Moto X Pure Edition: US Preorder 9/2 (3PM ET, 2PM CT, 12PM PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Keller

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pre order: Tomorrow!

Can't decide on my back. Definitely want white front. Leaning towards bamboo. But considering leather. I like the leather on last years better than what they're doing this year. Curious how it will age. Last years cognac looked awesome after it got worn in.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: Pre order: Tomorrow!

Can't decide on my back. Definitely want white front. Leaning towards bamboo. But considering leather. I like the leather on last years better than what they're doing this year. Curious how it will age. Last years cognac looked awesome after it got worn in.

I'm trying to decide too. I had the 2014 with white front and bamboo back... looked so nice but the bamboo was a little more slippery than I would have liked. I may try leather this go around. Do we know if the customization is the same as for the Play Edition on Moto Maker?

JJDigitized

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pre order: Tomorrow! (Time: 2pm CT (12pm PT, 3pm ET)

I have a US mailing address, but does anyone know if Motorola will accept a Canadian credit card? Curious if anyone has gone that route in previous years as I'd love to use MotoMaker as opposed to buy at Best Buy.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Lol I'm in an all day client site visit tomorrow! I'll have to sneak in a pre-order during a break.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Yes the pure is us only, style is larger.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm so ready for this phone but still uneasy about to screen size. Is anyone else? Is a 5.7 inch phone really that bad? The biggest phone I've ever had has been the nexus 5..a lot of people are leaning towards the new nexus 5 over this due to the display size

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm so ready for this phone but still uneasy about to screen size. Is anyone else? Is a 5.7 inch phone really that bad? The biggest phone I've ever had has been the nexus 5..a lot of people are leaning towards the new nexus 5 over this due to the display size
I'll be making a big jump in size, since I'm going from the 2013 Moto X to the Moto X Pure Edition.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I currently have a Note 4 (and had the 3 before it) and after a week or two you'll wonder how anyone uses a small phone. When my mom asks me to help her with her S5 I can barely use it its so small haha. It's weird for 2-3 days and then it just becomes normal.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

312MotoGus

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

does anyone know a website where i can purchase this phone that ships to FPO/AP addresses
I imagine Amazon and Best Buy will ship to FPO/APO addresses. They will carry "standard" versions, such as white with light wood back. I looked around Motorola.com and it didn't say one way or the other. You might contact them directly to find out. Good luck!

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Yes the pure is us only, style is larger.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

Thought they were the same thing based on the continent you lived on and the Play was only available outside of the US. I'm confused although it's about something I don't care about..... lol

Can't wait for some camera samples!!

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I currently have a Note 4 (and had the 3 before it) and after a week or two you'll wonder how anyone uses a small phone. When my mom asks me to help her with her S5 I can barely use it its so small haha. It's weird for 2-3 days and then it just becomes normal.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Exactly. You get used to it real quick.

I'm ready to ditch my Note 4 as well. It has been a great phone, but I miss stock Android.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'll be making a big jump in size, since I'm going from the 2013 Moto X to the Moto X Pure Edition.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

Me too.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Me too.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Ya, I went from the Nexus 6 to the S6 and now I'm on the 2013 Moto X...I've adjusted to each pretty easily within a couple days. I do miss the larger screen though for sure.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Ya, I went from the Nexus 6 to the S6 and now I'm on the 2013 Moto X...I've adjusted to each pretty easily within a couple days. I do miss the larger screen though for sure.

You went from a 2014 phone (Nexus 6) to a 2015 phone (Galaxy S6) to a 2013 phone (OG Moto X)...

Why?

Ermolli

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: US: Moto X Pure Edition (aka Moto X Style) Release Date Rumors

Finally news about the preorder but I've a situation and I don't know for sure what I'll do. I don't live in the US but a family member is going there between the 17th and the 24th of September at an hotel. I don't know if it's worth risking preordering the phone tomorrow via Motomaker or just wait until it's released to buy it from Amazon and have it shipped as soon as possible. I don't care for customization, I just want the phone.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Exactly. You get used to it real quick.

I'm ready to ditch my Note 4 as well. It has been a great phone, but I miss stock Android.

I'll more than likely be coming from the Note 4 also assuming the camera is close to being on par. I miss the features of the Moto X more than anything.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Motorola Pure/Style are the same phone except for radios.

Pure = us only
Style = outside of us

Thought they were the same thing based on the continent you lived on and the Play was only available outside of the US. I'm confused although it's about something I don't care about..... lol

Can't wait for some camera samples!!

I meant a larger release. The Style will be more or less a global flagship, however most markets won't have the Style and Play both available. The US will get the Style only in the form of the Pure except for Verizon which will get the Play in the form of the Maxx.

Status
Not open for further replies.