict Tianjin but not my name after two years?

Last edited:

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

No news, is no news.
We're now one month post announcement.
I've concluded they either discovered a major flaw, or all ours were in the port explosion at Tianjin.

How come my stupid Sammy keyboard can predict Tianjin but not my name after two years?

It is annoying how they've announced the phone but have no release date. You don't really see other companies do this

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site

It is annoying how they've announced the phone but have no release date. You don't really see other companies do this
It is odd. The phone manufacturers HAVE to know the pre-sales buzz drives us to buy.
Pre-sales "hands on reviews" are like free ads... rarely do you see a truly negative review. You have to dig through several reviews to get an honest picture of the phones.
I suspect because the reviewers want to keep getting phones.

So if they all blew up, there'd still be some available for review.
So there must be a major design flaw.
I doubt they are adding a fingerprint reader, usb-c or anything like that...
I'll say 65% design flaw, 30% they blew up in port, 3% marketing psychology, 2% adding goodness to the phone.

Rem3Dy

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

It is odd. The phone manufacturers HAVE to know the pre-sales buzz drives us to buy.
Pre-sales "hands on reviews" are like free ads... rarely do you see a truly negative review. You have to dig through several reviews to get an honest picture of the phones.
I suspect because the reviewers want to keep getting phones.

So if they all blew up, there'd still be some available for review.
So there must be a major design flaw.
I doubt they are adding a fingerprint reader, usb-c or anything like that...
I'll say 65% design flaw, 30% they blew up in port, 3% marketing psychology, 2% adding goodness to the phone.

Or none of those things, because Motorola said in September and it isn't September yet.

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if I have wait a little longer to get the phone in hand but it would be really wise of Motorola to get some review units out to let reviews keep the hype going and not get swallowed by iPhone mania (although admittedly moto x probably isn't competing that much with the iPhone but still).

I basically just want to know if this phone is as good as it seems. Since software is pretty much known I am OK with basing my purchase on reviews rather than hands on experience. I just need to know if this is my next phone, preferably BEFORE the nexus arrives to confuse me.

Posted via Android Central App

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Verizon has probably got their grubby little paws in on this...they want the Droids released first so people will buy those and Verizon can make MORE MONEY!!!! They don't want more people buying the pure over the Droids, and most people will do just that because they don't follow these forums.
Yeah right because one useless carrier wants to sell their crappy carrier branded phone, Motorola will delay the unlocked, unbranded model? They said they will release in September and will do.

As far as Verizon they got the Moto X play as Droid variant so that they can mess up, uglify it and do whatever they want.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie