11-19-2015 06:37 PM
311 123 ...
tools
    So, this year will see people being able to choose from even more combinations for their custom Moto X.

* Silicon/rubber/plastic backs in many colors

* Natural options

* New type of leather options

* Metal Accents

* 3 options for the Metal Frame

The last option impresses me the most. I love the look of the gold frame on the demo units that were shown.

Even though my final choice will have to wait till I can see it in Moto Maker, I've sorta have an idea of what my phone will be customized to look like.

- Black, front lens
    - Gold Frame
    - Gold Accent
    - Black Leather or Black Silicon back

What are your possible combos?
    jimbo1mcm likes this.
    08-01-2015 10:08 AM
    I need to see moto maker live. I like the very dark wood with bright silver accents. But I also like several plastic shells.
    08-01-2015 10:10 AM
    I've been wanting leather for a long time.....But idk which color. I'll have to see how they look with accents. I don't think I'll go with the black one. The tan, red, and navy are kinda nice. I have no idea and am so indecisive, it might take me till Moto X 2016 to make up my mind.
    08-01-2015 10:38 AM
    I need to see moto maker live. I like the very dark wood with bright silver accents. But I also like several plastic shells.
    Yeah. I wish they would open up Moto Maker early that way we could start playing around with the options. Maybe make it easier to comes to a conclusion early on exactly what I want.
    08-01-2015 11:57 AM
    I played with the Moto Maker for the new G to get a rough idea on what it would be like for the accents. I like the 2014 accents better where the speaker grills were included, but no biggie.

I am leaning towards wood, likely the ebony wood, maybe a red accent. Not entirely sure until I get to actually customize it. I would like it if they put the Moto Maker up now so users can try out combo's and even offer up the ability to pre-order sooner.
    08-01-2015 02:27 PM
    ebony wood with the gold

Posted via the Android Central App
    Orlan2 likes this.
    08-01-2015 10:23 PM
    ebony wood with the gold

I'm always worried about the wood backs. The grain pattern varying from one to another means I may get one that I may not like.

Is that crazy?
    08-01-2015 11:23 PM
    I'm always worried about the wood backs. The grain pattern varying from one to another means I may get one that I may not like.

Is that crazy?
    yes, that is crazy, lol ... but that's why moto maker is amazing, we can be as picky as we want!

08-01-2015 11:53 PM
    I want gold.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Orlan2 likes this.
    08-02-2015 12:06 AM
    I want to see how the red leather and bamboo backs look like. Those two looks the best IMO

Posted via the Android Central App with Note 4
    08-02-2015 03:28 AM
    I'm hoping next year that Moto can figure a way for them to make a removable back on these things that look flush and fluid so that we can change whenever we want. I do think that'd be pretty good business for them. I'd certainly own a few.
    dragneelpc and mark stenblom like this.
    08-02-2015 09:02 AM
    My favourites from the list I have seen are these two:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto-...ilable_id72087

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    MRS DIVA and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-02-2015 09:18 AM
    I'm hoping next year that Moto can figure a way for them to make a removable back on these things that look flush and fluid so that we can change whenever we want. I do think that'd be pretty good business for them. I'd certainly own a few.
    no doubt about it ... I'm shocked they don't offer it, as you said, I'd certainly have a few

08-02-2015 09:51 AM
    The Play has a removable back. Not sure why the Style couldn't, at least with with the non-wood and -leather materials.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    08-02-2015 10:10 AM
    I will have to play around with it to see which one I want.. First time actually using Moto Maker .
    08-02-2015 12:05 PM
    They already figured that out with the Moto E and Moto G.

08-02-2015 01:11 PM
    I want gold.

Me too. Its gonna look amazing.
    mark stenblom likes this.
    08-02-2015 01:12 PM
    I've gone with turquoise the last two years, but I would be interested in that color between the Turquoise and navy blue. While I think the Gold looks classy, I wear way more silver. I'm just hoping that your frame color isn't determined by your front color like it was last year. I'd like to see the brighter silver frame with the black front (since the IR sensors are still gonna make the white face look like a pimply teenager). I'm favoring the red accent again, I had that on my 2013 X and I miss it since I chickened out and went with the silver on the 2014 to match the frame.
    08-02-2015 03:24 PM
    I've gone with turquoise the last two years, but I would be interested in that color between the Turquoise and navy blue. While I think the Gold looks classy, I wear way more silver. I'm just hoping that your frame color isn't determined by your front color like it was last year. I'd like to see the brighter silver frame with the black front (since the IR sensors are still gonna make the white face look like a pimply teenager). I'm favoring the red accent again, I had that on my 2013 X and I miss it since I chickened out and went with the silver on the 2014 to match the frame.
    Unfortunately, it looks like the frame will indeed be based on the lens.

Check out @AndroidGuys's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AndroidGuys/stat...397589504?s=09

If you loom at the picture, you see the light silver and champagne are tied to the white lens and the dark gray to the black.

That's sucks!

Really wanted that black lens with the champagne frame....
    Ara Wagoner likes this.
    08-02-2015 06:18 PM
    I love the ebony wood back and all black accents on my 2013 Moto X. I might go with rosewood this time & gold accents. I love the rosewood fretboards on my guitars with the gold frets, so my phone would match my guitars. Rock on!

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    312MotoGus likes this.
    08-02-2015 06:53 PM
    Moto maker options

Attached Thumbnails Moto X Style (Moto X Pure Edition): Moto Maker Customizations-9656.jpg  
    Aquila, Slow_S10 and jimbo1mcm like this.
    08-02-2015 09:00 PM
    Unfortunately, it looks like the frame will indeed be based on the lens.

Check out @AndroidGuys's Tweet: https://twitter.com/AndroidGuys/stat...397589504?s=09

If you loom at the picture, you see the light silver and champagne are tied to the white lens and the dark gray to the black.

That's sucks!

Really wanted that black lens with the champagne frame....
    Yeah, I saw that... and I have to say, that sucks.
    08-02-2015 09:11 PM
    Guess I'm either settling for the Black Lens, Grey Frame and Gold Accents.

Hmmm....maybe I'll get some spray paint...
    08-02-2015 09:30 PM
    I've been wanting leather for a long time.....But idk which color. I'll have to see how they look with accents. I don't think I'll go with the black one. The tan, red, and navy are kinda nice. I have no idea and am so indecisive, it might take me till Moto X 2016 to make up my mind.
    I got a 2014 X with the red leather. It's gorgeous. After 2 months naked. It's holding up pretty well with only a few minor scuffs that I could probably buff out.

Only issue I have with leather back are the indentations it picks up when you rest it on something that is not perfectly smooth. But his is a minor issue as it, so far seems to bounce back to shape.

mona5804 and dmark44 like this.
    08-02-2015 10:52 PM
    I want to see how the red leather and bamboo backs look like. Those two looks the best IMO

Posted via the Android Central App with Note 4
    I have red leather on my 2014 X. It looks awesome! It's holding up OK after about a month of use. Hopefully, the phone will last me through the year and I can pick up a 2015 X for $300 with red leather next year.

08-02-2015 10:56 PM
311 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD