09-11-2015 01:23 PM
26 12
tools
    Anyone know if the Style/Pure will have a notification LED?
    08-25-2015 09:52 AM
    Nope, it has something better: moto display

XT1060
    08-25-2015 09:54 AM
    Active notifications. Work pretty well too

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-25-2015 10:45 AM
    Nope, it has something better: moto display

XT1060
    Yup.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    Rocketsaucev2 likes this.
    08-25-2015 10:47 AM
    Within minutes of using the 2013 X, I forgot what the point of the notification LED was. The Active Display (now Moto Display) really has been a cool game changer for me. The breathing icon display and quick view accessibility is so much more useful than a blinking light.
    08-25-2015 11:56 AM
    Within minutes of using the 2013 X, I forgot what the point of the notification LED was.
    Seriously. I've actually forgotten that they exist(ed).
    Ry likes this.
    08-25-2015 12:40 PM
    I've never used Moto Display and I'm really excited for it
    dmark44 likes this.
    08-25-2015 01:20 PM
    I've never used Moto Display and I'm really excited for it
    Once you've looked at it, there's no looking back.
    You're hooked.
    312MotoGus likes this.
    08-25-2015 09:00 PM
    An awesome feature when I had the Turbo - I moved to the G4 and for a few days I would try and wipe my hand over the display looking for the notifications. I can't wait for this thing.
    08-25-2015 09:04 PM
    Anyone know if the Style/Pure will have a notification LED?
    Was that really a real question?

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    jephanie likes this.
    08-25-2015 10:08 PM
    Was that really a real question?

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
    Sorry, not all are as enlightened as you are. And, BTW, it was a question.

Thanks to those who answered it.

08-25-2015 11:46 PM
    Sorry, not all are as enlightened as you are. And, BTW, it was a question.

Thanks to those who answered it.

I was joking of course. Pardon my dry sense of humor, didn't mean to offend anybody.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    08-26-2015 02:11 AM
    Active notifications. Work pretty well too

I still don't understand how these will work efficiently without an AMOLED display? Battery life will be destroyed.
    08-27-2015 08:23 AM
    I still don't understand how these will work efficiently without an AMOLED display? Battery life will be destroyed.
    Except it won't; Moto X Play says hi!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
    08-27-2015 08:41 AM
    I love a notification light. I can set it to blink a certain color for a text message from a specific person and see it from across the room. I would really like it to have both
    08-27-2015 08:49 AM
    Once you use the Moto Display (aka Active Notifications), you'll see how awesome it is. I was skeptical when I got the Turbo but a simple wave over the phone and bam!!
    08-27-2015 12:24 PM
    I love a notification light. I can set it to blink a certain color for a text message from a specific person and see it from across the room. I would really like it to have both
    You can ask your phone what's up from across the room and it'll read your notifications to you... Much better than a blinking light.

Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    08-29-2015 08:09 AM
    Gosh. Those people that have their camera flash flicker when they get notifications drive me crazy(er). Especially at night when they're in the back seat and I think it's lightning or a cop.
    GeordieAffy and ewak12321 like this.
    08-31-2015 03:43 PM
    Gosh. Those people that have their camera flash flicker when they get notifications drive me crazy(er). Especially at night when they're in the back seat and I think it's lightning or a cop.
    HAHAHA

Swear down this happened only 2 nights ago and was sitting in the back seat when all of a sudden there was loads of flashes so I looked back and was suprised to see nothing.

Was my cousins Useless iPoop.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    bigbuc likes this.
    09-01-2015 03:36 AM
    Ok, so please someone explain me how the Moto Display works better than a simple notification light.

I have the notification LED set such that it pulses with different patterns and different colors depending on what notification is present (in my case PayPal, work email, personal email, whatsapp, etc.). I have notifications set by priority, so only one color is active at a given moment.

I can look from across the room and see exactly what notification type is present, and don't bother to pick up the phone for some types of notifications.

How can I achieve the same effect with the Moto Display feature ?
    kj11 likes this.
    09-05-2015 07:09 AM
    You can't. If this feature is important to you, then a different phone might be a better fit.
    Ry likes this.
    09-05-2015 08:04 AM
    Well you kinda can. You can speak to the phone and ask it what notifications you have. And it will read them out.

Atleast thats my understanding anyways.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    09-11-2015 02:24 AM
    Ok, so please someone explain me how the Moto Display works better than a simple notification light.

I have the notification LED set such that it pulses with different patterns and different colors depending on what notification is present (in my case PayPal, work email, personal email, whatsapp, etc.). I have notifications set by priority, so only one color is active at a given moment.

I can look from across the room and see exactly what notification type is present, and don't bother to pick up the phone for some types of notifications.

How can I achieve the same effect with the Moto Display feature ?
    Lets be honest here the led never really tells u what notifications u have exactly because all my life owning a smartphone usually a certain led over rides others yes u see the led and ur like oh a notification u unlock the phone and u have more than expected...

Now moto display its different, it does pulse when u have a notification, itll show the time and the icons of the notifications, it may be a bit harder to see from across the room. Plus u can read the notifications by clicking and dragging that icon without unlocking or have moto read them out for you from across the room.
    09-11-2015 05:34 AM
    Looking forward to trying this feature out. Maybe my biggest gripe with note 3 (other than camera) is having to unlock the phone to see what the booking light means. Always thought it should just show on the screen without having to unlock.

09-11-2015 10:29 AM
    If it's anything like the Nexus 6, you can root it and install an app like light flow to enable the LED.
    09-11-2015 11:21 AM
26 12