Will the 2015 Moto-X have fully-implemented low power bluetooth? Peripheral communication?

Dan Peters

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I intend to buy the 2015 Moto-X on launch day.

I would also like to outfit my home with smart locks, in particular, the KEVO by Quickset. This lock requires fully implemented bluetooth, both listening, and transmitting. It is my understanding that many Android phones, even those with the new low power Bluetooth, do not have all features turned on, and therefore, will not work with this lock.

Does anyone know if the 2015 Moto-X will have peripheral communication enabled in the bluetooth? Pasred below is the email I got from Kevo/Qwickset. Thanks!

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your commitment to our products.

Kevo is compatible with smart devices that fully support Bluetooth Smart Ready/Bluetooth 4.0 hardware and have an available Kevo mobile app. The KEVO app will now work most Android phones running Lollipop 5.0. The device also must have Bluetooth Peripheral communication abilities.

At this time we do not have any information as to whether or not the 2015 Moto-X will be compatible. You can visit Google play to download the KEVO application. If your phone does not download the KEVO app, please stay tuned for further updates on my kevo. In the meantime, you can enjoy touch-to-open entry with a key fob and migrate to your Android device when available.

We hope we have answered your concerns. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.

Dan Peters

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Soooo... does anyone know if this phone will have both incoming and outgoing low power bluetooth enabled? I was hoping a hardware guru might know--or have I asked an odd or misplaced question?