11-19-2015 05:37 PM
311 ... 910111213
tools
    got pics of it anyway? I ordered a CSR back and a cognac leather back. That way I can test both out and keep the one that feels the best.
    its hard to see but if you look close its there..

Moto X Style (Moto X Pure Edition): Moto Maker Customizations-zpfile001.jpg

Moto X Style (Moto X Pure Edition): Moto Maker Customizations-zpfile000.jpg
    co.ag.2005 and jephanie like this.
    09-16-2015 12:48 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zpfile001.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	557.9 KB 
ID:	197076

Name:	zpfile000.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	639.6 KB 
ID:	197077
    thanks! my cognac leather one arrived today. Still getting a feel for it. Part of me likes it but I never got to experience the 2014 in leather. It does feel thin and cheap for leather, but I love the look of the leather with champagne trim/back! (that's what mine was too)
    Riccardo C likes this.
    09-16-2015 12:57 PM
    thanks! my cognac leather one arrived today. Still getting a feel for it. Part of me likes it but I never got to experience the 2014 in leather. It does feel thin and cheap for leather, but I love the look of the leather with champagne trim/back! (that's what mine was too)
    just make sure you use more then just the bumper that came with the phone...because it will get scratched up pretty quick and to think its more fragile than an s6
    09-16-2015 02:24 PM
    just make sure you use more then just the bumper that came with the phone...because it will get scratched up pretty quick and to think its more fragile than an s6
    good to know. I don't really like that bumper at all but I didn't know the leather would scratch badly. I love the look and feel of the phone, but may have to keep my CSR back phone if this one is going to be that fragile
    09-16-2015 02:28 PM
    I'm kind of hoping my leather gets a little ruffed up a bit to give some feel to it
    09-16-2015 02:54 PM
    I was making my device and tried to add it to my cart and got this error:

{"items":[{"name":"Activation Kits - TMO","inTheBox":null,"availability":"IN_STOCK","madeToOrder":false,"bbyVendorCode":null,"isBundle":false,"isVariant":false,"orderableVariants":null,"ecoTax":null,"levyTax":null,"masterID":"SJYN1579A","variationAttributes":[],"usesATPLookup":true,"images":{"270":["/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-motorola_master_catalog/default/dwa6384347/Products/SIM card logos/SIMCardLogo_TMobile.png"],"540":[],"655":[],"logo":[]},"pricingQualifier":null,"pricemodel":{},"netPrice":{},"basePrice":{},"unitPrice":{},"price":"$5.00","priceValue":5,"priceLineItem":5,"priceLineItemVal":{},"proratedPrice":5,"proratedPriceVal":{},"categories":{"product-type-accessories":{"ID":"product-type-accessories","name":"Accesory Type Products","online":false,"image":null,"URL":null}},"isWarranty":false,"displayImage":"/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-motorola_master_catalog/default/dwa6384347/Products/SIM card logos/SIMCardLogo_TMobile.png","routingResource":false,"quantityRestricted":false,"uuid":"bcwYciaaiyMaUaaadnZhF00Cft","basketUUID":null,"ID":"SJYN1579A","quantity":1,"warehouseCode":"CN3","requiresActivation":false,"promiseDate":"2015-09-25T05:00:00.000Z","originalPromiseDate":"2015-09-25T05:00:00.000Z","carrierMonthlyFeatureCharges":{},"carrierActivationFeatureInfo":[],"priceAdjustments":[],"isBonusProduct":false}],"devices":[],"isUnlocked":true,"hasMadeToOrderProduct":false,"isPrepayment":false,"itemCount":1,"isEmpty":false,"subtotal":{},"subtotalnet":{},"adsMinPayment":"$25.00","monthPrice":"$25.00","subtotal2":{},"subtotalnet2":{},"grossSubtotal":{},"totalTax2":{},"totalTaxAdjusted":{},"totalTax":{},"subtotalShipping":{},"totalShipping":{},"totalCost":{},"totalGrossCost":5,"isNoPayment":true,"monthlyServiceCharge":{},"totalMonthlyServiceCharge":{},"priceAdjustments":[],"discounts":{},"totalDiscounts":{},"totalDiscountsNet":{},"hasDiscounts":false,"coupons":[],"companionItemCount":1,"shipment":{"ID":"me","price":"N/A","trackingNumber":null,"shipmentDate":null,"carrier":null,"items":["bcwYciaaiyMaUaaadnZhF00Cft"],"status":"NOTSHIPPED","externalShippingMethodID":""},"isShippingFree":true,"shippingMethods":[],"customerEmail":null}
    09-18-2015 02:03 PM
    I did the black with black leather back. Have had my phone for a week and love it. So sexy!
    09-19-2015 07:19 AM
    I want me leather with the used look as well.
    09-19-2015 07:22 AM
    Slate. It goes from darkish like this to a little lighter in direct sunlight. (the following two pics are the same slate phone, the second one also has charcoal ash wood next to it).

