Moto X Style (Moto X Pure Edition): Moto Maker Customizations

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: What Color Combo for the Moto X?

I am thinking of coming to the Moto X from the iPhone 6. I am leaning towards red leather with gray accents, black front. Or white front with silver accents and bamboo back. I change my mind hourly.

lol ... DO IT!!! just curious, what is it about the Moto X, aside from Moto Maker that makes you want to switch from iPhone?

I thought a lot more people would've moved from iPhone to the S6 Edge, but it seems a lot more are considering the Moto X Pure instead.

Posted via the Android Central App

Michael Reshetar

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
What Color Combo for the Moto X?

I like my iPhone, but have had Android phones in the past. They are both great platforms and I have enjoyed switching between the two. The Moto X is attractive to me because of the customization, screen size and quality, and the fact I can buy off contract for an affordable price. My wife will take my iPhone and we will be able to be contract free from verizon.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Going with whatever version is closest to black they have. Presuming I buy one- need to see the reviews first :)

64Gb model in black.

Last edited:

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I love the whole moto maker vibe, but what a dilemma I really like the potentially grippy silicon back nice and practical, it's just the wood and leather look awesome, I got moto x with bamboo last year, while its a bit slippy to hold its durability and looks more than make up...

this year black ash maybe gold accents...

gonna be spending a few hours on moto maker

I'm in the same boat. The new CSR backs are definitely tempting, but the wood backs look so good. Since Best Buy is a partner, it would be awesome if they have all the back panels on display when orders start opening up. Pictures are great, but being able to see them in person would be really nice.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I really like that wood back.

I have the ebony wood back on my original moto X. It is absolutely beautiful and I get compliments on it all the time still. I keep a clear case on my phone so it can still be seen and it is protected. Looks as good today as the day I bought it almost 2 years ago.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

I'm eager to see one of these things out in the wild: I've only ever seen pictures of MotoMaker-ed phones. Red leather seems like it would be tough to beat, but that Cabernet CSR looks mighty nice, too. Add some champagne accents and a champagne frame, and it's all mmm-mmm-good.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Changed my mind. If I can't have the gold frame with the black front, I guess I'm going with the following:

Black Front.
Gold Accents.
Cognac Leather Back.
32GB.

I've been playing around with the old Moto X to get a feel for my options when they arrive later.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Yep, according that chart it looks as though if you want a black front your only frame option will be dark gray. I was thinking of switching up my white front 2014 X, but i also am very interested in the champagne frame. I'm guessing I'm going to end up getting another white front. The real question will be the back. I love my cognac back now, but the wood options look nice as well.

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

that's the champion for me too.

Glad I'm not the only one. I just think it looks beautiful in that combo. I wish they didn't make 16gb at all since it's like a couple bucks more for 32gb as an OEM but oh well. $399 + $25 for wood + $50 for 32GB model = $475 + tax = $500!!! I don't even know if I will get $500 for my S6 Edge by September LOL

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Glad I'm not the only one. I just think it looks beautiful in that combo. I wish they didn't make 16gb at all since it's like a couple bucks more for 32gb as an OEM but oh well. $399 + $25 for wood + $50 for 32GB model = $475 + tax = $500!!! I don't even know if I will get $500 for my S6 Edge by September LOL

You should get pretty close for that.

Why are you selling the Edge? My friend has one and loves it.

Granted, he doesn't know the difference between stock Android and skinned and probably still wouldn't care if you explained it to him.

Michael Reshetar

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

How has the wood and leather of the 2014 Moto x handled a year of wear and tear? I keep going back and forth between the two.

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

You should get pretty close for that.

Why are you selling the Edge? My friend has one and loves it.

Granted, he doesn't know the difference between stock Android and skinned and probably still wouldn't care if you explained it to him.

Yeah. That's what I'm thinking.

I am not selling it yet, but I'll have to, in order to buy X 2015. I had the G4 before this and IMHO, G4 camera is superior but skin is heavier than TW and just lags all over the place. If I would not use my phone for texting and web stuff, I'd get the G4. S6 Edge, IMHO, is the best phone of 2015 so far..and that's not saying much since SD810 killed half the phones, SD808 has potential but LG skin killed that phone..there is not much left this year to use. I switch phones a lot so I'll order the X if it gets good reviews and sell the Edge to pay for it or most of it. Still have my 2014 Verizon X with bamboo back posted on CL and just sold Nexus 6 ....you see where I'm coming from :)

Yeah, people usually go for Galaxy or iPhone...they don't know jack about phones. Anyone I know who bought LG complained that "Android lags" and went back to iPhone. Sucks that people rate Android based on crappy heavy skins and go back to iPhone that does everything well but not super duper at anything and if you want to do some serious multitasking, forget about it.

I wish OEMs would give you all of it and not just 2 out of 3 or 5 out of 7 in a phone. This is 2015, if they haven't learned anything by now, they never will. Just my .02 cents.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

How has the wood and leather of the 2014 Moto x handled a year of wear and tear? I keep going back and forth between the two.

Not totally related but the Congac Leather band (also available as a back on the second gen Moto X) for my Moto 360 has worn nicely.

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Not totally related but the Congac Leather band (also available as a back on the second gen Moto X) for my Moto 360 has worn nicely.

Is the leather real slick or is soft ? Not sure what back to get but i know i dont want to drop it .

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Is the leather real slick or is soft ? Not sure what back to get but i know i dont want to drop it .

both the wood and especially the leather have held up extremely well ... certainly much better than the leather on the G4. just treat it every now and then, keep it out of the sun, and you'll be good to go!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Not that the images came out the other day showing what can be customized I am pretty happy the speaker grills will be customized, the dark word, with red accents for me and might go silver for the metal edge.

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

both the wood and especially the leather have held up extremely well ... certainly much better than the leather on the G4. just treat it every now and then, keep it out of the sun, and you'll be good to go!

Thanks but is it slippery ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia