One of the rumors going around has the Moto X Style being rebranded and sold by Verizon as the DROID Turbo 2.

Does anyone think that will impact the ability for folks to buy the Pure Edition and use that on Verizon?

Posted via Android Central App
    08-26-2015 09:07 AM
    No.
    fuddster likes this.
    08-26-2015 09:10 AM
    If it does then Verizon will lose a customer.

I don't care what rumored upgrade the turbo 2 will have, nothing will beat having this phone without having to pass through Verizon first.
    08-26-2015 09:25 AM
    I'm definitely looking forward to the prospect of grabbing this phone and using it on Verizon. It should be as simple as slapping the sim from my Droid Maxx into the XPE, right? (I believe they're both nano sims...)

08-26-2015 10:08 AM
    Verizon's not selling the Moto X Pure Edition.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-26-2015 10:37 AM
    I'm definitely looking forward to the prospect of grabbing this phone and using it on Verizon. It should be as simple as slapping the sim from my Droid Maxx into the XPE, right? (I believe they're both nano sims...)

Yes, buy it from Motorola, Amazon, or Best Buy - the carriers won't have it to sell.
    fuddster, co.ag.2005 and dmark44 like this.
    08-26-2015 11:23 AM
    One of the rumors going around has the Moto X Style being rebranded and sold by Verizon as the DROID Turbo 2.

Does anyone think that will impact the ability for folks to buy the Pure Edition and use that on Verizon?

Should have no trouble with the Pure Edition on Verizon.

Even though the Droid Maxx 2 looks like a rebadged X Play, the Turbo 2 will likely be differentiated from the Style/Pure. At the very least it will have wireless charging. I'd put my money on the phone being at least slightly restyled, perhaps to fit a bigger battery in it.

I'm interested in seeing what the Turbo 2 is all about (and selling $ of the Maxx 2.) But the value ($ at launch), availability (out sooner) and convenience have me leaning towards a customized Pure Edition.
    fuddster and bpe4 like this.
    08-26-2015 01:31 PM
    The rumors I have seen is the wireless charging and the POLED display, but I currently have the Droid Turbo and if I can help it, it will be the last phone I own with Verizon fingers in it. XPE or Nexus soon...
    08-26-2015 02:26 PM
    Very happy with my Nexus 6 but Pure and Droid Turbo 2 are quite interesting. If Verizon includes wireless charging and has a ballistic blue it would be attractive. To get the wireless charging, they might not include the Micro SD slot. I don't envision Verizon changing the hardware of the Pure. Hope they don't bloat it up. On the other hand, with Motomaker you can really make an attractive phone. Interesting decision.
    fuddster likes this.
    08-27-2015 02:58 PM
    Yeah Verizon will sell Droid Turbo 2 but thats basically the Moto X Play. Hence the play wasnt released in US.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    08-28-2015 06:17 AM
    Yeah Verizon will sell Droid Turbo 2 but thats basically the Moto X Play. Hence the play wasnt released in US.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.
    I think rumor is the Droid Maxx 2 will be based on the Play and the Droid Turbo 2 will be based on the Style.

Sent from my Moto X (2013)
    jimbo1mcm, fuddster and co.ag.2005 like this.
    08-28-2015 06:25 AM
    Verizon will not activate the device on thier network. It will. Not. Happen.

And it's way more complex than just "swapping SIMs" on VZW.

I wish people would stop thinking that this is going to happen. It will not & there are business reasons behind this as well as technical ones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-30-2015 12:56 AM

I wish people would stop thinking that this is going to happen. It will not & there are business reasons behind this as well as technical ones.

There seem to be many people who have "just swapped sims" and it works.
    bholt6 and Clocks like this.
    08-30-2015 02:03 AM

What device are you talking about?

http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/25/v...our-own-phone/

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-30-2015 11:46 AM
    Ry is right. The policy has changed.

Verizon to activate unlocked, non-Verizon iPhones and Nexus 6 phones - FierceWireless

Even if you don't have an active VZW sim, Verizon should be happy to give you a sim or mail one out, as long as your Style isn't blacklisted for theft or fraud.
    08-30-2015 11:53 AM
    Very true not too long ago it was hit and miss (mainly miss) getting a non VZW phone to work. This should not be an issue now, but good luck getting any support from VZW if you have any phone issues. That is the angle VZW is playing now. We are on our own in that regard.
    08-31-2015 07:33 AM
    Yeah, you can absolutely just toss your Sim in the phone and run. Did it with a Nexus 6. I have my Fi Sim in my N6 now.... And my grandfathered unlimited Verizon Sim is just sitting there..... Waiting for a Moto X Pure.

09-01-2015 01:32 PM