11-19-2015 06:37 PM
311 ... 34567 ...
tools
    In the past releases for Moto x, when did Motorola open MotoMaker?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I tried to find it but couldn't confirm it opened prior to the pre-orders from any articles I found.
    08-16-2015 06:49 PM
    It will probably open this Thursday, along with pre-orders.

That puts it two weeks from the 3rd.
    08-16-2015 08:23 PM
    It will probably open this Thursday, along with pre-orders.

That puts it two weeks from the 3rd.
    Oh how I wish that were true. The wife and I are both eager to upgrade ASAP to the XPE.
    08-16-2015 08:36 PM
    MotoMaker should be up now so users can play around get a sense of what they designs will be like but it won't be much longer, doesn't it launch on 9-3-15, its 2 weeks from Thursday. I will say Samsung was smart in announcing and selling within 7 days and that is something they need to do even more. How about same day launches, show how its done.

As for Motorola, they may have needed the Moto G surge to happen first to allow things to get rolling then add the Pure Edition, I wonder if they will cut the price of the 2014 Moto x further?
    08-16-2015 09:39 PM
    I'm curious when I'll get an email saying I can order one. I signed up on Motorola's site.
    By the time you get the email I can assure thousands of us would have already ordered and enjoying the phone ... Those notification sign up emails are always useless if you want to buy them on the first day.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    08-16-2015 09:46 PM
    It's exciting stuff, but sometimes it's better to wait and read reviews. I like to give things a month or two before I order. Lots of times hardware gets minor revisions after the first batch goes out, and in the case of Moto, waiting gives you the opportunity to get a feel for different materials.

Weird for me to say that... I remember waiting outside of T-Mobile with $700 cash the day the Samsung Vibrant hit. My my, what a mistake that was! LOL
    08-16-2015 10:05 PM
    where are u going to that you won't be able to order it (not doubting it, just curious)?
    Tines square. I'll have my phone with internet but I don't spend time online except the nightly check Facebook or something. Vacation is my time away from everything. I usually bring my Surface Pro just to empty my memory card out but that's all I use it for.
    08-16-2015 10:27 PM
    My memory tells me that Moto had Motomaker for the second gen Moto X up maybe a week before release.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-16-2015 11:01 PM
    My memory tells me that Moto had Motomaker for the second gen Moto X up maybe a week before release.

That's good to know. I'll definitely order mine ahead of time if possible.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    08-16-2015 11:03 PM
    When they are ready, and we are ready, then it will be time to go.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.
    08-16-2015 11:28 PM
    I can't wait!!
    08-17-2015 12:12 AM
    I'm patiently impatient! Couldn't wait to get the new S6 Edge! Pre-ordered it! Fortunately for me I decided on the 128 GB version so it was delayed a couple of weeks longer than most and came in a later batch that had virtually no issues. Not saying that Moto will have the same type of problems but if you want to read horror stories on getting the first batches of the S6 (both versions) then just read up on it from the day they were released.

I want to hold one in my hand first! I will have to visit a Best Buy to do that.
    Then, if I still like it I will read the reviews from you eager beavers on the pro's and con's!
    Then, if I still like it I will purchase through Moto Maker!

No desire to be a test pilot and crash and burn..too painful.
    08-17-2015 09:45 AM
    While you can get a general idea of what different colors are, it is very difficult to get an idea of exactly what it will look like. For example, the leather shown is vague with no definition and only one angle. The other backs weren't much better. The best hope right now is to scour the launch day videos to get a better close up of the backs. Moto needs to provide close up high pixel photos or flyover type videos of the backs using close up lens.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-17-2015 11:55 AM
    Same choice last year. Decided on the white front with black leather back. I was also worried the sensors would bother me but they don't. I also thing the white allows the speaker grills to pop. I'll probably go with a white front again. My choice is going to really be what back. The leather is nice but maybe wood this time?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-17-2015 09:07 PM
    I still want leather because it's the newer option but one of the wood options would probably look better with my planned white front, champagne frame, and champagne accent combination.

dmark44 likes this.
    08-17-2015 10:24 PM
    I have a leather x 14. Pretty awesome, much better than g4 leather.

08-17-2015 10:36 PM
    I noticed a lot of websites cars especially don't really show the true colors you are picking since it's more CG than real life. They should do something to offer a better, cleaner and clearer image of the back cover options.
    Laura Knotek and jimbo1mcm like this.
    08-18-2015 09:50 PM
    I noticed a lot of websites cars especially don't really show the true colors you are picking since it's more CG than real life. They should do something to offer a better, cleaner and clearer image of the back cover options.
    I've been saying this since the OG X/Motomaker and was slapped down in comments including editors of AC. I still say that Motomaker looks cartoonish and not very lifelike, thus giving only approximate looks of the colors and textures and not a concrete example/output of how a device would look in the real world.
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    08-19-2015 12:15 AM
    I actually like white phones, I never got them though because its hard to see the notification light. With active display this no longer matters, so I'g get white if I get one this time.
    08-19-2015 12:42 AM
    I have a leather x 14. Pretty awesome, much better than g4 leather.

yeah I saw a few pictures on AC, I think from Phil, and his leather was torn to shreds already. I think people that own then have said the brown leather is worse than some of the others. either way, it's a lot worse than the moto x ... i wonder if the removable back has something to do with that.
    08-19-2015 06:01 AM
    You guys realize the colors never line because screen colors are set to appeal to you mentally and not actually depict true color. Otherwise Samsung wouldn't be the most popular LCD manufacturer around. You should see what a monitor with true color calibration looks like. It's "drab" to say the least.
    08-19-2015 07:12 AM
    While you can get a general idea of what different colors are, it is very difficult to get an idea of exactly what it will look like. For example, the leather shown is vague with no definition and only one angle. The other backs weren't much better. The best hope right now is to scour the launch day videos to get a better close up of the backs. Moto needs to provide close up high pixel photos or flyover type videos of the backs using close up lens.
    As far as colors are concerned each monitor can display colors slightly differently. It would require everyone to color calibrate their monitors to see the correct colors even if they're displayed correctly on the web.
    Ry likes this.
    08-19-2015 08:56 AM
    I actually like white phones, I never got them though because its hard to see the notification light. With active display this no longer matters, so I'g get white if I get one this time.
    OMG Motorola took away notification LEDs. They're doomed!

I kid.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-19-2015 04:24 PM
    I really really need them to open pre-orders. Unfortunately, I think I am stuck. I got a Droid Turbo last weekend and my 14 day return will end before the XPE is out. I am sure i'll take a huge hit from Verizon if I return after the 14 day.

And I am sure I'll hate myself for not waiting on the X PE. Although, the LCD screen does concern me, since I wear prescription sunglasses outside all the time.
    08-20-2015 12:34 PM
    I'm thinking along the same lines. I love the bamboo back on my 2014 X and I prefer black fronts that disappear into the background when I'm playing videos, etc., but I think the silver-gray/metallic accents look super classy from the few pics we've seen so far.
    I read somewhere that you will only be able to get the dark metal gram of you choose the black front, and the light/gold frame is for the white front. I hope this isn't true though, because I want to get the black front with silver/bamboo as well!
    08-20-2015 03:35 PM
311 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD