Hype Fading...

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Announcing a device and then launching over a month later is a terrible practice.

My desire to buy the XPE is slowing, but surely dying.

Samsung announced the Note 5 and made it available less than two weeks later. Hell, some already shipped.

If Motorola isn't careful, they could potentially lose some customers to other devices launching this time of year. Even the low selling price won't matter if other flagships offer similar or better devices.

C'mon Motorola, get it together.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
A month isn't that bad. The S5 was announced in February 2014, and released in April.

Edit: The S6 was announced in March 2015 and released in April.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It ain't so bad. I mean I wish it was coming out sooner but -- the "Hype" will pick up once the orders go live I am sure :).

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Note 5 will probably cost twice as much as the Pure Edition. I'm interested in both actually, but the fact that I can make monthly payments on the Note 5 is a bigger deal than the gap between announcement and launch for me.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They released their big seller the day they announced it. The G is on sale and will by far be the most popular device for moto this year. The play is on sale in at least south America already and the style is about two weeks away.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd guess that for the Moto G will outsell the Moto X Pure Edition/Moto X Style 25 to 1. The announcement was just fine.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
The Note 5 will probably cost twice as much as the Pure Edition. I'm interested in both actually, but the fact that I can make monthly payments on the Note 5 is a bigger deal than the gap between announcement and launch for me.

Moto has interest free financing.

Posted via the Android Central App

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
They released their big seller the day they announced it. The G is on sale and will by far be the most popular device for moto this year. The play is on sale in at least south America already and the style is about two weeks away.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

I agree. They were going to have a release event for their top selling phone regardless. Why not combine the two and avoid the expense of having two release events? In the end the Moto X Style is about VALUE, not "hype".

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree. They were going to have a release event for their top selling phone regardless. Why not combine the two and avoid the expense of having two release events? In the end the Moto X Style is about VALUE, not "hype".

With $200, $300, and $400 price points, the entire announcement was about value - not just the Moto X Syle.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It seems that in this day in age of Amazon Prime instant 2 day shipping, being able to order anything instantaneously on the web, hearing about things the instant they happen through social media and news sites and the fact that you can instantly know everything that's going on in everybody else's lives with the smart phone in your pocket, people have lost the ability to tolerate waiting for something. I for one am anxiously waiting the launch of the new Moto X and the new smaller Nexus by LG. But, I am not freaking out because I have to wait a few weeks or months. Now that it seems there will be a smaller Nexus device this year, I am going to wait until that comes out before I make my decision about purchasing the new Moto X as I want to check out this new Nexus. I was really waiting for last year's Nexus to come out, then was severely disappointed when it was so huge. I really like my Nexus 10 tablet that I bought on launch day almost 3 years ago. It is running the latest and greatest version of Android and still runs smooth and silky.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
gives us time to think.
Maybe we'll get two note 4's if their prices drop enough. I was waiting for the note 5, but the lack of an SD card turned me off...
is the X pure going to release September 3rd? I thought they deleted their posts announcing that.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Either way Moto X won't be a huge seller for Motorola, it's probably very small percentage of geeks like us who will buy this. Normal people probably will settle for Moto G, and people buying thru carriers will either buy Samsung or iPhone. I think Motorola know this and so they thought no point offering thru carriers since the earlier ones didn't sell that well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Either way Moto X won't be a huge seller for Motorola, it's probably very small percentage of geeks like us who will buy this. Normal people probably will settle for Moto G, and people buying thru carriers will either buy Samsung or iPhone. I think Motorola know this and so they thought no point offering thru carriers since the earlier ones didn't sell that well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

It's up to people like us to spread the word about this new Motorola sales model and what the benefits are of it. So far I have told several of my friends and family members about this and they were all completely unaware that you could just buy a phone and continue to use the exact same plan you are already on with the carrier and not be locked into a contract. In addition, the phone is less expensive overall because you're not paying for carrier markups. In almost every case when I told them about this, they were extremely interested in this model and I think a few of them may go this route because their contracts are up in the next month or three. So we need to get out there and tell people about this so that we can do our part to make this sales model more common and have it be a win for consumers by lowering the cost of smartphones overall for everyone.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10