How does Moto Care work?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Moto Warranty?

Isn't this how most of these warranty's work? I remember when I had to return my Nexus 5. They put a hold on my card until they received the device then they released it.

Pretty much every single electronics company does it this way. The company I work for will, depending on the product, require holds that push $1,000. That's why I was so shocked the hold for my Pure was only $99.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

As a side note, for anyone doing an advanced exchange do not set it up with the form online. Do it via web chat or call Moto. Since the Pure is brand new and the chance they have your phone in the 'like new' inventory is pretty much zero your RMA will just stall out in the system. Set up an exchange, even warranty one, with a live agent and get a code to have a new Moto X built and sent out. That seems to be the only way to get anything done.

Logic would dictate that the RMA system would know there is no inventory to send out under RMA and just send out a new one but nope, the RMA will just sit in the system until it auto cancels. Moto customer support will give you zero info as you have to contact one specific dept. that is...difficult to get a hold of. As I have learned the RMA process for a just released phone that Moto has in place is a mess.

imma_rage_quit

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site

Isn't this how most of these warranty's work? I remember when I had to return my Nexus 5. They put a hold on my card until they received the device then they released it.

To be clear I'm OK with the hold. I'm not OK with paying for them to send me a device prior to me sending the defective one back in for a WARRANTY issue. Again that would be like your car dealership charging you for a rental car because your transmission went while your car is covered under the factory warranty.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
re:

I have a whole stack of used cell phones laying around. I recommend keeping an old device if you're prone to breakage. Honestly, that's an anomaly to me. I've never had an issue not destroying phones and I've never paid for a warranty.

I'm holding on to my 2013 as a spare. I have an old Galaxy Nexus and a Samsung Vibrant laying around too if need be. There's no sense in getting worked up. It is what it is.

Posted via the Android Central App

PeltFrelken

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Moto insurance?

Has anyone ever bought the Motorola insurance and had to use it for accidental damage?

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto insurance?

Was your experience a good one when you made a claim?

I had no issues. Opened a ticket, got a code to design a new phone, and had it shipped to me within a couple days. After I got the replacement I returned my broken phone.

ManiacalMF

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
My experience so far making a claim with Moto Care for my Moto X Pure Edition:

Dropped my phone on Sunday Nov 29, screen shattered (arrrgh!!). Immediately filed a claim, requested the Advance Placement option. It is now officially 5 business days since I made the claim, and I haven't received any email about the replacement device being shipped. I started an online chat with a Motorola representative asking for any update, and they said no new info is showing up on their side. She suggested that I call the 800 number to get to the Repair Escalation Department so they can see further into the issue.

Called the number, and same thing, no new info on their side. He told me the typical shipping time frame for the Advance Placement option using my situation as an example: if the claim is made on Sunday, the warehouse will get the information on Monday, on Tuesday/Wednesday (depending on orders, I guess) the device would be shipped out, and the customer typically would have the device in hand on Friday or following Monday. He put me on hold for one more minute to investigate something else. He came back on the line, asked if my device was a customized device, I said yes. He then said that the time frame he told me about was for a standard device. For a customized device, it would take about 7-10 business days, rather than the quoted 4-5. AAAAARRRRGH!!! I want my Moto X Pure!! Using the first gen Moto X seems so primitive <insert crying emojis here> (yes, first world problems)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000