Dark room

Direct sunlight bouncing off it
    jephanie likes this.
    09-19-2015 08:09 AM
    so just to add to my last comment about the leather back .. my daughter handed me my phone from the table and was eating chips with greasy hands. well i have 3 finger sized dark spots on my leather from the grease and i tried water on a wet paper towel to get it out and no luck .. So i have 3 permanent dark spots on my phone.. i will 100 percent ditch the leather and go with the silicon back....
    09-19-2015 04:02 PM

Name:	zpfile001.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	557.9 KB 
ID:	197076

Name:	zpfile000.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	639.6 KB 
ID:	197077
    so just to add to my last comment about the leather back .. my daughter handed me my phone from the table and was eating chips with greasy hands. well i have 3 finger sized dark spots on my leather from the grease and i tried water on a wet paper towel to get it out and no luck .. So i have 3 permanent dark spots on my phone.. i will 100 percent ditch the leather and go with the silicon back...
    ewak12321 likes this.
    09-19-2015 04:15 PM
    so just to add to my last comment about the leather back .. my daughter handed me my phone from the table and was eating chips with greasy hands. well i have 3 finger sized dark spots on my leather from the grease and i tried water on a wet paper towel to get it out and no luck .. So i have 3 permanent dark spots on my phone.. i will 100 percent ditch the leather and go with the silicon back....
    ..that's how leather is going to be.
    thejesse likes this.
    09-19-2015 05:49 PM
    I'm coming from the Gen 1 Moto X with a soft touch back. The bamboo is slippery as hell. I like to set my phone on the arm of the couch I'm sitting on, and it'll slide right off if it's on an angle. I like it, but NOT grippy.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I have the exact couch problem with the CSR back. It holds on to the leather armrest better screen down. I'm definitely a little disappointed the CSR isn't grippier. Maybe with time it'll break in a little.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-19-2015 08:24 PM
    I have had my Moto pure for 3 days and I love it so far cept for the small speaker crackling /static problem I may have so I might use this as a opportunity to use my re do and go from my walnut wood back to the deep sea blue but I don't know what it looks like in real life.. If anyone has the deep sea blue back would you mind posting a pic of it so I can get a feel for the Color? Id really appreciate it!
    09-21-2015 06:15 PM
    I have had my Moto pure for 3 days and I love it so far cept for the small speaker crackling /static problem I may have so I might use this as a opportunity to use my re do and go from my walnut wood back to the deep sea blue but I don't know what it looks like in real life.. If anyone has the deep sea blue back would you mind posting a pic of it so I can get a feel for the Color? Id really appreciate it!
    Better. Watch a video of it.

Looks really nice in the video and pics I have seen but unfortunatly I think I'm going to have to buy the standard Black SCR back from Amazon as its $77 cheaper here in the UK than a MotoMaker phone with identical specs.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    jephanie likes this.
    09-22-2015 01:20 AM
    so just to add to my last comment about the leather back .. my daughter handed me my phone from the table and was eating chips with greasy hands. well i have 3 finger sized dark spots on my leather from the grease and i tried water on a wet paper towel to get it out and no luck .. So i have 3 permanent dark spots on my phone.. i will 100 percent ditch the leather and go with the silicon back...
    You can probably clean that with leather conditioner. A lot of people like the way ages, they feel imperfections give it character. Others prefer their leather to remain pristine. To reach their own.

09-22-2015 12:32 PM
    You can probably clean that with leather conditioner. A lot of people like the way ages, they feel imperfections give it character. Others prefer their leather to remain pristine. To reach their own.

I dont only after 5 days, maybe after 6 months or so but i traded it in for a silicon back verison and i like it alot more... the feel and the durability.. I have another question for you guys with the nexus droping on the 29th should i return my device and get a nexus?
    09-23-2015 10:09 AM
    I have another question for you guys with the nexus droping on the 29th should i return my device and get a nexus?
    If you want sure -- This is more of a personal decision.
    09-23-2015 11:32 AM
    If you want sure -- This is more of a personal decision.
    i know it is but im trying to get opinions on that decisions because i only have 2 days left to return the phone... i like my second unit alot better but the new lg nexus with have alot of the same features with a fingerprint scanner
    09-23-2015 12:05 PM
    i know it is but im trying to get opinions on that decisions because i only have 2 days left to return the phone
    I would suggest making a thread to ask versus asking in the Customization thread. You will get a lot more traction .
    09-23-2015 12:07 PM
    I would suggest making a thread to ask versus asking in the Customization thread. You will get a lot more traction .
    its offical guys i processed my return and i will so what the nexus and lg events have to offer .. what killed it for me was the horible speaker, very very very poor customer service and no band 12 support even though its posted on its site
    09-24-2015 12:43 PM
    hey guys, new to the forums here. Glad I found them!

I'm getting a Moto X pure, I have it all designed but having trouble deciding on which back to get. I've held the soft back at Best Buy and I like it but I really love the look of the wood backs especially the charcoal ash. I'm just worried about the slickness or grip of it and the durability. I've never owned a Moto X before and would love to get your input and opinions on both. Thanks!!
    mabr82 likes this.
    10-02-2015 08:57 AM
    Wait. You want us to decide the back cover for your phone? Neat! I vote hot pink!
    10-02-2015 09:02 AM
    I have the red leather. Kinda slick, while being soft at the same time. Hoping it breaks in more. I didnt get the wood due to the slickness, if any. Dont forget you get one do over with motorola, so you can try the wood.
    dmark44 likes this.
    10-02-2015 09:02 AM
    I always use a clear Cimo back cover on my Xs so a slippery back doesn't matter since the cover is always nice and grippy. If you like the wood, I say go for it!

10-02-2015 09:05 PM
311 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD