11-19-2015 06:37 PM
311 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Has anyone seen a good explanation of the feel of the silicone back? I'm assuming it has the same amount of tack as a soft touch material with some texture to it? Just don't want something that grabs on to the inside of my pocket.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-03-2015 06:18 PM
    They need new champagne trim immediately or I will burst into flames........

My first order was rejected because of suspected credit card fraud because they thought it was too high an amount to pay at once.

I retried it after work but too late.
    09-03-2015 06:40 PM
    The Moto X Pure is very exciting to me for several reasons. Since I live in the middle of nowhere, Verizon is the only reasonable wireless carrier option and the idea of a fully customizable phone with expandable storage that I can also root is just not something that happens. I have last year's Moto X and I love it (except for the standard Verizon bloat, branding, and other bologna).

The one thing that I'm missing on the Pure is the purple accents I've come to love so much on my current X. I've also noticed a lack of green accent option. What accent colors or back plates are you all missing this year? What is your perfect, but unavailable, style combination?
    09-04-2015 12:52 PM
    im torn between this two backs, and i want to know the owners impressions who have one of the above backs and how durable and grippy are both backs
    09-14-2015 12:48 PM
    I'm coming from the Gen 1 Moto X with a soft touch back. The bamboo is slippery as hell. I like to set my phone on the arm of the couch I'm sitting on, and it'll slide right off if it's on an angle. I like it, but NOT grippy.

ewak12321, dmark44 and undertrip like this.
    09-14-2015 12:50 PM
    I went with the bamboo and would have to agree it is pretty slippery. I'm using the bumper that came with and it helps though. Might be a little scared to go necked with the bamboo. Love the look though!
    myriad46 likes this.
    09-14-2015 02:52 PM
    Agreed on the bamboo being slick. I'm using the bumper too. Xtremeguard has a 90% off sale right now so I got a couple of their clear back skins...that should add enough grip for me.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-14-2015 02:55 PM
    Does anyone have the slate color? If so could you please post pictures so I can see what it really looks like? I heard it looks different in person than it does on the moto maker site. Thanks!

09-14-2015 05:01 PM
    09-14-2015 05:24 PM
    Does anyone have the slate color? If so could you please post pictures so I can see what it really looks like? I heard it looks different in person than it does on the moto maker site. Thanks!

Mine is supposed to be here in a couple days. Black front, slate back, red trim. I'll snap a pic if you haven't found one by then.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk
    mattdamiz85 likes this.
    09-14-2015 05:55 PM
    I have a black/slate/dark metal trim on the way too this week. I haven't seen a great hands on photo of the slate so I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'll upload some side by sides with my ash grey back too.
    mattdamiz85 likes this.
    09-14-2015 06:16 PM
    Thanks guys! That would be awesome. I was hoping it would be a light gray. I don't mind a slight blue tint but hope its not baby blue or anything that extreme.

09-14-2015 07:32 PM
    Just got my slate back today. Love the phone so far and he's an OK pic of the back taken with my wife's iPhone 5c

Attached Thumbnails Moto X Style (Moto X Pure Edition): Moto Maker Customizations-2107.jpg  
    09-14-2015 07:44 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply! I feel better about my decision now. I was worried about it being too bluish. I went with champagne gold accents thinking it was gray. I guess if it comes in too fugly I'll just use my one do-over.

09-14-2015 08:30 PM
    So I ordered the cognac leather and originally expected it to be here tomorrow but due to some recent short comings on Motorola's part I'm not sure when I will see my new phone. I'm curious what it might look like and would love some help from someone that has the cognac already. If anyone out there already has the cognac leather back and is willing to post pictures of it I would greatly appreciate it, I can't find anything online. Thank you in advance for your time and generosity.
    The Harrington likes this.
    09-14-2015 09:38 PM
    Also, I really haven't seen much about how the new leather feels in comparison to last years model. Does it still have the same quality, just different texture? Or is it a thinner leather that doesn't feel at all the same, like the G4?
    09-14-2015 09:41 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply! I feel better about my decision now. I was worried about it being too bluish. I went with champagne gold accents thinking it was gray. I guess if it comes in too fugly I'll just use my one do-over.

Omfg every time I edit my posts it gets deleted automatically.

Anyway, I don't want to post a link to another android site's video, but android authority has an unboxing video of a slate back. I also ordered a slate back (black w blueblue accents) and seeing that video made me feel like I made the right decision.
    09-14-2015 09:45 PM
    Omfg every time I edit my posts it gets deleted automatically.

Anyway, I don't want to post a link to another android site's video, but android authority has an unboxing video of a slate back. I also ordered a slate back (black w blueblue accents) and seeing that video made me feel like I made the right decision.
    Yeah that video has me confused. I wonder if that's really the dark teal and they said slate by mistake.
    09-15-2015 12:27 AM
    Yes I was wondering the same thing.

09-15-2015 07:20 AM
    I've seen tons of videos and pictures of that back, and almost every one looks different. Crazy.

mattdamiz85 likes this.
    09-15-2015 07:37 AM
    I second that. I am waiting for one with the black leather back and will be very surprised if it arrives on Friday as scheduled. Have seen very few people posting pics or discussing the leather so wondering if the anticipated delay is because I ordered leather. Any pictures or comments about the leather would be appreciated.
    09-15-2015 09:08 AM
    i have ad my cognac leather moto x pure for about 4 days and its not what i expected the leather is not soft at all it almost feels dried out and super thin. In addition the cross hatching was suppose to make it more durable and i can see some scratches already.. i was having other issues with my device so i processed an exchange and i decided to go with the base soft silcon back. i expected the leather to feel nice to the touch but it feels really fragile. I hate to burst the bubble guys..
    The Harrington and co.ag.2005 like this.
    09-15-2015 09:41 AM
    I love mine.

While its not nearly as soft as the 2014s Moto X, its still quite nice. Definetly feels more durable.
    diesel97 likes this.
    09-15-2015 10:15 AM
    i have ad my cognac leather moto x pure for about 4 days and its not what i expected the leather is not soft at all it almost feels dried out and super thin. In addition the cross hatching was suppose to make it more durable and i can see some scratches already.. i was having other issues with my device so i processed an exchange and i decided to go with the base soft silcon back. i expected the leather to feel nice to the touch but it feels really fragile. I hate to burst the bubble guys..
    got pics of it anyway? I ordered a CSR back and a cognac leather back. That way I can test both out and keep the one that feels the best.
    09-15-2015 11:25 AM
    got pics of it anyway? I ordered a CSR back and a cognac leather back. That way I can test both out and keep the one that feels the best.
    il take some pics but most of the issue is with feel though other then some minimal nicks
    09-16-2015 01:42 PM
311 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD