Moto X Style: Does it have a Notification LED?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Notification LED?

Active notifications. Work pretty well too

Posted via the Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Within minutes of using the 2013 X, I forgot what the point of the notification LED was. The Active Display (now Moto Display) really has been a cool game changer for me. The breathing icon display and quick view accessibility is so much more useful than a blinking light.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

An awesome feature when I had the Turbo - I moved to the G4 and for a few days I would try and wipe my hand over the display looking for the notifications. I can't wait for this thing.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Was that really a real question?

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Sorry, not all are as enlightened as you are. And, BTW, it was a question.

Thanks to those who answered it.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, not all are as enlightened as you are. And, BTW, it was a question.

Thanks to those who answered it.

I was joking of course. Pardon my dry sense of humor, didn't mean to offend anybody.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

I love a notification light. I can set it to blink a certain color for a text message from a specific person and see it from across the room. I would really like it to have both

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Once you use the Moto Display (aka Active Notifications), you'll see how awesome it is. I was skeptical when I got the Turbo but a simple wave over the phone and bam!!

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I love a notification light. I can set it to blink a certain color for a text message from a specific person and see it from across the room. I would really like it to have both

You can ask your phone what's up from across the room and it'll read your notifications to you... Much better than a blinking light.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Gosh. Those people that have their camera flash flicker when they get notifications drive me crazy(er). Especially at night when they're in the back seat and I think it's lightning or a cop.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Gosh. Those people that have their camera flash flicker when they get notifications drive me crazy(er). Especially at night when they're in the back seat and I think it's lightning or a cop.
HAHAHA

Swear down this happened only 2 nights ago and was sitting in the back seat when all of a sudden there was loads of flashes so I looked back and was suprised to see nothing.

Was my cousins Useless iPoop.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

KevinLev

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so please someone explain me how the Moto Display works better than a simple notification light.

I have the notification LED set such that it pulses with different patterns and different colors depending on what notification is present (in my case PayPal, work email, personal email, whatsapp, etc.). I have notifications set by priority, so only one color is active at a given moment.

I can look from across the room and see exactly what notification type is present, and don't bother to pick up the phone for some types of notifications.

How can I achieve the same effect with the Moto Display feature ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power