08-19-2015 03:22 PM
36 12
tools
    They're touting the Moto G right now because that's the phone people can actually buy.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    I was referring specifically to the Style.
    08-18-2015 12:02 PM
    Moto X Play now available from Moto Maker in the UK starting at £279 | Android Central

sent via Nvidia Shield Tablet - Android Central Moderator.
    Ugh. They are still using the cartoon pictures instead of photo-realistic images for the Motomaker.
    08-18-2015 12:08 PM
    I was referring specifically to the Style.
    And I gave you reasons why Motorola's not really marketing the Style right now.

08-18-2015 12:10 PM
    And I gave you reasons why Motorola's not really marketing the Style right now.

Fair point. But I don't care about the G. LOL
    08-18-2015 12:38 PM
    The Note 5 will probably cost twice as much as the Pure Edition. I'm interested in both actually, but the fact that I can make monthly payments on the Note 5 is a bigger deal than the gap between announcement and launch for me.
    I am in the exact same boat! I just purchased the Note 5, because the carriers are shipping right now. The price isn't too much of an issue for me right now, but I am still extremely interested in the Moto X.
    08-18-2015 12:52 PM
    Samsung coordinated a major launch with carriers to get ahead of Apple and so far its not working out. Poor communication, lack of 128GB (Sammy is undecided about it) no clear vision on why the Edge 6+ exists, etc.

Motorola is also making major changes, no carrier involvement, direct to consumer and even out doing Apple with that move. Apple no longer needs the carriers to sell their phones they could and likely will move in the same direction as Motorola. Think about it, they offer financing through Juniper Financial, they can do what Motorola is with payments and offer a single phone that works on any US carrier or global phone. Keeping 100% profit as Motorola is planning on doing.

I am disappointed in the delay, but it is what it is, and perhaps Google will announce the Nexus's before the X gets out.
    08-18-2015 08:49 PM
    I am in the exact same boat! I just purchased the Note 5, because the carriers are shipping right now. The price isn't too much of an issue for me right now, but I am still extremely interested in the Moto X.
    Same here bought the Note 5 thru T-Mobile EIP but definitely buying the pure edition X when it comes out.
    08-18-2015 08:52 PM
    Samsung coordinated a major launch with carriers to get ahead of Apple and so far its not working out. Poor communication, lack of 128GB (Sammy is undecided about it) no clear vision on why the Edge 6+ exists, etc.

Motorola is also making major changes, no carrier involvement, direct to consumer and even out doing Apple with that move. Apple no longer needs the carriers to sell their phones they could and likely will move in the same direction as Motorola. Think about it, they offer financing through Juniper Financial, they can do what Motorola is with payments and offer a single phone that works on any US carrier or global phone. Keeping 100% profit as Motorola is planning on doing.

I am disappointed in the delay, but it is what it is, and perhaps Google will announce the Nexus's before the X gets out.
    Apple definitely makes at LEAST the wholesale value of their devices just like every other manufacturer. Selling direct to the consumer the way Moto is doing simply allows them to sell their devices at that wholesale price and still maintain the same profit per device. The difference is that Apple has a distinct advantage here in that they have a brand that a LOT of people are all too willing to follow and pay for (even at inflated prices) so that Apple doesn't need the carriers. But having carriers involved does account for a certain amount of additional advertising power (dependent on the device based on appeal as well as agreements with manufacturers). And since there is a larger draw to any given model of iPhone compared to any individual Android-based device, carriers are going to try to draw in those customers at a higher rate than some 3rd or 4th level Android device.
    08-18-2015 11:11 PM
    A month isn't that bad. The S5 was announced in February 2014, and released in April.

Edit: The S6 was announced in March 2015 and released in April.
    Yeahhh but it came out like April 3rd.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-19-2015 10:43 AM

Sounds like someone read Vlad's article. Good job repeating his talking points.

I like what Moto is doing. I really do. Samsung should be getting credit for what they're doing too. You have to remember, most consumers don't watch keynotes or read tech blogs. They'll see a Note 5 commercial on TV and if it grabs their attention they'll go to the store and get one, or order online.

Will Moto have that same capability?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    Aquila and co.ag.2005 like this.
    08-19-2015 12:25 PM
    Sounds like someone read Vlad's article. Good job repeating his talking points.

I like what Moto is doing. I really do. Samsung should be getting credit for what they're doing too. You have to remember, most consumers don't watch keynotes or read tech blogs. They'll see a Note 5 commercial on TV and if it grabs their attention they'll go to the store and get one, or order online.

Will Moto have that same capability?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    Motorola is doing what the tech community has wanted. It's a gamble though especially in the US. Are we ready for that here?

Samsung is addressing the biggest complaint with their previous devices - build quality and materials. The Galaxy S6 variants and the Note 5 are all gorgeous devices.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-19-2015 03:22 PM
36 12