11-19-2015 05:37 PM
311 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I am sure i'll take a huge hit from Verizon if I return after the 14 day.
    I don't think you will take a hit as in extra charges -- I think they will not let you return it at all.
    Ry likes this.
    08-20-2015 02:53 PM
    I think I will be going with a black front.
    08-20-2015 02:55 PM
    I read somewhere that you will only be able to get the dark metal gram of you choose the black front, and the light/gold frame is for the white front. I hope this isn't true though, because I want to get the black front with silver/bamboo as well!
    As far as we know, that's what's been leaked.

Black with dark gray
    White with silver
    White with champagne
    08-20-2015 02:59 PM
    I read somewhere that you will only be able to get the dark metal gram of you choose the black front, and the light/gold frame is for the white front. I hope this isn't true though, because I want to get the black front with silver/bamboo as well!
    From the leaked form some weeks ago, that's the exactly what the options will be. I too hope it isn't true though.

I want a black front, gold frame and cognac leather back.
    08-20-2015 03:00 PM
    I really really need them to open pre-orders. Unfortunately, I think I am stuck. I got a Droid Turbo last weekend and my 14 day return will end before the XPE is out. I am sure i'll take a huge hit from Verizon if I return after the 14 day.

And I am sure I'll hate myself for not waiting on the X PE. Although, the LCD screen does concern me, since I wear prescription sunglasses outside all the time.
    you can return and try something else within your return period, and then return all together when you order the XPE. But, you'll be hit with restocking fees (at least that's the way it was on AT&T). OR, sell your Droid Turbo on Swappa, but I doubt you'll come close to getting what you owe on it.
    08-20-2015 03:35 PM
    Yeah I can return it, it's on the payment plan but I might try some other phones and try that. The $35 restocking hurts but not as much as a long time with a phone I don't like. I don't really care for the turbo. Part of it is moving back from Samsung, then there's size etc. Probably a lot all at once. Of course the X is going to be a similar UI.
    08-20-2015 04:31 PM
    Yeah I can return it, it's on the payment plan but I might try some other phones and try that. The $35 restocking hurts but not as much as a long time with a phone I don't like. I don't really care for the turbo. Part of it is moving back from Samsung, then there's size etc. Probably a lot all at once. Of course the X is going to be a similar UI.
    Yes you can return it within the 14 days -- after 14 days though they won't take it back.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-20-2015 05:21 PM
    I will have multiple phones and both will be 5.5 or bigger so size in the hand is not an issue.
    08-20-2015 08:00 PM
    Likely going to get black front with the dark wood back. Might get white though so the accents pop more.
    08-20-2015 08:00 PM
    Motomaker isn't up yet for the Style/Pure but you can get a good idea of some of the colors and textures with the following great link The colors, leathers, and woods of the Moto X Style | Android Central

I am thinking about the leather back and it is different from the smooth leather backs of the 2014 X. The Saffiano leather has a pattern kind of embossed into it.( photos 13,14,15 ) I am not sure whether I would like it over last year's smooth, traditional leather. It probably grips a little better, and might not show hand oil stains as much, but we'll have to see.

Regarding the accents, I am a little concerned about the anodizing process that will give the metal the color that we select. Will it wear off after a while? The metal strip with the dimple will be getting a lot of finger pressure and wear. I guess we will find out if Moto has used a superior or not anodizing process.
    dmark44 likes this.
    08-21-2015 02:56 AM
    I would expect an anodized coloring to hold better than some sort of paint for example. But who knows, also depends on the thickness etc
    08-21-2015 04:10 AM
    I am having a really hard time deciding between leather and wood but I know I want one of the two. Right now I'm leaning towards the rosewood but I can't wait for moto maker to open so we can get some play time

XT1060
    MoPhoMan, jimbo1mcm and dmark44 like this.
    08-21-2015 07:48 AM
    This idea on returning the phone before 14 days...even if you had it customized with Moto Maker? What if you had your name engraved on it? Who are they going to resell it to?
    I would think (maybe I'm wrong) that if you customize the thing, and especially if you get it engraved that for them to take it back and return your money would be a losing proposition for Moto...no??? Maybe they could eventually get another order that matched everything unique but not so much the engraving. Might be hard to resell that Lime Green one also...man that one puckers the eyeballs!
    08-21-2015 01:16 PM
    This idea on returning the phone before 14 days...even if you had it customized with Moto Maker? What if you had your name engraved on it? Who are they going to resell it to?
    I would think (maybe I'm wrong) that if you customize the thing, and especially if you get it engraved that for them to take it back and return your money would be a losing proposition for Moto...no??? Maybe they could eventually get another order that matched everything unique but not so much the engraving. Might be hard to resell that Lime Green one also...man that one puckers the eyeballs!
    They swap the back and sell as refurb
    08-21-2015 01:58 PM
    You get 14 days even if you customize it, after all Moto can resell it as refurbished, now if it's engraved (which I have never done) they would likely have to replace the back with a non-engraved back and then sell it. They will take it back, I returned my Nexus 6 after a few days and the Moto X 2014 and decided to wait for the 2015 and the X was custom.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-22-2015 08:34 PM
    I am leaning towards the Walnut Wood Black for mine something difference since everyone does leather now.
    08-22-2015 08:35 PM
    I may go for leather next time around. I have wood on my 2013 Moto X, and it's held up great, but it's slick.
    08-22-2015 09:04 PM
    I've been checking every day now hoping Moto Maker is up and running!
    08-22-2015 10:13 PM
    Can I expect pricing to be similar to last year? So...

16GB w/ Silicone - $400
    16GB wood/leather - $425
    32GB w/ Silicone - $450
    32GB wood/leather - $475
    64GB w/ Silicone - $500
    64GB wood/leather $525

Engraving an extra $5?

So a fully loaded Moto X Pure with a wood/leather back and engraving to be $530 plus sales tax.? Of course there will be cases for $20-$50 I assume.

Is the turbo charger included in the box?

I already plan to add a 128GB MicroSD card for $60 from Amazon. So I'm looking at $600 or so for top of the line.

Sent from Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 08:56 AM
    I would expect that to be accurate. I believe the included charger will be a quick charger.

Posted via the Android Central App
    disturbed933 likes this.
    08-23-2015 09:40 AM
    As far as colors are concerned each monitor can display colors slightly differently. It would require everyone to color calibrate their monitors to see the correct colors even if they're displayed correctly on the web.
    This.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-23-2015 12:57 PM
    The UK version of Motomaker confirms what you have read.
    08-23-2015 04:48 PM
    The UK version of Motomaker confirms what you have read.
    Where?

08-23-2015 05:27 PM
    Where?

Correction. It was for the Play, not the Style. But I don't think there is any reason to believe it will be different.
    08-23-2015 06:02 PM
    Last years X was more expensive and did not include a quick charger. Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 06:27 PM
311 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD